Thread: 2 Democracies have never fought?

Default 2 Democracies have never fought?

My teacher said that 2 democracies in all of world history have never founght. After some though I could not find any example where they did so I asked my dad. He said "what about the American Revolution" which was a consitutional monchary at the time and it was some what democratic but if the king wanted to he could throw the whole system out if he did not like it. What do you think?

american/indian wars, many indian societies were very democratic. unless of course your teacher is a racist and doesn't consider these indian societies to be REAL democracies for some reason.

in general it's extremely arguable which states were 'democratic' or not and it just seems like shallow rhetoric. the states in various greek wars were "democratic" but with voting restrictions. but if you want to say that america was democratic for the first 150 years or so of its existence you would have to say they are too. in that case you have the punic wars too i guess.

by the 1770's the monarch was far less powerful than parliament, just look up the english civil war or the glorious revolution or something. the whole point of the american revolution is that they wanted the rights that real englishmen had. so if you want to ignore the enfranchisement issues you could call that democracy vs. democracy. and again if you want to say american was at all a democracy in its first 100+ years of existence, then yeah you wanna ignore the enfranchisement issues.

NATO vs. Yugoslavia. Milosevic did participate in elections which seemed fair to a degree.

Israel v. Lebanaon in 2006. racist people will probably knee-jerkingly say lebanon isnt a democracy for some reason, but their 05 election was monitored by the EU and deemed fair.

if you want to say that any country before the 1900's was a democracy, then you could also say the american civil war.

im sure theres a few more.

Yeah I have a feeling that my teacher does not count the indians probably becuase ofa bit of racism but what are you to do about that. Yes the civil war never though of that.

your teacher sounds like a hack kirby. ask him how he feels about communism.

He was in the maries thats why... in a few weeks I will see how he feelings about it.