Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Iron RP Thread

Default Pokemon Iron RP Thread

The village of Hedgerow sat amongst grass land and bog. To the East a dark foreboding forest overshadowed it. The buildings were mostly mud huts and the peasants who lived there were simple people who worked daily to eke out a living. A large wood and stone Inn dominated one end of the village, Tarn's Refuge. A squat blacksmith shop had been built toward the other end.

It was midday when the cloud of dust appeared on the horizon and moved quickly towards the village. A few wiser peasants retreated inside before it arrive, while other stopped to gawk and see just what was coming. At last it reached Hedgerow and the dust cloud began to thin a bit, revealing a massive tauros with shaggy grey and brown fur. The beast snorted and pawed the ground, steam blasting from it's nostrils. The populace seemed to pause of a moment, fear and wonder hanging in the air. Everything was silent.

The silence was broken by screams as the Tauros charged, trampling a farmer and his wife, crushing them beneath powerful hooves. People began to flee as the terrible pokebeast lowered it's head and battered one of the simple huts, sending shudders through the building and filling the wall with cracks. It would be several minutes before the creature finished it's furious rampage. By then, one of the small huts of Hedgerow would be rubble and five people would lay trampled.

Another day on the edge of civilization.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Beginning Trainer

Connor lied down on the crisp green grass on the outside of his small hut just staring up at the big blue sky. Not a single cloud was there to obstruct the suns rays on the town. He was about to close his eyes when he heard someone yelling to him, “I wouldn't suggest napping while a monster terrorizes everyone up at the other side of town.” Then before Connor could turn to see who had spoken the man was already inside his hut, probably fortifying it with everything he could muster up to defend himself with in case of attack.

Well Connor thought to himself, I don't want to be victim, but I also don't want everybody over where it is right now to be either. Connor stood there, staring off into space, trying to figure out a solution to a problem that seemed to haunt the people everyday. I'm pretty fast, maybe I can outrun the creature he thought as he seemed to draw nearer to a solution. No that wouldn't work, then it won't let me go, I won't be able to lose it. Connor ran up past several huts before he could hear a sound as loud as thunder, and a few more huts past he could see the cause.

A bull like pokebeast with shaggy brown and gray fur was battering a hut nearby. Each hit it made sounded like thunder as the hut filled with more and more cracks. It stomped its foot in the ground as steam could be seen coming from the beasts nostrils, it was preparing for the final strike before the hut in question would be in ruins and the inhabitants would follow. Connor knew what he was about to do was indeed stupid, but he knew if something wasn't done the people in that hut would die.

He looked at the ground for anything he could throw to get the beasts attention, finding a rather large rock he picked it up and tossed it hoping it could get the beast attention away from the house. Unfortunately, the rock did more then just get the beasts attention as the beast started charging, the rock hit the beast on the head. It stopped its charge a few feet from the hut, shook its head a little bit, then turned to see Connor with hatred in its eyes. The beast started stomping its hooves to the ground as steam could again be seen coming from the nostrils as it charged towards Connor. Connor turned and bolted away from the angry beast hoping to find somewhere safe to hide.

The raging bull was a few yards behind Connor as it gave chase, but with each step they each took it got closer and closer. It seemed in no time at all when the beast finally caught up and was about to hit Connor with its charge. I don't know how I can get outta this Connor thought as an idea seemed to strike him, lets see how this beast corners. Connor in a swift and graceful motion, put his left hand on the ground and put all his weigh on it as he did a U-turn and headed in the direction he came from. Looking back over his shoulder he saw that the beast in fact couldn't do exactly what Connor did, and had to circle around as if on the outside of a race track. Connor turned and ran past a hut with the beast in tow, climbing up a tree and stopping a branch from the ground, just high enough that the beast couldn't reach.

The bull stopped its charge a foot away from the tree, Connor had thought it had given up as it turned and started to walk away. However Connor's theory was disproved when the beast turned back around and prepared to charge. A few hits and that hut was almost gone, I give it one to maybe two if I'm really lucky for this tree.

Banned

Jason said goodbye to his sister, lying to her and saying he was going to the big city market, and left. He now needed to get a weapon of some sort. He knew he kept a sword from his guard days in a hayshed outside the town borders The shed was about a kilometer northeast. Just exactly where he WASN’T going. “Great, that’ll add a few days to my trip, fantastic,” Jason said sarcastically. The trip was boring, except for a few Bidoof that he had to stomp out. Finally, the shed was in sight after half a day. It was getting dark so he set up a camp in a tree. He also set up a fire near the base of the tree, to smoke out the pokemon.

TAUROS! A man screamed. Joe awoke in his nice wooden room heated buy a wood stove. Joe was lying on a fur matress from Raichu hide. He quikley got dressed and hopped outside to the fort. "Sir Joe tauros are attacking the village of Hedgerow" said a meaningless miner. "Tauros eh hmm... wait a herd towards Hedgerow?" Joe has visited the village many time recuiting miners but few came it seemed like a fine pesant life almost ideal. "Aye" Joe nooded his head. Joe then climbed up a set of stairs that when to the top of the mountain the Rock Tunnel was under. There archers would be if an attack came to overtake the fort. Joe after much effort and lost breath got up there seeing the sight tauros had overtaken the vilage almost nothing remained. "I can use those beast for labor" he muttered. Then he turned "Send message 1/8 Geodude weight of gold to whom catches a tauros each."

The tauros glared balefully at the tree, stopping it's charge just short. The beast studied the young man in the tree for some time before pawing the ground once and snorting. Then suddenly as it appeared, the pokemon trotted back across the plains, disappearing over the horizon. It had left two dead and one wounded.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

There were loud stomps and bangs all around Leopold, but these sounds were not of pokebeast. These loud noises were of a working mill. Leopold had been grinding flour for almost the entire day. He hadn't heard anything when left work as the sun began to set. He looked over his shoulder after work and saw Hedgerow in the distance.
    He continued his walk towards home, carrying with him the tools that he would use daily for the mill.

Beginning Trainer

Connor was relieved when he saw the pokebeast leave. If that hit had indeed connected then the tree and Connor would have very well been finished. Connor climbed down the tree and ran back to his hut hoping to see it the way he left it. When he stepped into view of his hut he was glad to see it exactly the way he left it. “Dad should be back from work, maybe he knows what happened.” Connor said aloud as he ran past his hut and into town. Finally arriving at a hut not too much different then his, he walked right in to see his father dressed back into normal clothes. Which Connor considered too tight, a long sleeved brown shirt and pants. His fathers work requiring him to be in perfect health Connors father was muscular, and had a thinly trimmed mustache with several bad cuts around his chin from using a knife and water to accomplish the means.

“How's it going Dad? You wouldn't happen to know what happened with the pokebeast earlier do you?” The questions to ask his father seemed to hit Connor all at once but he had to save them for one at a time otherwise he father wouldn't be able to answer any.

“Ah, I'm doing just fine considering, and the beast however, inspired a king I heard through the grapevines wants to give 1/8 Geodude for anybody who can deliver a Tauros its called now, alive. Which in case your wondering is the same creature that attacked here today.” His Father replied as he sat down in a wooden chair at the table.

“They can name the beasts but they can't take the time to see if they are all like that or just one. I mean some of them must be helpful to us. Might even make some everyday stuff here a little easier to do.” Connor fumed to his father knowing that nothing he said about the subject would ever change a thing about it. “Do you happen to know why its wanted?” Connor asked cooling down.

His father shook his head and replied, “No, but maybe its to study it like you just said, not all the people out there can be that oblivious to these creatures being capable of helping us as well.”

“Well I'll go see what I might be able to do.” Connor said as he stepped outside the hut and started walking back to his. As he walked in deep thought of another solution to another problem, he took some time to see that all the people who were trapping themselves in their huts for safety were finally starting to come back out now that it has left. Deciding to have a few drinks to ease his mind of this new problem as Connor put it, he walked over to Tarn's Refuge. When he walked up, there was a parchment tacked to the wall. Connor read it intently, many thoughts flooding ito his mind as if a dam had bursted. However when he finished reading it the only thing he could say as he past the parchment and walked inside was, "My Dad was way off on that one."

It wasn't long before the beast left that the tavern became packed. Mugs of ale were spread aroudn liberally and people whispered rumors about the recent goings on.

"Did you hear? Some Rich Fool from far off Shara has offered a ludicrous sum of money to anyone'll catch that Tauros"

"Even for all the money in Yooropa, you'd have to be Daft to try it!"

"It's a Sign from God... The endtimes are upon us! Soon more terrible beasts will be breakin down our doors and carrying our children off into the night!"

"I don't think they're all that terrible, Some of the little ones are even cute."

"Quite woman! What if the High Inquisitor or one of his spies heard that kind of talk?"

"Well, They say there's mystics what can harness the Aura and make those beasts serve em"

"The worst manner of Witchcraft to be sure!"

"Aye, I'll drink to that, but they say ye can even find some of their rituals written down in the library at Shara."
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Beginning Trainer

Hearing the talk going around inside the tavern caused some thoughts to arise inside Connors head. His brains gears were turning, but they were put on pause when the bartender asked, “What will ya have?”

Connor, trying to get back to thinking, said the first thing to pop into his head to keep the bartender busy. “give me your best.” Connor himself didn't even know what he just asked for exactly but it worked as the bartender nodded and walked into the back. Leaving Connor with his thoughts once more, The library in Shara eh, Connor thought, if I used that ritual to control the beast, it would be even easier to get the reward, but I still have to decide if I'm even doing it. I mean the rumors around this guy are pretty fierce, wouldn't have even thought of doing it if I had heard of the employers name before I started thinking about the money involved.

Not even doing it for the right reasons, still the money is good. Connor continued to weigh the options heavily in his head as he decided what to do, before long the bartender returned with the mug with a liquid Connor couldn't identify and placed it right in front of him. Connor sat at the wooden chair at the wooden bar with his mug and returned to deep thought.

To all the girls that wanna join my tribe, just move to my rhythm and feel my vibe Echolalia's Avatar

Alexei sat inside of his carriage, reading to himself as the vehicle ambled down the road. Despite the bumps and potholes covering this run-down road that caused him to be jostled about within the compartment, he still managed to focus on the piece of literature he was reading: James Key's Second Treatise on Government. However, his concentration strayed when a loud rumbling sounded down the road from the vehicle. Peering out of the curtains, he saw what appeared to be a giant dust cloud bearing down the road at them, heading towards town, the same direction as he was.

"What in the hell is that?" he asked in a decidedly ignoble tone. As the cloud grew closer, the young nobleman finally realized what its source was. "Driver, veer off the road; The Grey Tauros is on our tail!" In a panic the drive hauled the horse team off of the path, allowing the monstrous Pokébeast to pass. Following this strange occurrence however, the rest of the drive was fairly normal. The horse-drawn carriage rolled peacefully in to town, its polished wooden exterior a sharp contrast with the ramshackle huts and the pile of kindling that lay on the ground which used to be one of the former. It seemed the Tauros had decided to take out some of its intrinsic anger on the townspeople. He hopped out of the vehicle immediately to see if there was anything to be done to aid the injured, but it seemed to have been all taken care of. The people went about dealing with this rather efficiently; they must have been used to occurrences such as these, living out on the frontier as they did. His own home was protected by a palisade, whereas this one was bare to the plains.

However, what's done was done and he could not stop prior damage from this beast. On the other hand, he could have a part in preventing them in the future, and with no paltry reward for doing so either, he thought as he spotted the the advertisement for the capture of the beast on the side of Tarn's Refuge. Deigning to inquire more about the matter, Alexei entered the tavern itself, to be greeted by a buzzing population of townsfolk filling the main room. Taking one of the few open seats on the bar, he squeezed between two burly locals, a male and a female, with the latter possessing more facial hair than the former. Turning to the barkeep he said "I'll take a glass of your finest Blackberry Hill vintage if you please." Noticing the man's quizzical expression he sighed. "A flagon of mead will suffice too." Muttering under his breath, he disparaged the fare he would be having here. "Savages."
    Quote Originally Posted by Octazooka View Post
    globs of wet snow raining on me

Leopold finely reached his home and layed out his equipment. He cleaned them and placed them in their proper storage.
    He noticed the time and knew that the following day would have less work than today.

"Que mas? There isn't much to do." Thought Leopold. He rose from his wooden seat and went to the shed door. "I guess I could go to the bar today. I haven't had a good drink in a good amount of time." Leopold soft said to himself. He rubbed his chin and nodded his head.

Leopold now cleanly dressed began his hike to Hedgerow, where most of the activity is usually at. While on the road he noticed that there were thousands of hoof marks. He wondered why they were there.

When Leopold came up to the town he saw that it had recently been damaged. There were people of all ages constructing and repairing. Most of whom were rushing so that they had a roof over them at night.
    "Hello there!" Leopold yelled to an old man, "What happened here today?"

"You don't know!?" caughed the old man, "We've been attacked you stupid man!"
    "I don't live in Hedgerow, I wouldn't know the news around here." explained Leopold.
    "You foolish young. Can't you see that we've been attacked? Anyone can tell you that! Oh, but not you! You simply cannot connect one to another and see what has happened. Instead of trying to help you ask what when wrong.
    Obviously we've been attacked!" ranted the old man.

Leopold shook his head and walked off, still the man yelled at him. "I just wanted to know who attacked."

The tavern was again abuzz with rumors and gossip.

"Get a looka that guy, he's a nobleman by the look of 'im,"

"You sure? Looks to be one of the Inquistor's agents. They'll burn Hedgerow to the ground for certain!"

"What have I told you about keeping your mouth shut woman!?"

The older man that Leopold had questioned, studied the miller now, "Espanyan eh? 'swot the accent sounds like at least. No matter... 'was the Grey Tauros, smashed us up good. A few people had seen it out in the plains but this is the first time it's attacked the village. Some rich nob's put up a nice bounty on it... Alive though. I'm sure if the Inquisition comes, they'll be no talk of capturing it alive though. If your interested in collecting, which you'd be a dang fool to try, there's a few around here that looks just a crazy. Most of em are foreigners of course... makes sense that they'd be the crazy ones. Say you don't have a couple of crowns on ya? Mah throat's a bit dry..."
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

"Ah!!" Joe shouted. Joe was a nervous wreck word had spread of witchcraft abrewen such talk could ruin Joe. Miners where leaving left and right most promised to come back once talk simmered down. Most though wanted the weeks pay now though many beilving that soon the industry would fail leaving the last weeks work useless. To stop rebellion and keep when it stopped he paid each a whole weeks pay of 1/16 geodude weight. It was Wednesday. He himself feared the herds they had been growing recently for apparantly no reason his only good defence was the archers and only 3 where left he had 45 yesterday. No word had come of any cattle catchers though "sad something must intimidiate them" he thought good pay for each and one itself is not that hard to catch.

"Thank you old man. But that sound like something I would have done. No, nowadays I just want to live a quiet life."

Leopold looked at the bar and looked at the old man again.
    "Well, I could have some fun. I have some gold... Come! Have a drink with me."

The two men walked into the bar.

Beginning Trainer

Connor watched as a noblemen entered the bar, soon followed by two others. Connor had decided, he was going to go after the gray Tauros after he had some help. He knew by the earlier encounter that he had no chance doing it alone. However he heard the latter of those to arrive were not looking to go after the Tauros at all. Leaving him with the noblemen and any others that would consider the job. The noblemen to Connor seemed the best choice, he seemed a good choice for the fact that he seemed to be able to handle himself, and did have an army that could be of use as well. However, being rich he probably won't have good people skills with some of the more common folk.

However Connor doesn't know the noblemen and can't judge people, not like people judge the pokebeasts. However if I approach him and make a bad first impression to the man, he will most certainly refuse to aid Connor thought to himself, he thought that anyone interested in claiming the reward would most certainly seek him out. With a plan in his mind, Connor took a swig of the liquid in the mug. The liquid burned as it coursed down his throat, but as he put the mug down he felt almost compelled to take another swig. Connor then started to wonder who would seek him out first.

Leopold knows how to drink, but when he drinks, he becomes more roudy. Then he buys everyone drinks and tries to start party with strangers.
    Of course doing it here in Hedgerow, where everyone enjoys drinking as much as him, gets a little expensive.

Banned

Jason woke up to the smell of his cooking ass. He fell on the ground and promptly put it out. He walked over to the shed. It look old and ramshackle, but still in good shape. He walked in, and a family of Sentret ran out. "Fucking pokemon." Jason mumbled to himself.
    Inside It still looked good as when he had first entered it. He checked under the left-over hay.To his suprise he didn't find his sword, but a chainmail suit. "Hmm.... this could come in handy later. He checked the rest of the shed, but to no avail. He walked home at noon about, after completeley making a mess of the shed. As Jason was walking home, some sunlight shone through a crack in the ceiling of the shed and a glint of iron shone.

"Dioses!" Began Leopold as he woke up.
    The bar tender, who happened to be the owner as well, was standing over him with an empty bucket.
    Leopold looked around himself realizing that he is drenched in water... very cold water.
    "De que... What's your problem!?" Grunted Leopold.
    "The bill, that's OUR problem." retorted the bar tender.

"What do you mean?" said Leopold, "How much is it?"
    "Frankly it's quite a pretty jewel, the bill that is." said the man, now helping Leopold stand, beit in a rough manner.
    "Thanks, but how much is it exactly?" said Leopold jerking his arm away once he had his balance.

"Like I said, it's a pretty Jewel. It's actually cost a Royal Jewel and a couple pounds of crowns."

Leopold's eyes widened. "That's more than what I make in two moon cycles!"
    "Well pal, that's what I was afraid to hear, but I suspected that y'know."

"I could help clean you dishes." offered Leopold. "This isn't a restaruant pal. It's a bar and we only have mugs. And frankly they only needed be rinsed."
    Leopold's nose cringed, if the people here only knew.
    "I could send you off to jail, but that ain't goin' to do me any best."
    The bar tender stood there pondering.

Leopold watched for a moment and faintly recalled the grey Touros.
    With that the bar tender looked at Leopold, and they both watched each other knowing what the other was thinking.
    "No. no, no, no, no!--" began Leopold.
    "I don't think you have a say in this matter" said the man, interupting Leopold's no's.
    "It's that or to jail for you. I wouldn't think your mill over yonder would last very long to these monsters out there in the woods."

Leopold was stuck.

Banned

As Jason approach town he noticed a large amount of hoof marks in the ground out of town. He realized that another tauros herd had come into town and he realized the situation. He ran as fast as he could to the corner where he set up a tent where his sister slept. He looked into the tent. Nothing. No one.
    "AUGH!!!!!!!" He yelled out in out in anguish.
    A citizen asked "What the hell is going on with you?!"
    "I'll tell you what happened, I now have no family because of FUCKING POKEMON!"
    "Oh... I'm sorry." the citizen responded."
    "You know what nevermind, I got stuff to do." Said Jason.
    Jason headed to the blacksmith.

Leopold stumbles himself into Tarn's Refuge. There he reads a smoothed piece of parchment that is tacked to the wall. It explains about a new job that has been offered. Something Leopold could do; 2,500 crowns. That's close enough to pay off the first half of a Royal Jewel.

With that Leopold goes off to find Joe.

Beginning Trainer

Connor woke up and scratched his head. He instantly shot awake and looked around to see where he was. He soon identified his surroundings as the ground outside the bar. He quickly put his hands to his head a throbbing headache suddenly began. “What happened last night?” Connor questioned himself, unsure of the answer. Last thing I remember was having some drinks that that guy decided to pay for then.... nothing. Connor stood up, almost falling back down as he steaded himself.

Maybe the bartender can tell me Connor thought as he walked into the bar.

Banned

As Jason walked into the blacksmith shop. He took out the suit of chain mail and put it out on the counter.
    "How much is this chain mail worth?" Jason asked.
    " Hmm... good condition, and a full suit. 100 crowns."
    "Okay, take off 20 crowns and I'll take a spearhead."
    Jason took his crowns and spearhead, and went back to his tent. He took out a wooden support beam, and attach the spearhead. "Perfect" he thought to himself.
    He spent the rest of his day spending all his crowns to get cleaned up and buy all the pokemon hunting gear he could find.
    He walked into the tavern and looked at the cork bulletin board. "Hmmm.... tauros. Good for revenge. Yes perfect............." He continued to mumble to himself as he walked to Joe.

Leopold happens to see several people, both of whom are walking in the same direction as him.
    "Eh Muchacho! Are you going to see Joe!?" shouted Leopold

Banned

"Si, Senor!" Said Jason, proving tha he knew spanish.

"I was just wondering if you knew where to go to find him exactly.
    I was told that if I go in that direction, I would find him." said Leopold pointing Northbound.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast