Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates: Chaos Rising

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Dart was surprised by Ervan kissing Keke sudenly. Did ervan still have feelings for her? Or was he just being Ervan? Dart thought it was probably the latter. Still he looked around, hoping Cho'kar had not just seen what happened.

---

Had woke up. his head was sore. That must have been an awfully powerful swing to knock out a hard head like Had's, or any dwarf's. He opened his eyes a crack, but already someone had noticed, "Jiǎn duǎn de nán zǐ huàn xǐng!" Had decided he might as well just go all out, opened his eyes, got up, and looked around. He was in a small room, with what looked like a physician looking at him fearfully. The roof was strangely shaped, it curved up instead of being straight and at an angle. The door to the room was also strange, it looked like someone had taken sheepskin and threaded it through wooden rods. Had would not have even known it was a door except that somebody rolled it open just then.

"Greetings, small man," said the fellow who walked in. He had a noble stride, but still looked like these other yellow men. his accent was also strange, it was as if his tongue was lazy but jumped at certain words, "Pardon my poor English, but I am one of the few who can speak in your tongue."

"Not to worry, not to worry," Had replied, overjoyed to meet a fellow he could finally communicate with, "Your English is perfect by my standards."

"'Not to worry'? What a strange way of saying things you white men have!" the fellow said, "But then again you are not a man at all. I have heard of your race on my travels. A dwarf, was it? I am Zhiang Lao, scholar and explorer of the Great Emperor of China."

"China? Is that where I am?" What a strange place, "Well, I was supposed to be here. But now my companions are missing!"

"Ah, lost companions is not a good thing," said Zhiang Lao with a mystic tone, "Perhaps his majesty can help you find your companions, yes? He does wish to see this strange short man who washed up on our shores. Here, his throne room is right this way."

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

"We all have our own places to go," said Ervan. "I seek a sorcerer of Tzeentch who knows when the final battle will take place. You were searching for a castle in the mountains somewhere. All of us intend to save the world from Chaos, whether by following the will of our gods, acting on ancient prophecies, or simple guess work. We were sailing to the east, but were shipwrecked by a daemon." Ervan thought for a second. "I think you gave me a record of where you need to go..." He searched his bag quickly, then pulled out a piece of paper and gave it to her.

Keke opened the paper and read the words written there. The way the letters curled and flowed... It was familiar, but how? Had she written this?

Dear Ervan,

I felt that you should be in possession of a copy of this prophesy, in the event that we should be separated.

The winds across the desert stilled, and I could easily make out a castle high on the mountain. The path before me was covered in broken glass fragments and on those scorpions, spiders and snakes writhed. I knew that I had to crawl across the path on my hands and knees to reach the citadel in the sky, it was of utmost importance. The skies rained fire, and the moon and the stars fell but were yet in the sky; rivers ran in blood, and the dead walked; the earth split open and fountained molten rock... As suddenly as the visions began, they ended and the voice told me, “The key to victory lay in finding the one who is no longer...”

I know not what it portends only that it is of dire importance and that it fills me with a deep foreboding. I see in it my death, and I fear I may not make it to the end of this journey. Please keep this near to you, and if I should perish see that it is fulfilled. I have attached a letter which I bid you carry to my people, should I fall in battle. It is sealed, but you may read it if you desire.

May you always walk in the Light, my dearest friend. By my hope of rebirth and salvation I wish that Freyr will always smile upon you, and may you bathe in the sweet Light of His presence for all time. World without end, time and world without end.

Marshal-General Camilla Zarine Kelsy,
    Lady of Connachta, An Mhumha, and Mídhe,
    High Seat of House Kelsy,
    Defender of the Heartland,
    Guardian of the Forest ,
    Daughter Heir to the Broke Crown of Ireland, and
    Navigator of Band of the Red Hand

A glob of golden wax had been dripped beneath the signature, and impressed into it was the image of a falcon. She touched the wax surreptitiously with the tip of a finger. She whispered, “Am I really all of that?”

Daerid:

Daerid woke with a start and grasped the slender tan hand that rested on his shoulder. He squeezed it with a near bone crushing grip and smiled when the girl leaning over him cringed.

“Mister Daerid, I was bid to awake you at this hour.” The girl muttered with a heavy Chinese accent, bowing at the waist. While she was bent low at the depth of her bow, he tugged on the hand he still held in his own forcing her to topple onto the bed. He grasped both of her hands and rolled on top of her, holding her wrists above her head he straddled her.

“Where am I?” He whispered harshly, pressing his face into her neck.

“Yo-you are at the Imperial Palace.” She stuttered, her accent thickening with her fear.

He smiled a toothy grin and ran his tongue down her neck stopping at the top of her bodice. Her heart thudded in her chest, just beneath his mouth, her eyes darted frantically around the room. He shifted both of her hands into one of his then strengthened his grip and smiled when she squeaked a scream. He liked them fluttering like a bird in the hand.

“Mister Daerid, you hurt me. No need. I am willing yes? This is word? Willing?” He drew his head back and laughed in her face, ripping the bodice away from her chest with his free hand. He nuzzled his face into her neck almost tenderly before biting hard enough to draw blood. He pulled back far enough to look at the wound before pressing his fingers to it and allowing the Healing force to flow through him.

This felt much different than the divine glory of the Light of Freyr. It was acerbic and hot compared to the cold, sweetness of the Light. It seemed to glow with a palpable darkness and heat as it flowed from his finger tips into the girl's body. She arched her back and a scream was ripped from her throat. Eyes bulging, her mouth formed a perfect rictus of fear.

“Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!! It buuurns...” She bellowed.

He threw his head back and laughed, before licking the remaining red droplets from her neck. Enjoying the metallic taste, he smiled and ran his tongue around the shell of her ear. “I am going to enjoy this more than you can know, but somehow I doubt you will.” he whispered.

The magnificent power of his new Goddess seemed to dim the power of the Light that he previously wielded. The Light was a wane thing in comparison to the darkness that flowed through his veins. Before she had fully recovered from the ordeal of being Healed he drew one of the throwing daggers from his boot and set to cutting her clothes away.

It was quite some time before she staggered weeping from the room, clutching the tatters of her clothing to her, trying to hide the shame. Not a scar or bruise marred her skin, but the marks Daerid had placed on her soul would never heal, and he knew it. He enjoyed the thought of breaking her. Perhaps the wait on the so called Band of the Red Hand would not be as boring as he had at first feared. At least he had a few toys to play with.

He leaned back against the headboard, smiling. He could have used Paralysis on her, of course, but what's the fun in that? It's so much better when they struggle.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

"The most important title, lass," Dart pointed to the last one, "Is right here."

"But what does that mean? What does any of it mean?" She asked, bewildered.

"Well," said Ervan, "a navigator tells us where to go and stops you getting lost at sea. Very important."

"well teh Red Hands- Well- Thta's us!" replied Dart, "A crew sailin' the seven seas, stoppin' the world from endin'. Ye used ta be teh navigator, although I've never seen ye actually navigate. Won't be too good with yer memory all gone either. You were a very good fighter, though. Veyr skilled with the bow," Dart suddenly remembered the bow, "Speakin' o' which, here's your bow back. Sorry about breakin' it earlier. Inez over yonder fixed it up."

OOC:

"Oh, umm... Thanks." She smiled sheepishly, "Sorry about, you know, trying to kill you and stuff. You talk funny! I like it." Keke giggled and clapped her hands, before looking back to Ervan, and asking in confusion, "I'm... Important?"

"Oh yes. And you used to make quite a fuss over just how important you are at times."

Keke blushed, "I guess I can be a very difficult person to be around?"

What sort of person had she been? All the titles would imply some sort of royalty. He had called her important and self important. Who was she?

Ervan looked to the left. "You could be a little spoilt at times..."

Blushing profusely, Keke buried her face in her hands.

"Am I very annoying?" She asked from between her fingers.

Ervan thought about the question. "No, not annoying," he said eventually. "Just demanding sometimes."

"Demanding, or commanding?" She asked, straightening her back. Perhaps he was simply an unhappy subordinate? She smiled to herself at the thought, a glimmer of her former personality shining through.

"Commanding. I tended to buck your authority often, though," laughed Ervan.

Keke giggled, though she didn't really know why.

"It's all so..." She waved her hands, searching for the right words.

"Overwhelming?" suggested Ervan.

"Exactly," Keke said, nodding emphatically. At a loss, she stated the obvious, "Dart, you're an elf, but you don't talk as I do."

"I'm from the woodlands o' Essex," replied Dart, "We live a tough live there, an' our isolation led ta us gettin' these accents. Plus I think my great-great-great-great grandpappy was Scottish."

Keke blinked, "Oh, that's lovely. I've heard that's a nice place. At least, I think I have. Maybe. Have I ever been there?"

Cho'kar saw of course, but for now, such petty concerns were not on his agenda. Instead, the Sav'ran gave a slight nod to Ervan, and sat.

"There is a story, among my people. Of the Beastlord, and the Ending. It is a story that has begun many times over the course of time, it is a story that the Beastlord put to rest many times. The Ending is... difficult to describe. In the stories, at times it is a being, and at times it is a force. The important thing is that the Ending means Death to everything. Each Age that the Ending has begun it's task, someone has stepped forward, taken the Pilgrimage of the Four Great Beasts and become the Beastlord. The Beast lord then worked to put the Ending to rest. So far, they have always been successful."

Cho'kar's eyes, burning with the alien fire of the Phoenix, searched the woman's face then moved to take in the others assembled. Not all of them had heard this.

"Now, the stories die. My people are all but gone, and similar legends among other people are considered merely myth. I quest for the Four Beasts, because the Ending IS coming, and as of now, only the Red Hands are making any attempt to stop it."
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

"The Ending. Aptly named, it seems. Even if it isn't the ending assumed at the beginning, it is still an ending, non?" She grinned. "Ah yes, as to being able to move you... I know a way. If you deem your need is dire... It is very dangerous. There is a portal stone near here. I can move you to a Place of Requirement. You concentrate in your mind to this place you must go, and there you will go. But while I cast this spell, if your mind wanders, then the spell goes awry. It could take you as a party to a planet where there is no air, or to the moon, or the bottom of the sea. You must concentrate on your need, if it is not strong enough... You get the idea."

She stood, "I'll leave you to discuss it. There is something I must attend to."

Inez walked briskly to the door, flinging a slicker over her shoulders. She opened the door and disappeared into the rain.

"Excuse me," said Hart, following Inez outside.

"I don't think this portal is a good idea," said Ervan. "All it would take is one distraction to throw us miles off course."

"It's a great risk, but the larger the risk, the greater the pay off. While it may throw us off course, it may also shave days off our journey." Keke shrewdly pointed out. "It would require us to be vigilant in our mental diligence.

"Keke, you don't even know where you're going..." said Ervan.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast