Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sky Line City

Earth hopefully, but sometimes I wonder...

She showed no hint of disdain or hatred as she took his hand and shook it.

"Clementine Harrier," She said careful to look him straight in the eye, "And, well that's just Dog."

Unsure of what to do wither herself now she stood there, shifting from foot to foot.

"I was on my way to town. I could maybe help pick you up some supplies or something," She said before thinking, then cursed herself for it.

Why had she offered to help him? What could possibly going through her brain that she would risk such a thing? She had been alone far too long, it seemed she her subconcious was jumping for her to seek friendship as it presented itself. Why not go the whole nine yards, might as well hit the bottom if you're gonna fall.

"I can't say I get it honestly," She forced a laugh,"but they haven't caught me yet."

The girl greeted Leon handshake with another as they both shook hands.

"Clementine Harrier," the girl replied. "And, well that's just Dog."

Clementine seemed friendly enough but appearances couldn’t be trusted alone. The fact that she was here alone meant that see could have strong powers. Again, Leon was beginning to think about the girl

“I was on my way to town. I could maybe help pick you up some supplies or something," said Clementine. "I can't say I get it honestly," She forced a laugh,” but they haven't caught me yet."

It was a little suspicious that she would ask Leon to go with her to town. Maybe she was a spy who would lead Evolution into traps but Leon had plain to go to town anyway to pick up some seeds.

“I’ll go with you,” replied Leon back to Clementine. “Can’t have a young girl like you roam the streets by herself just wouldn’t be right.”

With that Leon placed the Bow and pre pared to leave for town.

“You think your dog could dig a hold for this rabbit,” said Leon. “I wouldn’t like this rabbit to go to waste and be eaten by something else.”

OOC: How's my writing Muttsy can you understand it? I seem to be slacking a little.

*Both Made by Ph3nom*

With These Hands, I Can Take Life. With Our Body We Can Make Life. Doesn’t That Make Us Godly.

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

“Safety? Safety’s somewhere over the rainbow!” Camael shouted back, gasping in the tight grip of the cousin. Even in midair, trapped in that slow freefall, Camael saw Rayne lift an arm to hit her. She recoiled, anticipating the impact and made to get away, despite the great drop that would be inevitable away from her dear brother’s arms.

“I’M NOT JOKING!!!” She screamed right into the bigger man’s ear. Wrenching an arm out of Rayne’s iron fist, she pointed into the distance. Sure enough, there was a great rainbow bridge stretching out across the sky, glittering in its many, many, many bright colours. Sparkling beauty! And below swarmed little black figures all over the roads. Tiny ants, so much like those she loved to crouch down and watch when she was young, but these were people. People, normal people who were armed and deadly. With firearms and weapons and menace and disgust and glee and cruelty and no souls and bared teeth and great fangs and ripping, tearing, striking, killing normal people hahaha…killing freaky people heeheehee…

Camael screamed yet again as they speed towards the ground increased in a blitz. Rayne was close to fainting, and they were still so far from the rainbow…the rainbow was where the swarm of blackness inkness stopped, where danger didn’t go. But like the fine, fine line between safety and harm, the Bifrost lookalike was already fading. And so was Rayne.

Camael could only wail as the tears started.

------
    A thousand dreams away lies another two souls, trapped in this sad, sad tale
    ------

The lights in the clinic were dead. A single stranger sat at the reception counter, sipping a cup of steaming hot coffee, leaning back on the hard chair. The aroma filled the little room all around, cleansing even the harsh medical scents of the chemicals, alongside the putrid stench of the dead below. The blinds were partially drawn, and the dusk was approaching. Overhead, the gleaming rainbow shone, the last remains of light before the other hour would approach. Beyond the glass walls of the whitewashed clinic was blood and carnage. Figures in black raced past; the fully armed government officials, or as Sergei loved to christen them, ‘legalized hippies’. The stranger smiled at that memory. Aside from that movement, the black figures outside paid no heed to the humanoid outline inside. He could’ve been invisible for all one could tell. Except for the coffee, of course.

Suddenly, a bell jingled. The ‘closed’ sign that hung at the door swung sadly, having been ignored. A man stumbled in. He looked fairly young, perhaps in his twenties. His eyes were half closed from a mixture of shock, panic, relief and despair, and the cheeks were red and heaving up and down from spent effort. Sweat ran in short, fast gasps. Reaching out an arm and clutching the row of waiting chairs for support, the man said nothing at first. Too exhausted.

The stranger stood up against the sudden intrusion; black lab coat swishing. The man shrank back upon realizing that his hidey hole was indeed occupied. His blue eyes stared at those purple ones, pleading.

“Please…please you gotta help me! I’ll leave at once, just don’t…don’t tell them I’m here! Please! I’ll die!”

The stranger betrayed no emotion at the sentence. Not even a twitch on the face. As the man waited for an answer, despair reared within him. This guy’s gonna hand me over, back to them. Should I make a break for it? With my powers, I think I can overpower him…but I’m weak…!

“Welcome!” As the stranger turned, the man threw up his arms against the glare. The lights had suddenly come on in a most intense, blinding glow. Only now could he see the stranger properly. Black lab coat…slick raven hair…and piercing purple ethereal eyes.

“Welcome! Welcome Welcome Welcome! Welcome to my humble clinic here. I trust that you are ill?” Faust enquired with an inquisitive look. As the man shrank back, Faust caught sight of the ragged clothing he was dressed in. Through the dirty grey trickled streams of red. Blood.

“Ahhh…your leg’s injured. Please lie down here as I get the instruments ready.” Faust half led, half dragged the poor man towards a door by the side. Flinging it open, the man caught sight of a pristine white sheet upon an operating table, razor sharp metal instruments of doom by its side. Operating tools. He protested weakly as Faust shoved him onto the table.

“No no…I don’t want to trouble you…I just need a place to hide, please…”

“Now I want silence. Shhhh.” Faust’s lips gave an almost mischievous grin, as he pressed a single finger to his lips. “You don’t want to be disturbing the doctor now. I’m going to give you an injection, just a small dose of morphine to take away the pain okay? Good !” As he spoke, his fingers were already shrugging on the rubber gloves, working expertly around the tiny tube and syringe. The man gave up and lay still as he felt a tiny prick by his calf. He could use a rest after all…

Just then, the door opened, another youth entered. This one was definitely younger than Faust, though when looked at carefully, one would find it hard to define an age for him.

“Yo Faust. I’m going out.”
    “Out hunting for women, Sergei?”
    “Meh. Never done any before. I’m out to find some Evolutionists.”
    “That old habit of yours. Don’t get caught.”

Faust smiled benignly, ignoring a single gasp and choke behind him.

“Don’t worry, I won’t. By the way, what’s that behind you?”
    “Oh nothing much. Just a dead man.”
    “Oh okay. Speaking of women, you should catch yourself one too, Faust.”
    “Me? I would, but then it’ll be necrophilia.”
    “Got that right. Well, I’ll be leaving now.”
    “Bye.”
    “Bye.”

The youth stepped out into the cool breeze, leaving Faust and the corpse behind. Just then, a heartrending shriek filled the air.

“What’s that?” He muttered. “The angels of the heavens weeping on what our world has become…?”

OOC: I don't have a problem with it Hero, don't know what you're worried about.

IC: She looked at the coyote, but he made no motion to dig anything.

"Better not to test him," She said while continuing on to the town, still limping from her injury.

She was a little insulted at him calling her a little girl, but more angry at herself for dragging him along. Perhaps she should have just scared him off to begin with, but first thing was first, she needed some aspirin if she was gonna make it though the week. Before breaking through the woods and into the outskirts of town she wrapped her tail around herself, hidding it under her reasonably baggy top. Clipping on her fanny pack, no one would have been the wiser. It didn't take long after that to make her way through the streets to a local convienent store, this one was new to her. She hadn't seen it before.

"Gotta make a stop," She said leaving him alone on the streets with Dog.

Stepping inside she grabbed a magazine and began to read it while walking around the store. She looked at a few things, made small chit chat with a few other teenage girls in the store just to make her look less suspicious. After browsing around for five minutes she leaned against a rack, filled with a few non-prescrition drugs and the like. She was careful not to look at the security camera while both her hands still held the magazine, but she knew it was there. It wouldn't matter, it wouldn't notice anything anyway.

Letting her tail unfurl behind her, she was careful not to let it show underneath her clothes or behind her. Once part of it was free from her waist, she carefully wrapped it around one of the bottles of pain killers near the back of the shelf. It was the only reason she had given herself a tail, it allowed her to operate with a third hand. Tucking her tail back in along with the bottle she positioned the bulge just right so it looked to be part of her fanny pack. No one could see anything under her clothes, and no one had any reason to suspect her. Afterall, this had all taken under a minute and her hands had never left the magazine. She moved on, walking around a little more before dropping the magazine back on the rack and walking out of the store.

Walking back to a secluded alley with Dog and Leon, she opened the bottle and downed a few pills. It would be a while before they took effect, but she could still move around.

"Where you off to?" She asked, pocketing the aspirin in her fanny pack and hiding her tail once-more, "Hey, I never really asked you what you do. What is your ability?"

Ic:

Leon followed Clementine from out of the woods to into the streets. It was a long and silent walk and neither said anything to each other for a while.

“Probably pissed her off by what I said” thought Leon to himself quietly.

Dog gave a small bark at Leon comment but lucky Clementine didn’t here it.

The silence was soon broke when Clementine spoke.

"Gotta make a stop," Clementine said leaving Leon alone on the streets with Dog.

“Just me and you Dog” said Leon while bending down to pet the dog.

Dog gave a low warning growl telling Leon to keep away. Leon took that as a no in dog language and stood back up. A few minutes had passed and Clementine was back out of the store.

"Where you off to" Clementine asked before pocketing a bottle of aspirin. "Hey, I never really asked you what you do. What is your ability?"

“I’m off to the Veggie and Fruit Market,” replied Leon. “I came to pick up some seeds from a friend of mine.”

Leon pretended not to hear the last part of what Clementine had ask and continue to walk deeper into the town. The streets weren’t as crowded as Leon thought they would have been. He easily made his way to an open produce stand.

“I’ll be back,” said Leon to Clementine.

“Hello their Leon came to pick up the seeds” said a voice. The voice came from an old men standing at a table filled with different kinds of Veggies and Fruit.

“Sure did Paul?” answered while Leon heading toward the old men. Sharing a little small talk and saying his goodbye Leon headed back to where Clementine and dog was.

“I’m finish for today here,” said Leon. “You got anything else to do.

OOC: Thanks Muttsy

*Both Made by Ph3nom*

With These Hands, I Can Take Life. With Our Body We Can Make Life. Doesn’t That Make Us Godly.

Okay, so asking his power was a step to far so early in the game. It was a fair question though considering he got a tid bit of hers, not that the tail really explained the half of it. She was almost glad he didn't answer, meant he to was just looking out for himself, that he was vulnerable like her. Maybe he could end up a decent allie after all. It had been just her for so long to have some form of human company would be nice, but could she bring herself past her hate? Every evolution she saw she couldn't help but wonder if it had been them. Them that killed her father, them that tainted the name of evolution.

She silently accompanied him and waited while he got his seeds or whatever. What would he need seeds for anyway? He was probably thinking the same thing about the aspirin.

“I’m finish for today here, You got anything else to do?" He asked.

"Nope," She answered quickly, she was all to happy to head back to the forest and her small home.

She worked past her limp and began to skip, jog even back into the shelter of the woods. She would have kept going, gone right past the signs of intursion if it had not been for Dog. Wihtout a bark he tugged at her clothes, pulling her back. Sniffing at the ground he pawed at footprint, it belonged to neither her or Leon. Taking the dog's adivice she slowed down and was careful to blend into the bush.

"Something's not right," She warned Leon, "Stay out of sight and keep quite."

She shouldn't have helped him, for all she knew he could be the cause of this disturbance. Why was she trusting him anyway? Her head was beginning to feel better now that the aspirin had kicked in and she wondered if the headache had been clouding her judgement for her brief period with the stranger. At least her clear head meant one thing, she could fight with her powers if need be.

Following along the normal trail she would take to her home, she paused as Dog indictated to the ground where even more footprints were visible. Up ahead she could see why, her home, her makeshift little metal container of a home had been invaded. Men with guns, military men had found it. There would be no returning there. She turned back to Leon.

"That's where I lived," She whispered, "If you live in these woods too, they might have found your place also."

She wasn't so quick to team up just yet however, and with her tail wrapped around a branch behind her she could strike with it at any given moment.

Ic:

"Nope," Clementine answered quickly. Leon felt glad the girl didn’t have anywhere else to go. He wanted to get back hunting so he could capture more food. Leon and Clementine didn’t talk throughout the whole walk. He didn’t know where she was taking him but he followed anyway. Clementine looked a little cheerful then before. First, she started to skip then went into a jog. Leon knew she must have been coming to a place where she felt safe or relaxed and continue to follow. Oddly, she started to slow down as here dog tug on her clothes.

"Something's not right," Clementine warned Leon. "Stay out of sight and keep quite."

Leon quickly did as Clementine said as they both carefully bend into the bush.

From what Leon could see men with guns seemed to be checking a little metal container.

"That's where I lived," Clementine whispered. "If you live in these woods too, they might have found your place also."

“Dam” Leon thought.

Leon knew Clementine was right if they were in these woods, they would surely find his cabin.

“Don’t tell you were caught doing something illegal” said Leon. “Because if so their going to do a full search of this woods.”

“From how I see it we only have two choices.” “You could either stand and fight these solider on your own or I could help you find a place to hide.”

*Both Made by Ph3nom*

Itty Bitty Kitty of DOOM. Peeki's Avatar

IC: Sweet mother of sacred god. I couldn't see anything, it was pitch black. And Camael's whining antics did not help at all. What rainbow? Where the hell is this rainbow? I can't see! How the hell can I see the rainbow? Where is it? Where the hell is it?

"Camael!" I said, exhaustively, as my telekinetic grip has become naught, "BE! BE!" We were falling, it was almost as if everything felt like whipping my face as we descended almost instantly, "BE! BE! BE AN EAGLE. BE AN EAGLE!"

That was our only hope, if Camael was to become an eagle, perhaps... perhaps our only hope!

"I... love you... Cam-camael, be an eagle, and- and... make me prou-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

“Don’t tell you were caught doing something illegal” He siad, “Because if so their going to do a full search of this woods.”

"Me? You think I lead them here?" She hissed in retalitation, "Trust me, if they had caught me they would have gotten us back in town, not out here in the woods. This is part of their regular routine inspection, they just never used to come out this far before. Something, or perhaps someone has them spooked. Some damn evolutions just don't know how to keep quiet for the rest of our sakes."

“From how I see it we only have two choices,” He continued “You could either stand and fight these solider on your own or I could help you find a place to hide.”

Turning away from Leon she began to eye them once more around her home. They we're pulling out some of her things, but their was nothing that would identify her. Their wasn't anything of real value out there anyway, nothing she couldn't recreate if she had too.

"There's always a third option," She finally answered and digging though her fanny pack downed a couple more aspirin, "I plan on fighting and hiding."

She concentrated on the guns, and before her eyes all of them began to twist in shape, she could change the structure of the guns altogether, but it was far easier to just warp them. When she was done the guns were twisted in different ways much lke a pretzel, none of them able to shoot anymore. She smiled at her progress as the men looked around wildly for the source.

"Okay, now we can hide," She beamed rather proudly at her work, "But we better move fast, now they know we're here somewhere. Is there anything you need in your cabin? Becuase if they find anything to identify you with you're in trouble."

Ic:

"Me? You think I lead them here?" Clementine hissed in retaliation, "Trust me, if they had caught me they would have gotten us back in town, not out here in the woods. This is part of their regular routine inspection, they just never used to come out this far before. Something or perhaps someone has them spooked. Some damn evolutions just don't know how to keep quiet for the rest of our sakes."

“It doesn’t matter now,” replied Leon. “The only thing now is that we survive.”

Clementine turned away from Leon and started to look at the soldiers again. They were now dragging stuff out of her house.

"There's always a third option," Clementine finally answered and digging though her fanny pack downed a couple more aspirin, "I plan on fighting and hiding."

With that, Clementine had her attention on the soldiers. Focusing her powers she somehow bended the soldier’s guns. Leon knew this must been one of her powers but the fact that she used them now must been she was confident in her skills to fight.

"Okay, now we can hide," Clementine, said. "But we better move fast, now they know we're here somewhere. Is there anything you need in your cabin? Because if they find anything to identify you with you're in trouble."

Leon knew their wasn’t anything they could Identify him with but he could use some supplies while they hid out.

“Follow Me.”

Leon was sure to keep out of sight from the soldiers. He knew the forest well and quickly made it to his cabin, luckily, for him Soldiers hadn’t made it yet. Leon cabin was small and poorly made. The wood was slowly rotting away and it had penalty of rain damage. Beside it was a small crop field with mostly corn and Tomatoes.

“I’ll back,” said Leon while running into his cabin.

Leon quickly open which was old and stiff. Leon quickly grabs a small worn out leather backpack. Inside it, he placed a couple of flint stones, a piece of steel, a water canteen, and a small cooking pot. Walking back outside Leon pick from his crop field a few corn and tomato produce.

He headed back to where Clementine and Dog was.

“I have a few supplies for a couple days it should last awhile.”

*Both Made by Ph3nom*

“I have a few supplies for a couple days it should last awhile,” He said after a few minutes of rummaging around.

Clementine spared no hesitation in grabbing the bag from him. It was small, and it was filled with the unnecessary. SHe pulled out the flint, pot and virtually everything but the food.

"Forget the materials, I'll deal with those when we need them," She Said, handing him back the bag, "What you need to worry about is food. That's all that should go in here."

She began to push him towards the cabin for motivation. She looked at the soil around her, popped more aspirin and set to work. It looked almost as if a small whirl wind was forming, taking the dirt up with it before chunks began to fuse together and thin out, eventuallyt he pieces begin to fit together making a back pack of her own. Wasting no time she began to fill it with more food, Dog keeping an vigulant watch in the distance to alert them.

Ic:

Clementine quickly took the bag from Leon and pulled out everything important for cooking in the forest. The only thing that was left in the backpack was the food.

“Forget the materials, I'll deal with those when we need them," Clementine said, handing Leon back the bag, "What you need to worry about is food. That's all that should go in here."

“Hi just don’t get rid of everything important” replied Leon. “There come a time where using your powers will put more stain on you.”

Leon picks back up everything Clementine found useless. She might not like the idea but Leon was dead set on keeping these items.

“With the seeds I have my powers will allow me to speed up the plants growth so no worry about the food and with the soldiers hot on our tails I don’t have enough time to create a underground room.”

*Both Made by Ph3nom*

Clementine had to smile, although unsure of what his abilites were exactly they so far seemed to make a rather good pair. If he could make food and herself various materials they could survive quite awhile on their own. She quickly brushed her smile away however when Leon insisted on bringing the materials.

"If you wanna waste your time carrying that stuff then fine," She retorted just as Dog began to growl.

They we're coming, and Clementine began to run past the cabin as fast as she could with her limp. Dog followed behind, staying at rather slow pace as not to out run her. Now, to continue running or to try and hide? She hoped Leon was following behind, she never really gave him any kind of warning or sign.

Ic:

"If you wanna waste your time carrying that stuff then fine," Clementine retorted just as Dog began to growl.

Leon ignored what Clementine and was more focus to dog onto why it was growling.

Clementine started to run past the cabin and at a good speed too. The limp she had barely even slowed her down. Leon followed behind her keeping a sight distance between them.

“So where to next” asked Leon.

*Both Made by Ph3nom*

The watchers on the wall dragon_berry's Avatar

“The voices in this part aren’t much. But they have such a wonderful color.”

Futch opened his eyes and put his glass pendant back to his pocket and began to walk to the city. The silence was broken by some voices from the square. Futch came toward the crowd and saw a guy in the middle of the crowd.
    “That guy was a mutant I tell you! I saw him transform into a weird ox like creature!”

Hide himself into an alley, Futch taking out his pendant once again and began to intense his ears to hear the rest of the stories. But before he can reach his pendant, a heavy sound of footsteps attracted his attention. Quickly he ran toward the voice and found himself at a small harbor.

“Another evolved being eh?”
    --A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world--

Fallen_wings Global "Warming" Poke_Hunter Eon Spirit Trixie God

Silver_Espeon, Myuu, Shadow and The Editor

“So where to next” He asked.

It was a pointless question that she refused to answer. There wasn't anywhere else to go now, if they were patrolling the forests this deep then they were serious. They could try for the city again, stick to the shadows, stay in the alley ways. It was just as tricky. No, for now, her only plan was to run far and fast.

She had to slow down, her leg was killing her and she was quite certain that her wound would never scab over at this rate. She had to learn to take it easy. Pacing herself at a jog she continued on before coming to a complete and sudden Hault. Leon was so uprepared he almost ran right over her.

"Can't go any farther," She said backing away slowly,"This is as far deep in the woods as I dare go."

It was as far as anyone dared to go, there were so many tales of what lay beyond them, how deep they went. The invisible line was strong in her mind, she would sooner risk it with the city then any further in here. She turned around, this time walking as Dog began to bark. Had the men followed them? She didn't think they had even seen them, but once she caught a glimpse of movement in the trees she doubted that the company would be friendly. They were almost surrounded, it would appear that a fight was in order.

"Well, time to show me what you can do," She whispered to leon while she dropped the bag on the floor.

The key was to look confident, no matter how scared she was. As much as she wanted to scream, as weak and numb as her legs had become she stood trying to devise a plan of action.

Ic:

Clementine ignored Leon question and continue to run through the forest. Her limp must have finally gotten to her as she started to jog instead of run. Leon could tell Clementine was deep in thought so continue to follow her without a word. Within a few minutes, Clementine stopped in mid jog almost causing Leon to run into her.

“Why the sudden stop,” asked Leon.

"Can't go any farther," Clementine replied backing away slowly, "This is as far deep in the woods as I dare go."

Just like Clementine Leon noticed movement in the trees. Meaning they were in for a fight.

"Well, time to show me what you can do," Clementine, whispered to Leon while she dropped the bag on the floor.

With that, Leon took a weird fighting pose.

“I need you to jump into the air as high as you can,” asked Leon. Clementine looked confused at what Leon was about to do.

Taking a deep breathe Leon focus his energy throughout his body. Jumping into the air himself Leon brought his fist down onto the ground hitting it with force. The earth around them started to shake and shift wildly knocking down some of the trees.

“This should reveal our foe.”

OCC: That earthquake Leon performed is like the one that guy did from the movie Sky High.

*Both Made by Ph3nom*

By magnetism, Futch’s body floated in the air, stepping on a glass platter by his left feet and stepped down after the earthquake stopped. As far as he known his ability was meant for defend himself. Quickly withdraw his glass plate Futch watch to the center of the earthquake and found a green haired man and a pale girl beside him.

“You could have hit me if you do that!” replying without expression, Futch scattered a mirror sphere and turn the orb back into a pendant.

“Are you one of ‘my kinds’?” He added
    --A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world--

What was this turning into? Another evolution? She had no time for chat or small plesantries with him, the earthquake certainly did reveal who their pursuers were, but also showed their position now wide and open. Although she had taken some of their guns out of commission they appeared to have back ups with new supplies. Opening her bottle of aspirin once more she down another three pills, that was quite a bit more then hoped to use in one day. She was gonna be sick after this...

She was lucky that the earthquake had startled them becuase they probably would have shot them by now and bullets where faster then abilites. Again she began to manipulate the material of their weapons all at once, but she was getting strained and it was taking much longer. It appeared that they had more then just guns too, for as soon as she had warped them out of distortion someone had fired something else at her. It took her a minute to realize what it was when she pulled out the dart, what where they tranquilizing her? The affects where immediate as she began to loose focus and drift to sleep, fighting to stay awake.

Turning the soil beneath him into glasses, Futch raised the glasses under him, creating a mirror wall between him and the ship. The bullet hit the fragile looking wall and stopped when came in contact with the barricade leaving serious cracks all over the barrier without tearing it into pieces.

“Why are you shooting them? It’s dangerous to showered peoples with bullets like that.” He asked in a plain expression, still mending the fence’s crack.
    “Shouldn’t you stopped by now? You shot one of them, successfully. Isn’t that your goal? Please, answer the question?” He continued bombarding them with answerless question.
    “If you won’t answer or talk so you don’t have a reason to stay here am I right?”

Shooting some magnetic arrow toward the ship dock, Futch watch emptily as his eyes turned to black, sending an invisible force from the cracked wall pushed the ship back into the ocean and let the gigantic barrier scatter into pieces.

Ic:

Leon looked to Clementine to see she had been tranquilize. He could tell the affects were taking their toll on her as she struggle to stay awake.

“Dam it,” said Leon to himself. “With out Clementine this battle is going to be difficult to win.”

Leon knew what he had to do. Grabbing Clementine Leon created two earth made walls that stretched until they got past the fallen trees. Bullets provided useless for the soldiers as none made it through the earth made wall Clementine and Leon. Holding Clementine Leon fled into the cover of the forest again. The soldiers quickly realize Leon plan following swiftly behind.

Only one problem remain where would they go.

*Both Made by Ph3nom*

The new star of the RPG world!

Expect me to post on the 2nd or 3rd - In the meantime, I have my third character profile here.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Name: Diana Novgenia (An actual surname was never adopted.)

Alias: Count Novgenia (Primary), Shadow’s Dagger, Dark Huntress

Appearance: Diana Novgenia carries obvious signs of genetic engineering. A lithe, muscular frame, a large chest from her expanded lungs and heart, long, triple jointed fingers, eerie violet eyes and metallic silver hair all betray her unnatural origin. Her normal features serve only to enhance these anomalies - Long limbs, smooth, deceptively young looking oval/heart face, large ears, thick eyebrows, and above all, the constantly cunning, near wild, yet calculating eyes... Even with her dark, modest dressing and medium length straight hair concealing her ears and neck, it is clear that something is off, strange, different about her....

Personality:
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze too long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Diana is the type of person who is very benevolent by her nature, but is forced to harden, to become crueler and darker, in order to ensure the survival of herself and those she cares for. It’s in her nature to be loving, compassionate, friendly and selfless, to be very light, playful and joyful, to constantly show warmth and help anyone in need. Yet this has been perverted, warped, corrupted by the world around her....

Is Diana evil? It’s hard to say, really. I guess you can say that her “true” personality, if there is such a thing, is good by it’s nature, but... There is that undeniable corruption about Diana, that sense of callousness, frigidity, savagery that was dormant, sleeping inside her until the traumas of genocide unlocked the hidden evil always sleeping inside, but sealed before... I guess you can call her split, not neutral, but both very much benign and malignant, a woman in constant conflict with herself between the demands of morality and survival. Diana can kill a person without hesitation or mercy, destroy a building or lead clearly evil missions without remorse, yet feel sincere empathy and compassion for someone, nurture and support those she cares about, or save an innocent from otherwise certain destruction.

Diana is not a social person by nature, nor one who enjoys interacting with the outside world or concerning herself with the affairs of those around her. She prefers to turn inside herself, both as a method of understanding and a form of escapism, enjoying her own internal world over the constant chaos and ignorance around her. Sure, she will deal with this hostile place when necessary - she would have been dead a long time ago if she ignored the world around her - and communicate with her pack to ensure their prosperity, but she would really prefer to quietly contemplate the world around and inside her and walk her own path whenever possible. Her internalized philosophy and heritage gives her several vital advantages for survival - strong intuition, excellent focus, high willpower, calm calculation, independence, self-reliance and supreme confidence are all boons she possesses in the constant fight for her life.

I guess you can say that Diana is filled with contradictions, polarities, conflicting traits - you would be right. Not to the extent of having multiple personality disorder, but the schism is definitely there. She is known for being very versatile and adaptable, yet simultaneously indecisive and confused, constantly mysterious and unpredictable. Useful when trying to survive, not so good when attempting to maintain a degree of personal integrity. Great for such a chaotic and unpredictable world, but harmful when seeking order in yourself.... It’s because of this and her powers that she has learned to pinch down on her own thoughts and emotions, to keep herself in complete control at all times.

Basically, a half-corrupted person split between the demands of morality and survival.

History:
    Neither enemy faces, nor the mothers that love them, come to mind when one is thinking of nothing but endeavoring to survive. Philosophizing about war is useless under fire.
    Diana was not a natural mutant. She did not gain her abilities from normal birth. No, she was one of many thousands of children bred out of a project of everyone’s best dreams - or their worst nightmares. She was born under a parallel of Russia’s Angara Program, a top secret laboratory inside the United States’s Rockies. She was a child of the Novgenia Section, one of ten mutant groups bred for worldwide infiltration and, ultimately, subtle control of the world....

How did the USA obtain the knowledge needed to create a new race? It’s quite ironic, really - Through the exact same means that their archenemy, the Soviets, used to create their mutants. Nazi scientists, under Project Paperclip, imported to the USA after World War II, spared their lives for scientific knowledge. They did not work on solely mere rocketry, medicine, aeronautics and electronics - While important, a far greater, world-shaking alternative was looked into. You guessed it, genetic engineering, born out of Hitler’s desire for a superrace. Let’s just say that the U.S. government was all too willing to embrace a technology that could literally make all their dreams come true.

And so, with the promise of extraordinary power, billions of dollars and many top scientists were rerouted to Project Goliath, their goal literal and figurative giants among men, their desire power, their resources virtually limitless and desire infinite. It took twenty years, two decades of perfecting their understanding of human genetics and establishing the infrastructure and plans needed, but results began to show...

As you well know, superchildren began to be born. First one, then two, then ten and twenty and a hundred... First flawed, then gradually refined and finally perfected... Then, in their climax, their golden times, Diana came into this world.

As with other children of the Novgenia Section, Diana showed the confident, internalized, focused personality that would leave their marks forever on their kind. Her mutation was apparent quickly in her strong practical intelligence (She would still suck at the more theoretical stuff though - That part was left to the Scigenia Section), extraordinary physical ability and, of course, her powers.

As with others of her kind, she was placed into training in places that required a down-to-earth intellect, calculating nature, calm focus and autonomy - In this case, Diana was placed into military training early, destined to become part of the highest elites among soldiers, and eventually this would be combined with espionage training to produce the ultimate warrior...

Well, that was their intention anyway. Diana and many others, part of America’s supersoldier program. As you would probably guess, training and eventually battling or spying was her life for her childhood and teenage years. Excuse the abridging of this part of her history, for I want to get to the good stuff and details on this would probably bore you anyway. :p

To make it short, she was awesome in her fields, the experiments continued to go on, she fully developed her personality in those 21 years and rapidly rose through their ranks. But, of course, she had to come to Sky Line somehow - That was about the time that the U.S. found out about a strange new continent....

To make matters short, Diana and about 2,000 other mutants of varying ages were sent to Sky Line to colonize the place and flag the area for future expansion. The children and teens were quickly adopted through American funded orphanages, the adults found their own homes, and they all unknowingly began their plan to create a nation of supermen.

Diana, of course, was placed as a mole inside the Sky Line government, a spy serving the mutant cause, constantly watching for and reporting dangers to her kind, always ready to act in their best interest, whatever it was a missing file, a persuaded person, disappearing of vital resources or an assassination. She stayed there for five years, constantly protecting the mutants, burrowing deeper into the very government itself... Then there were whispers of a purge. She, of course, passed it on to her fellow mutants. She did everything she could, but obviously this government was expecting some form of infiltration, and it proved, ultimately, futile and insufficient. The genocide happened anyway.

Diana, of course, was able to use her skills to remain hidden for a few months, even as the mutants she tried to hide were killed before her very eyes. Her system fell as the entire surviving part of her group went into hiding, and she was left very much alone... Then, of course, she was discovered one day, and the hunters showed up at her door.

They were, of course, no match for her. She dispatched them, went on the run, did everything she could to survive for a few months. And then, out of the blue, her greatly ally, her - though she would never admit it - savior came and took her in and changed her life forever....

Yes, Shiva just suddenly appeared one day, after tracking her down physically for a couple of weeks (For The Architect’s clairvoyance was ineffective on her and he wanted her to see him in person). Approaching her in the ravaged neighborhood (Where Shiva first appeared and Diana chose for hiding), she was offered a second chance at life and an opportunity for vengeance. She, of course, accepted, and sealed the pact that would ultimately cause her to rise to her full power.

She, even as a new recruit into the cult, displayed extraordinary potential among the new members. Easily respected (Though untouchable and always feared), highly competent, and with a wealth of information on their mutual enemies, Diana quickly gained notice throughout Hades. She became one of the twelve Hydra’s Heads (Hades’s leaders over the groups) just 11 months after joining.

Cunning and ruthless, thirsty for revenge and seeking to protect her kind, Diana immediately lead a series of counterstrikes against the very government that killed and drew away all her friends. Patrols were ambushed, caches robbed, buildings sabotaged, plans foiled, individuals slain. The regime was thrown into chaos as Diana’s group ravaged their infrastructure and tore apart their servants. Her group was Shiva’s outward aggressive arm, the section that excelled at directly damaging and sabotaging their opponents.

She continued to grow, continued her vendetta, and with the other 11 arms, she and her group kept battling the tyrants, slaying and sabotaging to ensure a bright future for their kind. For Diana did not destroy and kill for pleasure or selfish gain, but merely for survival of mutantkind as a whole. Her group, one of the most destructive and ruthless when it came to the regime, was also among the most altruistic in their care for other mutants and innocent humans, known for an unusual degree of mercy that they would express whenever possible. It was they who abducted citizens (To place them in safe places before an attack), perfected precision technology and tactics, started charities for mutants and scouted out the best places and routes for a peaceful exodus.

And now, present day. Under Shiva’s gaze (And with some help from The Architect), Diana has drawn up extensive plans for the Mutant Exodus, contacted other mutants to handle the logistical leadership required for such an operation, has her spies distracting Shiva and the government, and is now ready to start the evacuation. She can only hope that everything works out well for her kind....

Other: Great in a wide variety of martial arts, military training in weaponry, espionage, sabotage, and assassination, ex-Special Forces. Diana is unique among mutants in that she relies on her expertise, technology and powers equally. Because of her genetic background and military training, her strength, agility and endurance are all very high. She may not have extraordinary intelligence, spectacular destructive ability, great amounts of resources or natural leadership ability - No, Diana’s greatest strength is her balance of traits, flexibility, adaptability and resilience. She is strong in many areas, but outstanding in very few. Her sleep patterns are nocturnal, sleeping from, on average, between 9 AM and 3 PM.

Evolution Profile:
    Overall Theme: Her abilities revolve around negating, absorbing and rebounding others’ abilities, weapons and powers. Her powers are considered psionic, based on psychic powers in film and literature, and therefore have the common characteristics associated with psychic abilities: They can be used by pure will (No physical movement required), need mental focus to use, can affect supernatural entities, bypass physical defenses, and, when used directly on an opponent, can be resisted or even negated by an exceptionally strong minded person.

Progressive Traits:
    Vampirism - Diana’s first ability, her signature technique and most practiced power. An altered form of psychic vampirism, Diana can use this power to literally feed off someone like a parasite, draining her targets to enhance herself. Against a mutant, their powers are gradually leeched out of them for a temporary period. Against a human, or a mutant who’s powers she depleted through this ability, she drains their life force, which can be lethal if exposed long enough. This ability can take effect through touch (This can bypass physical defenses like armor, though it’s power would be somewhat diminished) or by exposure to her aura. (Less effective, but can be retracted to 1cm or expanded up to 10 feet and hit multiple subjects) However, Diana cannot control it completely, meaning that anyone touched or caught in it’s radius is affected.

Damper Field - Diana’s disrupting abilities are not limited to a gradual parasitism. An alteration of her vampiric skill, this ability manifests itself in a constant disruptive aura, a field that suppresses the traits and skills of everyone within it’s radius. Similar to the vampiric aura, it can be retracted to 1cm or expanded up to 50 feet, but instead of draining powers from a mutant, their traits, both positive and negative, are disabled within the field. With humans, it disrupts their minds, causing disorientation and slowness in their brains.

Sense Mutation - An extension of her powerful intuition. Diana has a sixth sense that gives her the ability to find any mutant and obtain detailed information on their evolutionary traits. She can track any mutant as long as she knows either their name, appearance or their abilities. This does not give information on the mutant’s surroundings or mental state, just it’s location. If Diana has seen the place before, she can know the place. If not, it’s just a point in the direction, like a compass. The information on the traits includes progressive, degressive and neutralizer, and will sense bodily changes caused by mutation, but does not reveal anything else about the person.

Mirror Barrier - A form of defensive psychokinesis and intuition. This ability, when activated, causes any attacking object that comes within 5 feet of Diana to be rebounded towards it’s source. While the protection can handle a potentially infinite amount of matter and energy and is unbreakable, this also works against her - she cannot attack while within this barrier. If an opponent is in the globe when activated, he is pushed out of the sphere. The sphere has an indistinct shape when in darkness, but in light it acts like a prism from the reflected and refracted radiation coming off of it.

Assimilate Ability - The skill that makes Diana so adaptable and extremely dangerous to virtually any opponent. This ability, put simply, allows her to temporarily borrow others’ strengths. A combination of self-hypnosis and rapid DNA and cell manipulation, Diana can use this skill to copy progressive traits from a mutant or skills from a human. Once copied, it remains while within 20 feet of the person or for 10 minutes (She can select which limit to impose on herself), or she replaces it with another ability. The ability cannot be copied again for one hour after it expires and requires previous knowledge of it before being assimilated.

Degressive Traits:
    Vampivore - Diana is unwillingly parasitic, not only in battle, but in her normal life as well. The prolonged use of her vampiric ability has caused her physical structure to change, causing many of her organs to require life force or powers drained from other mutants and humans to survive. The need for this type of nourishment is in addition to her normal physical food, water and oxygen requirements.

Social Anxiety - Diana’s fear of inadvertently harming innocent people, the isolation that followed and the always solo missions she undertook have steadily created this problem over the years. A combination of psychic self-directed mind control and natural conversion disorder, her sense of fear and isolation whenever she encounters a non-enemy (For she wouldn’t fear harming someone threatening her and fighting is a way to release her frustrations) manifests itself in physical form, stifling her powers. Her progressive abilities become slightly less effective with each non-enemy she is in close proximity to. (Effects from multiple people are cumulative)

Immunity to Beneficial Mutation - Diana’s Damper Field is a double-edged sword. While it protects her from malevolent mutants to a great degree, it also stops certain attempts to help her with their powers. For example, no one would be able to speak telepathically to her, create a force field within the Field’s radius, heal by touch, or maintain objects that rely on a mutation to survive in the area of effect.

Assimilative Displacement - Diana’s Assimilation ability, while powerful, is limited in it’s copying potential. Every progressive trait and human skill copied after the first requires one beneficial ability to be disabled until Diana either wears out the ability naturally or voluntarily cancels it’s effect. No more then five skills and/or abilities can be assimilated at once. When copying more then two abilities, the original third is disabled for twenty minutes after it’s overwriting ability wears out, the fourth forty minutes and the fifth one hour. Diana can choose the ability to be disabled if needed.

Neutralizer:
    Mental Discord - Diana’s abilities require a great degree of mental focus to be used effectively. Her abilities rely on having a calm, focused mind, on staying composed and in total control over herself. Because of this, if she should lose control of herself, if she loses focus or becomes confused, her powers can become weakened or inaccessible, the loss of power in proportion to the degree of mental discord. This internal conflict can have many origins - herself, other people, her environment or bad memories are some of the many potential sources of disruption.
    People admire and respect their superiors, are repulsed and disgusted by their inferiors, and connect to their equals.

The extreme highs and lows in life get a strong reaction - Yet it the averages in life that most people connect to.

The class system is nothing more then different groups of people grouping with their fellow equals and feeling the sense of separation from their superiors and inferiors.

The new star of the RPG world!

My apologies for the slight lateness of this post - there was a severe thunderstorm yesterday with tornadoes, the power was running erratically for a few hours, and I fell asleep afterwards, so it came a little later then I expected. I still got the introduction for my characters below. I'll get the individual posts for each up ASAP, hopefully in a few days.

*Btw, Peeki, I live in the GMT -5:00 zone, so about you asking if it was August 5th, it still was the 4th in my area, and I was basing my statements on that time period. Sorry I forgot to mention that! Oh, I reply to any other questions most likely in a few days. I was focused on this (When not doing other things, of course) so that I could get it up sooner. Sorry for the delay!

-------------------------

*Since this is spoken though third person, but Shiva is the most presented character here, I have the introduction written in his color.

A plane of the mind.

A place artificial and impermanent, forged by pure will.

A white expanse expanding infinitely across an unwritten world, completely devoid of sensation.

Just a small, dark brown, single floored and double roomed square wooden house floating in endless space.

A meeting place for many great minds, a think tank and a center of strategy for the most destructive cult on Earth.

Inside it’s barely lit, windowless chamber of a room, the dark crimson drapes hanging over every wall, the black rug carpets extending across the floor, the ominously burning fireplace placed opposite of the door, and the candled black metal chandelier hanging over the table, the eighteen people silently placed on cushioned wood chairs, silently anticipating the last words, the final plans and knowledge that will bring about the end of this meeting and the creation of a new world....

A smoothly flowing, icy voice suddenly penetrated the room, it’s origin a bulky, white haired man.

“Well, well....” Shiva’s coldly amused face slowly probed the crowd, set in a slight twisted smile, it’s dead eyes piercing each in turn for signs of weakness and betrayal. “It pleases me greatly to see the continued enthusiasm that my fellow mutants share for our common cause. It pleases me to know that our wrath...” Shiva’s smile widened with frigid delight, or as least as close as he can get to feeling such an emotion - “has finally reaped us our just rewards.”

The group remained silent, sensing a further passage of Shiva’s and not daring to provoke said wrath.

“This structure of a government, it’s countless idiots of a foolish bureaucracy, they have fallen into disarray. Our continued attacks and superior strategy have crippled this monster, brought it to it’s knees...”

His head rose by a centimeter, his shark eyes radiating that clear feeling of triumph, that sense of total dominance and victory when an overconfident predator has cornered it’s prey. “Now, before we can live in... peace, we must deliver the deathblow to our oppressors. We must make the final strike and secure our rightful destiny.” His eyes gazed slowly on each of the other seventeen as he continued his speech. “You have been called here to bring mutantkind into a new age, an age where we shall rule... forever. You have a special mission of ultimate privilege and honor.”

Each of the twelve silently nodded in assent, recalling the missions that have been presented to bring about this glorious beginning.

“Now is the time to make our move. Now is the time to seize our rightful role and rule our world.” Shiva’s voice ended in abrupt silence for a few seconds, his face one of thoughtful anticipation as the group awaited what they know would be his next line... “You may be wondering what grand mission you will call your own, your last, greatest work that will forever leave a mark on you, your kind, your prison of a city.”

Shiva let this sentence dangle, turning silent, his face impassive as the group slowly began their individual murmurs and silent questions.

It was suddenly cut short.

“Hermes, come forth.” Shiva rose up and, with a silent wave of his right arm, gestured to the now open door leading to the second room in this chamber. A long, lanky black haired man with a scarred right cheek and smoothly flowing black robes rose up from the table and promptly vanishes from sight...

The group, as soon as Shiva was gone, broke out in conversation, wondering about their missions, curious about their leader’s plans, and just plain wanting to converse with their friends. Hermes returned with a proud look on his face, Shadowblade rose up to receive his mission, and this continued on for nine more commanders, until...

“Countess Novgenia, come forth.”

The last and greatest of his leaders. The most ardent and cunning of his commanders. Diana quickly, silently rose up from her chair, her violet eyes set in quiet feral rage, her posture coldly rigid, her face emotionless and stony, and quickly walked into the room...

The first voice to sound with her entrance was the cold, oily, silently amused voice of Shiva. “It is always good to see you here, Countess Novgenia.”

Diana gazed directly into Shiva’s dead eyes without the slightest sign of fear. What did she have to lose, outside of what her master was already safeguarding anyway? Her eyes flashed in a form of cool calculation before responding a second later. “As it is to speak to you again. And to you as well...” She said calmly, repeating the same slight bow of her head to Ivan’s lanky form.

“Of course, I would request that we get to the mission at hand...”

Shiva’s mouth gave the slightest curve in a glacial smile of amusement. “Right to the point, I see. I’ll keep this simple - you are to start the exodus no more then seven days from this point. Gather all of our race together and lead them into the great unknown. All of Hades’s telepaths and teleporters will be at your disposal under my personal command and in constant contact with you. The Architect” - Shiva made a quiet gesture to the man sitting beside him - “will be there if you need further information about anything relating to your mission. I assume that you have made your plans already?”

Diana remained calm, even in the face of his subtle pressure. “Naturally.” Her face remained emotionless, recalling both the overt and secret plans she has made over the past few months. “My group and I are as ready as can be, Shiva.”

“Then there is nothing more to say. You are dismissed.”

“Understood.” And she swiftly left the door.

A few minutes later, among much talking and ranting, both John and Ivan calmly walked out of the room to the suddenly silent group.

“This meeting is concluded. Return to your bases and make your new world.” The microworld suddenly vaporized right before everyone’s eyes, the mass telepathic projection vanishing into thin air as everyone inside returns to reality....

“Do you plan on going outside anytime soon, Shiva?”

“Yes. The world is shifting again. I sense that the government is getting desperate, that they’re getting close to knowing about our structure and plans, that they may try a sudden, rash attack and throw us off. They are getting hints of our emigration from this city, and wish to purge mutantkind before we can reach our safe havens. I suspect that they may have a spy in Hades itself and that they may anticipate our plans for their total annihilation.”

“Hence the splitting of Hades into twelve groups and the information blackout on the others’ activities. Should a spy be in one, they will not betray the others. They could cut off a head - so what? We will grow another in it’s place.”

“I know about the Hydra analogy - it was what you built our group on.”

“Anyway, my powers have served you well in the past, right? Have I not found those seven other spies before and predicted countless foolish actions that your opponents would have attempted on you?”

“You have. My senses just tell me that something is off, that there’s a great danger to the group.”

“Don’t let that stop you. Do what you need to. I’ll keep Hades safe here.”

“Excellent. You keep watch. I will go out to find other potential tools and destroy anyone who threatens my future.”

The Architect turned around, taking an elevator down to a laboratory, while Shiva coolly walked out from a secret tunnel to the edge of one of Sky Line’s rivers, the entrance concealed by a perfectly blending in trap door, trees and the bridge above.

He knew he needed to understand the sudden shift in events here. Something grand is happening, something greater then the exodus and the final plans of destruction he has for the humans. His senses were coming alive, alive with the sense of danger from a currently unknown source.

The first step was to investigate his own mutant population, to find more potential tools and any hidden threats. Maybe they would shed some light on his situation.

Diana knew what she had to do.

She had to lead the mutants to safety and prosperity.

Just as Shiva ordered - to a degree.

She sought no empire. She never desired to rule, or even to lead.

Just to live her own life. But it seemed that, with the need to stop Shiva from carrying out his plans, her options became limited.

She would do what made her uncomfortable, what she never wanted to do, to save others from her master.

The silver haired woman stepped into an underwater dock, entered a submarine equipped with a primitive cloaking device, silently moved up to an abandoned beach about half a kilometer outside of town and immediately beckoned it back home.

No one saw her nor the submarine. This was all the better for the plan she had in mind. At least on a subconscious level, beyond detection of Shiva’s intuition.

She just felt a strange compulsion to meet some of these people. Shiva’s command made this all the better, for she would not be doing anything suspicious to him, but in reality would be finding potential resistance... Yet consciously, she just followed her master’s orders.

She knew where she wanted to go first.

People admire and respect their superiors, are repulsed and disgusted by their inferiors, and connect to their equals.

The extreme highs and lows in life get a strong reaction - Yet it the averages in life that most people connect to.

The class system is nothing more then different groups of people grouping with their fellow equals and feeling the sense of separation from their superiors and inferiors.

(eh my first post got buried by signups but I'll try and get back in the game)

Captain Plutonium saw only once chance to survive the blast, he turned to another of the large fences and blasted it open, diving through even as the Ether began to melt away the last edges of the whole. Behind him the fragmentation grenade exploded, lighting up the dark alleyway. It was almost precisely then that he realized exactly what the fences were for. The Urbanplex was many stories high and this was not the bottom, he had leapt into a sort of shaft that plummeted down into a glowing green ooze below. With no purchase beneath him, and already moving by his own volition, the Captain began to fall.

He plummeted down some distance, but was watching his surroundings. There were large openings all around, each about ten meters lower than the next. It gave him and idea, chance, a slim hope.

The Captain grasped his Etheric Oscilator in both hands and fired at the wall opposite him. The blast connected with concrete and propelled him backwards. It had taken some daring and some doing but he had time it just right. He was propelled through one of the openings and landed on his back with a splash in a slowly trickling stream of...something. Undaunted, the man rose to his feet and looked about. He was in a large tunnel. It looked like it was made to deposit sewage or some other waste product from various parts of the city, into the bubbling broth below. That could make some deadly combination, a likely spawning grounds for horrible mutant creatures. He'd have to take the whole system down at some point. Not now though, he needed to get those wires back to his workshop. And so he strode down the tunnels, eventually emerging back on the streets of the city.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

OOC: Yeah, It's active again! I was afraid me Hero, and DB were posting in vain. (Thanks Dash, I see we mean NOTHING to you. Just kidding, glad you're back. Let's get something going now shall we?)

IC:Clementine awoke rather dazed but quite suddenly. She took in deep breaths, as if she hadn't been asleep at all. She moved so startled that Leon dropped her, she was felt somewhat surprised that he had been carrying her. Why not leave her? It made her angry, evolutions weren't supposed to be like that. She hated them, and her hate for them was such a part of her she did not want to relinquish it for one unselfish act such as that. And yet, she had already thrown in her alligence with him. Desperation, it was all for desperation...

"I think you've succeded in loosing them for a minute," She said realizing now that she still clutched the dart in her hand; she looked at it a moment before dropping it in the dirt, "What on earth was in this stuff? It wasn't much of a tranquilizer, I don't think I was out more then a couple of minutes."

She dusted herself off, rose to her feet but Dog had already started growling. If they had lost their trail they were back on it now.

"Hide," Leon motioned and she could do no more then agree, they were in no conditon to run through the forest all night.

She didn't know the extent of his powers, but she was beginning to reach her limits and that would make battle difficult. He seemed to have some ability to control earth, she wondered if soon after this he'd be ready to spill some of his secrets; but then again she wasn't exactly ready to spill hers.

All of these thoughts clouded her mind while she thought of a place to hide. Taking the dirt around them, she spun and twisted it down to it's molecular core. She warped into a sort of metal, making a small hole for the three of them to crawl into. They fit rather snuggly, and she covered the entrance leaving only a small unseeable peep hole to watch them go by. Dog was ready to bark when they came, but she gently put her hands around his muzzle to silence him.

It was strange to be so close to them, see their faces. She could imagine that most of them had familys just like she once had. How many of them would they have killed to survive? How does one justify who is the good guy and who is the bad guy? At least if it was her that hadn't made it, no one would be left to mourn her. These men, well, proably had 12 year old daughters at home waiting for their triumphant return. All they probably wanted was for their children to be safe... that's all any father wanted.

Their very sudden stop worried her, she was hoping they would continue on by. It could really only mean that they knew that the trail ended and that they were now hiding around. She expected them to follow an invisible trail right to their hiding spot, but instead they picked up the dart of the ground, pocketed it, labeled it and walked off. What a curious thing...

She made no motion to leave just yet. She wanted to be good and sure that they were gone. She still wanted to live, even if living like this brought her many doubts about what she was doing with her life. After about 20 minutes she finally pushed the entrance way open, Leon climbing out first and she noticed something on his backpack. It was a tranquilizer dart, just like the one they had used on her only it hadn't pierced his skin. She took it off the bag and looked at it with more intent then the one she had pulled out of herself. It hadn't relinquished the sleeping drugs inside it, she could see the fluid quite clearly in a glass chamber visible on the side. What was even more curious was the empty chamber beside it, what on earth could that be for?

"Dog come here," She whistled, stroking him before jabbing the dart into him.

She felt no guilt for it, after all it had not been lethal to her. She watched as the fluids seeped into him, Dog very lazily collapsed in her arms, sound asleep and heart still beating. But the dart hadn't finish it's job, it also appeared to be taking blood in the second chamber.

"Leon, come here," She said showing him the dart, "I think, I think they're trying to track the evolutions. Gather dna maybe, you know to find our weaknesses? My dad said they were working on some new technology to fight them off but he was very vage. Didn't know much about it. I guess, I just never thought it would be ready so soon. I mean our Dna holds everything about us, maybe even the secrets to our abilites."

Gathering Evolution Dna made sense. After all, they killed hundreds of them easily, but she could only assume that the few of them left posed a big enough challange that they had to find another way then just guns and ammo. After all, she had already proved that she could easily take care of guns. To study them, they needed their blood, samples, anything that could show. All it took was a few cells really, and now they had hers. They knew what she looked like, and now they could test to find her weakness.

OOC: So funky tranq darts to random? Can you even find out about evolutions through blood and what not? I'll edit this out if it makes no sense. It sounded a little far'fetched to me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast