Thread: Utawarerumono

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Default Utawarerumono

Imagine Inuyasha and Princess Mononoke combined. That is basically what Utawarerumono (I got to find a shorter name to call it) is.
    The story takes place in the world surrounded by nature. In this world, there is the mankind almost looks like the human being, but it has ears and a tail like an animal. One day, Eruru who lives in a village of marginal region, saves a masked young man lying seriously injured. Fortunately, he narrowly escapes from the death, but he has lost his memory. Tuskle, the grandmother of Eruru, names him Hakuoro. Soon, this encounter will make them lead checkered lives.

Here's the opening:

My mom buys random animes for my birthday (since she can never remember what I like). This was one of them. Wasn't that nice of her?

Well, it starts off kinda slow, but I've heard the series picks up the pace as more episodes are shown. And being based off a video game, it has a nice fantasy/RPG feel to it.

For the animation: Wow. It is top-notch and even has CG graphics from time to time.

For the characters: Every character except Haruoko has animal ears (and sometime tails). I like the personality they gave Haruoko: He plans things out before doing it, but is a bit clichéd in the fact that he had amnesia.

And another thing, the dub actually doesn't kill the anime. It is pretty good, and all the voices fit the characters nicely.

Overall, it's better then some other anime's I've seen, but then again, I have weird tastes in animes. And since I haven't seen the whole series, I can't give a full coverage about it...

8.5/10 at least