Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sky Line City

The Captain was back on the streets of the city. Unfortunately he was also partially covered in noxious smelling good from the tunnels. That would not do. A Hero has to look good. And so he adjusted the dial on the Etheric Oscillator, turned the device on himself and pulled the trigger.

The blast was disconcerting, it usually was, but with the settings adjusted it didn't do more than destroy the filth on his clothing and dry it. In moments he once again looked like a shining hero from the cover of a pulp novel. Now he could get back in the game.

Captain Plutonium went down the winding streets for nearly an hour, at last coming to the dark alleyway with a single door along one wall. A blinking neon sign provided a bit of illumination. It read "El__troni_s Repa__" He operated the keypad on the door, inputing the extensive numeric code. It had taken him a while to memorize a twenty three digit code but the security was worth it.

THe captain stepped inside his workshop, flipping on a switch. Florescent lighting hummed to life, bathing the room in white light. It was littered with all manner of mechanical gadetry, pieces of scrap metal, wires, tubes, fuses and more. Along one wall a rack held a variety of tools, many having only a single very limited purpose. Right now though, Plutonium was concerned with only one thing. The device which sat on the main worktable. He quickly took out the recovered electron pulse cables. It was a simple operation to hook them up to the device. He turned a dial and watched it hum to life. Sucess! Well theoretically, it hadn't been tested yet. If it worked however the REM Mind Sequence Translation Viewscreen would allow the world to see the dreams of sleeping people, transfered into visual interpretation. It could do wonders to understanding the human mind! If the theory was sound enough he could then start work on the REM Mind Sequence Transference and Exploration device. Then a person could actually enter the dreams of another, at least their mind could. He hadn't worked out a way for the physical body to enter the mind. Unless some sort of molecular shrinking was involved, but that still wouldn't work out the way he would want. No the MSTE device would work just fine... if the theories were sound enough.

"Eureka! If this works I'm even closer to banishing Nightmares forever!"

The Captain turned the device off, took a bit of water from the fridge, sipped, replaced, and then headed off into the evening. There would be time for experimentation later. Now to hunt for evildoers or people in distress!
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

The watchers on the wall dragon_berry's Avatar

Why should they run away? Is it me? Are they staying away from me? Perhaps I’m not interesting for them so they run off.

Without moving a finger, he lifted some glass walls and put a roof on it, shaping it as a tent. Futch stay in his place and sat in the sandy shore listening to the waves and the birds above. Feeling the wind in his face and putting his finger on a sand hill beside him.

What should I do? What can I do? Running away from people, chasing ‘my kind’ without a clue? There’s no reason to live or to death. All I do is enjoy the present without fearing the past or the future.
    --A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world--

Fallen_wings Global "Warming" Poke_Hunter Eon Spirit Trixie God

Silver_Espeon, Myuu, Shadow and The Editor

Sadly it seemed there were no attrocities to right. At least not right away. The Captain traveled through the dark backstreets of the massive ghetto district. You would think there would be more CRIME. Mostly people just hid in whatever squalor type shelter they could find. Maybe all the crime was in the rich neigborhoods? That couldn't be possible. If only this place had more banks and research facilities. Surely some sort of evil would attack there. He could always blow up one of the Imperial Guards Barracks. Then again, that would serve the Greater Good, but wouldn't be particuarly heroic. And Captain Plutonium was nothing if not a hero!

He wandered for some time. After a bit, the ghetto district gave way to a more spartan but cleaner commercial area. There was a sprawling mall ahead, as well as a few (Gasp) banks, a grocer of some type. Surely if there was crime to battle and justice to bring, it would happen here. The captain undid the button on the holster of his Oscillator. He may need it soon. Captain Plutonium, Hero to One and All was on the prowl.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Closing his eyes again Futch depend in his ears for the millionth times. The enjoyment he felt, the beach, the breeze and the crashing waves were hard enough for him to overlook. But the other sounds he heard were harder to ignore. In a count of seconds, Futch began to fill his head with the noises of peoples speaking in the streets, stores and other places.

I can hear the typing sound from the bank was stopped as a loud explosion blasted through the wall. Humans! They made the wall by themselves, why should they destroy it just to get some painted papers? Anyone can make those things.

Futch stood from his place and turn his tent back into a small sphere and levitated through the ally.

I wasn’t interfering. I’m just a curios boy who has nothing to do at the time.
    --A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world--

Captain Plutonium watched the explosion. A smile started to creep across his lips. Finally time for some action. He dashed toward the building but threw himself against a wall to see what he was up against before they spotted him.

There were six men and women exiting the hole in the wall of the bank. Three of them carried dangerous looking automatic weapons, while another two heaved large sacks, likely full of cash, but perhaps some other sort of valuables were included. The captain didn't want to waste the time to switch his goggles to x-ray vision to do a complete inventory of the loot. The bank could do that after he stopped them. It was the last member of the gang that gave him pause. The man was massive, probably weighing in a nearly a thousand pounds and the top of his domed head was likely nine feet. He was round, obese, but with traces of well toned muscle in his huge arms. The legs were little more than stubs with feet though. It was his torso and head that gave him most of his bulk. They were almost one it seemed, he had no real neck so it was difficult to ascertain where the body stopped and the head began. Even more curious because most of his chest was taken up by his huge cavernous maw. From deep within the man's mouth came a dull glow. It was almost as if he were a volcanic cavern rather than a man. Now the Captain could notice that the walls were not just blow away, it appears that they were melted. He was one of the Deviants and could definately pose a challenge. He had been waiting weeks for this.

First thing was to stop them from getting into their escape vehicle. A distraction would definately be needed. He reached down to his belt and withdrew a small pellet. He depressed a button, counting silently as (1...) he stepped around the corner into the street. Then he (...2...) pulled back his arm and (...3!) flung the pellet towards the gang. He quickly shielded his eyes as the device impacted and produced a blinding flash of light. Sure it was disorient some passersby too but it would give him a chance to get the next phase in the take down in order.

Plutonium crouched down by the wall and flipped open a panel on his glove. He hoped he could get proper reception. It took a moment for him to find the frequency their getaway machine utilized and by then two complications had arisen. The first... the bank robbers were opening fire wildly, and secondly, but more importantly, sirens could be heard in the distance. He'd have to act quick. A few quick button mashes and the van drove itself off, crashing harmlessly into a wall a few dozen meters away. That would prevent them a conventional escape. Now for the fun stuff. Drawing the Etheric Oscillator, the Captain stepped into street again. He blasted two of the gun wielders with quick stunning shots. They might recover before he was finished, but taking them out of the fight for now was imperative if he was to battle the Deviant.

The gang looked toward the Captain almost as one. One of the normal's, a woman with an uzi scowled beneath the black bandana she wore over her mouth.

"Who the Hell are you?!"

He flashed a dazzling smile, "Captain Plutonium, perhaps you've heard of me!" Blam! another burst of Etheric concussive force sent the woman sprawling. The Deviant stepped forward, not for the challenging part.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Can people still join?

OOC: Perhaps. Xion never said about closing the signup. Btw, long time no see!

Without warning Futch ran toward the bank quickly. From their footsteps they’re just running around in the crime scene, some of them don’t even move. They can be this calm in such situation meaning they have backups or they don’t need to move because of their ‘ability’. Normal humans are interesting enough, then how about evolution beings? Concealing him in the alley’s shadow Futch sharpened his ears to hear their conversation. One of them called Captain Plutonium he can hear the woman gasp in the mute.

“You have a habit to meddle in an unusual place don’t you?” A guy quickly appeared behind Futch. “You’ll come with me”

Who is he? I never know anyone, and that will also means that no one know me either. I don’t know how I lived, grow or raised. All the question in his head ran toward his mouth making only one question: “Do I know you…?”

Inwardly the Captain cursed for not bringing his chemistry configureed utility belt. Judging by the holes in the wall and the apperance of the monstrosity stalking toward him, the Deviant likely generated some sort of chemical reaction in his stomach and then spat it out. It wouldn't take too much to whip up a solution that could be dropped down his throat, either clogging it or better yet causing it to backfire. As it was though, Plutonium would have to wing it.

The Deviant's throat began to emit a redish glow and Cap knew what was coming. The massive mouthed man made horrible hacking sounds and suddenly vomitted forth a basketball sized meteor that seemed to be dripping with lava? Some sort of hot glowing liquid. It barreled toward the Captain and he barely had time to dodge out of the way, coming up into a roll and firing off a few quick shots from the Oscillator. Behind him masonry exploded as the wad hit the wall behind him and detonated, melting brick and sending debris all over. Captain Plutonium winced as he was showered with tiny pieces of rock.

As for his opponent, the blasts seemed to barely faze him. He staggered for a moment but kept coming, stalking slowly toward our hero.

"So," Plutonium began, standing up and adjusting the dial on his Oscilator, "I suppose they call you the Atomic Spitwad?" He had to smile just a little at that. It was good. Darn good.

The Atomic Spitwad evidently did not share his enthusiasm, with a dull rumble from the giant gaping throat, he charged at the Captain, swinging a ham sized fist at his head!
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

The explosion blast the alley’s wall, leaving a cloud of blinding dust filling the air. Using the moment, Futch turned some of the dust into glass dust and turn the rest into mirrors, confusing the new guy.

“I can easily squash you by the glass dust. Imagine all the dust around you attracted by the glass in your chest. But I’m not that kind of guy. You let me go and I’ll let you go as well” Futch started pressing one of the mirrors to threaten him.

Futch can hear the guy chuckled followed with a weird crackling sound from inside the glass trap that ended his laugh. The guy jumped toward Futch from above with a small knife in his hand. “Let ME go? You’re just as idiot as you used to.” In a reflect Futch sent out a glass armor in his arm made from the dust around him.

“You won’t break this glass. This glass was made by my magnetism. It’ll be a waste of effort trying to break this one. By the way, you’re a teleporter aren’t you? Why don’t you just teleport behind me and stab me instead of jumping from the sky like that? Or do you have a requirement to use your ability?” Futch replied in the sudden.

Already News copters were swarming. The Captain ducked the punch, leaping to the side. He took a brief moment to look up and smile, beemingly into the cameras before he went back into action. The Captain was starting to form a plan. It just remained to be seen if it would work or not. Already the Atomic Spitwad had powered up another blast. Plutonium leaps aside as the molten orb flew past, this time crashing into a car and melting one side into slag.
    Yes the Captain would definately have to hope his plan worked. He was maneuvering his opponent into one particular spot, and so far the bit brute was taking the bait.

One of the downed robbers began to recover, he rose from the ground and reached for his weapon. Out of his peripheral vision, the Captain spotted it and he spun, connecting to the side of the man's head with a powerful roundhouse.

"No getting up during nap time!" He said gleefully. That's when A.S. got him with one of his mighty fists. Our hero was knocked back. He staggered and backed away from the enemy. He'd have to be a lot more careful than that if he wanted to survive and save the day. He'd also have to be quick. The Newscrews may have beaten the police there, but not by a lot.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

“Why would you attack me in the sudden? We don’t know each others” I ask blocking another attack with my glass.
    “You still haven’t got your memory right? I still don’t need you then” the guy smiled and turned into strings.

The siren will attract more peoples! I shouldn’t wander around as an evolution being: People hate me because of this fact. Come to think of it hate and fear is the only feeling anyone ever gave me. No one ever care about me or at least ignore me. They always think I’m weird, they think I’m not one of them. But that’s their opinion I’m sure if I can get my eyes to normal they can’t even spot the differences between me and the lot of them. The crowd is getting near, filling my entire ears with their horrible voice. They have nothing to say. They only have something to mock at something them despite, although they don’t know what they hated. They are humans after all. Wait a sec! Why am I running? Why can’t I be like that guy in the bank’s yard? He didn’t run off, because he knows that he’s doing the right thing.

Futch raised his hands and created a weird imitation of a glass human. Futch sent the dummy toward the people he heard from before exploding it into showers of sparkling dust shooting it toward the acid guy. The guy melted the entire attack with his vomit.

“Who dares…!” As a reaction the guy shouted.

“Ummm… excuse me, you’re the thief right? Yeah, that doll was mine. Why are you stealing?” Futch ran toward the guy, raining him with the usual question: “Why?”

As the News choppers zoomed overhead, the Captain watched with amazement as a strange boy stepped forward to distract the Atomic Spitwad. It gave him a chance to get in position to enact his plan to stop the Deviant.

"Hey, Spitwad!" He shouted, getting the huge mawed man to turn his attention back to Plutonium. Already his throat was beginning to glow again as the hot molten goo was prepared for expulsion. Captain Plutonium smiled congenially, ensuring that the sunlight gleamed off his teeth and his smile was caught on camera. Then his hand shot out, the Oscillator pointing in a completely different direction than the Deviant. The trigger was pulled, an ether blast fired and the Deviant began to hurl his deadly attack at Plutonium.

To no avail! Suddenly a blast of water jetted into the Deviant's throat. It caused the reaction to change and suddenly steam issued forth from the man's gullet. He coughed once and the smoke thickened. Soon, The whole area was blanketed by steam. The Captain grabbed the Glass Boy's wrists and pulled him off the street, back into alleyways and away from the scene of the battle.

As the smoke cleared, the Atomic Spitward lay unconscious on his back, and the rest of the gang were beginning to stir just as the police arrived. Newscrews scanned the area, hoping to get another glimpse of the Captain and his companion but for the moment, they were gone.

In a darkened alleyway, Captain Plutonium extended his hand to Futch.

"Thanks for the assist, Chum! The city owes you a debt of gratitude. Without a costume however you should definately keep a low profile. They're liable to assume your a deviant and loathe you for it. Heck, even if you DO have a costume those spiteful Imperial Fascists will be chasing us. SO please, consider taking on a secret identity. Oh, I didn't catch your name... I'm Captain Plutonium, Perhaps you've heard of me?"
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

“No sorry. I lost my memories for years. And I know that the Imperial will chase our kinds, but that’s okay for me. They won’t have any benefit from catching me, and I won’t be bothered if they do catch me. Thanks Captain Plutonium, by the way my name’s Futch, Futch Jivoid at least that’s what written on my pendant.” Futch replied in a bitter smile.

Futch muted his voice for a while keeping his taught. “Do you know any guy that uses strings?”

Captain Plutonium raised an eyebrow.

"Strings? Like a villian that uses nigh invisible razored wire to commit gashtly murders with intricate webs? Or like a person who sprays tiny strings from their hands to allow them to scale walls? Or do you mean like someone who uses...magic," he spit the word out derisively, "to alter and trim the strings of fate that bind everyone? No I don't know anyone like any of those things. But hold a moment chum."

The captain ducked behind a dumpster, crouching low. Unseen, he fiddled with the dial on his watch. The costume began to take on a miraculous transformation, vest turning inside out, with sleeve's expanding, gloves being slipped off to fit into tiny pockets. Even his goggles and bandana contracted and altered themselves. When the man stepped out from behind the dumpster, Captain Plutonium was gone. Instead there was a man, still with remarkable good looks, but wearing horn rimmed glasses and an expensive looking suit.

"Ahem, Brian Plutarch," he said, extending a hand to Futch, "We've not met."

He gave the boy a wink.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234