Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates (Again) Sign Up and OOC

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Name: Hadem Armado
    Alias: Had, Hada for those who don't want confusing English
    Race: Dwarf
    Nationality: The land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Class: Warrior

Occupation: Bad-ass dwarf guy with a freakin' pole-axe. What otehr job can possibly exist?

Height: 3"10
    Weight: 165 lbs.
    Build: Stocky
    Hair: Long dwarf hair with a freakin' bad-ass beard, red.
    Eyes: Green

Armour: A lighter mythril chain-mail outfit, an iron helm, and leather greaves
    Jewellery: Golden necklace with dwarven rune for Travel.
    Weapons: A pole-axe (http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/m...iser/18651.jpg).
    Misc: Braids for his AWESOME BEARD.

Physical Description:

Personality: Despite his gruff, dwarven appearance, Had is actually a very nice guy. Similar to Dart in his calm detachment in battle and his drinking habits, Had also takes time out to ponder very philisophical things like the driving purpose behind life and the benefits of divine worship. he prefers diplomatic ways to settle disputes, but can still use the ol' pole-axe to cut down any violent dissent. Had likes fresh tea in the morning and evening, and enjoys walking down the beach during sunsets. Had is not a very skilled liar and tries to be honest as often as possible.

Skills: Mining, navigation, tea-brewing, body-guarding, immediate soberness in emergency.

History: Had was born as a regular dwarf doing regular dwarf things. Namely, mining. He grew up mining but found it quite boring, and the dwarven life underground left him yearning for more. So he jumped at the chance of being a tradesman for the dwarfs instead. When they got to London had abandoned the merchant party, attracted by the sights and sounds of elven and human society. He soon came to fear meeting any dwarves, as they try to kill him when they know who he is, being a bertrayer of the clan and all. He jumped at the chance to leave London for more southern lands with Dart and teh Red Hands.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Name: Dick Van Dick
    Alias: "The Pirate", "The Man With The Unoriginal Alias"
    Race: Human, but don't quote him on that.
    Nationality: I have no idea what era this is supposed to be, or what level of fantasy is implied, so it'll be "Unknown but speaks in a funny accent"
    Alignment: 10 A.M. - 10 P.M., he's a benevolent saint, but it's only to impress females, and 10 P.M. to 10 A.M. he's borderline evil.

Age: 42, 33 or 52, depending on who you ask (he isn't very good with consistency, so he fabricates certain elements of his being), but looks about 65.
    Height: 5'6.
    Weight: Surprisingly thin.

I'll do the rest later, and by later I mean if I get one of these moods again.

It's the PIRATY time period, Hicky. Circa 1600-1680 or around there abouts.

Mild steampunk, fantasy magic, elves, dwarves, etc.

We are subscribing to the many worlds interpretation and this follows a different continuation of our own earth where elves ruled Ireland until only about 20 years in the past. Most of the crew is Irish.

We use elves similar to Tolkien, and other beasts Tolkien used, such as orks being tortured elves.

We will be moving along fairly soon, but we are on a small island off the coast of China in a witch's hut. A second mage storm is brewing and magic is thick in the air. Your character could be warped in magically for no reason, or teleported there by a god, or goddess. S/he could live nearby and went to visit the local witch for a love potion, healing or some other reason you come up with. Up to you! We are very silly and flexible so whatever you come up with will likely be fine.

The first few posts of the original Pirates thread explains more about the gods and universe: http://pokedream.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10062

Gods are real, and they are taking an interest in the events of our world as the forces of Chaos are plotting to take over the planet and reshape history in it's own image.

There is an evil side, currently championed by Daerid (a character of mine that was once murdered and resurrected by a goddess)

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Also, as far as I am concerned, the last 10 pages of the original pirates are the best.

http://pokedream.com/forums/showthre...=10062&page=91

For reference you guys:

The winds across the desert stilled, she could easily make out a castle high on the mountain. The path before her was covered in broken glass fragments and on those scorpions, spiders and snakes writhed. She knew she must crawl across the path on her hands and knees to reach the citadel in the sky, it was of utmost importance.

The skies rained fire, and the moon and the stars fell but were yet in the sky; rivers ran in blood, and the dead walked; the earth split open and fountained molten rock...

As suddenly as the visions began, they ended. The key to victory lay in finding the one who is no longer... The echoing voice told her.

Name: Daerid Galadrid
    Alias: Galad
    Race: Human
    Nationality: Asian
    Alignment: Lawful Evil

Class: Druid

Height: 5'7”
    Weight: 140
    Build: Well muscled, but lithe as a blade.
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: Icy blue

Equipment List:
    Armour: deep red shirt, black pants, black boots
    Jewellery: Signet ring of his deity.
    Weapons: Various throwing daggers, Ashandarei (A long, thin, black spear with a sword blade curving at an angle at the top, the blackness of the blade seemed to drink the light. Twin ravens were embossed on both sides of the blade, and the following words decorated the haft: Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades. )

Ashandarie

Physical Description:

Personality:
    Galad is physically very attractive, and he knows it. He is sadistic, realizes it, and enjoys it immensely. This once Cleric of Freyr's life goal is to assassinate all the members of the Band of the Red Hand individually (with the exception of Keke.) He is more than a little insane, and utterly devoted to Keke and his new goddess. He fights dirty, he enjoys torture and inflicting pain, he'll kill you as slowly as possible and laugh with glee as he does so.

Skills: Captivating the ladies, horsemanship, juggling, swordsmanship

History: He was once a member of the Band of the Red Hand but Cho'kar killed him after he nearly killed Camilla. Now his soul has been inserted into a new body and he's up to no good.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Is that last post by Daerid a flash-back?

Nope. Daerid just spent some time in the dark between his pyre and now.

I don't really know what Qoorl is doing with my character Daerid in his previous post... I'm not sure it really held to the true spirit of Daerid.

We talked about it, and Qoorl asked me if I wanted him to change it, I told him to do whatever he wanted to with it, and apparently that didn't include changing it. I don't like to tell people how to roleplay, even if it is with my own character. So we will just assume that Qoorl's post was a dream? Or maybe roll with a multiple personality disorder... I don't really know what to do with that. It doesn't matter.

This is what is happening right now.

Hmmmm... That is all. Ninja in the Darkness's Avatar

Name: Mercedes Lynn Amery
    Alias: SadeeLynn
    Race:Human
    Nationality: German
    Alignment: Nutral

Class: Whatever a normal fighter is. (Not really smart on this!)

Height: 5'2
    Weight:125
    Build:small
    Hair: darkish brown
    Eyes: green

Armour: very light armour, really not a lot, something to protect her chest-area.
    Jewellery: bracelet she got from great grandfather
    Weapons: small steel cutlass
    Misc: Ribbon in hair

Physical Description: Only no hat!!!!

Personality: Usually quiet, obeys orders when told.

Skills: fighting and dodging

History:Abandoned as a small child, pretty much raised by grandpa on the sea. Knows just about everything about sailing but never talks about it. Very distant from people.

Very nice profile, I love that pic

Hmmmm... That is all. Ninja in the Darkness's Avatar

Thanks. I found it on google!

Gotta love google.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Ok, ta. I'll be French then, for no reason whatsoever. with a name change to Serge Du Arbreterre-Champ. I'll write a paragraph every week or so.

Alright. Inez is also French

Name: Mei Ling
    Race: Human
    Nationality: Chinese
    Alignment: chaotic neutral

Class: Assassin

Height: 5'1
    Weight: 102
    Build: slight
    Hair: black
    Eyes: dark brown/black

Armour:
    Jewellery: Jade Pendant of the Dragon Emperor
    Weapons: twin butterfly swords, Guan Dao (pole arm), flying claws and rope darts, poisoned darts
    Guan Dao

Physical Description:

Personality: Withdrawn, quiet, shy, and all around a bit odd. She might even be a sociopath.

Skills: Sneaking, Poisoning, Poison and Potion making, Polearms, Knives

History: Mei's mother was a servant at the Imperial Palace and died at her birth. Her father was the Dragon Emperor, though he never claimed her. His only benevolence was allowing her to live and finding her foster parents in the lower nobility.

As the bastard daughter of the Dragon Emperor she was never accepted into the society of the Forbidden City. The lower class accused her of being a snobby spoiled princess even though she never reaped the benefits of her birth, and the upper class thought her lowly. All her life she felt the bite of rejection.

When Daerid found in her the ability to become a magic user, she jumped at the chance. Although she had heard the rumors regarding the darkness dwelling in him, it didn't seem to bother her and she quickly became his shadow.

Her motives are as cloaked as the rest of her thoughts, she just doesn't talk much.

Damn you Keke... damn you to hell...

No. Not really, I'm now inspired to draw each character found in this thread in the way I drew my character. I haven't gotten around to doing much really because of the damn course I went through. I thought it would be 2 weeks, but was actually more like the entire month. Anyway, I'm graduating tomorrow! Then I'll have Thursday and Friday off so that I can catch up on what I missed in the New Pirates thread. Hip-hip-Hooray!!
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

ahahahaha thats so awesome

congrats on your graduation!

*celebrates* wooo!

Not a lot has happened, a lot of the thread can be skimmed so it shouldn't take you too long to catch up. We've been waiting on qoorl forever. He announced In Character that he's going to do a funeral, then stopped posting.

Oreos and cookie crunch! Hikari's Avatar

Damn, damn, damn. Why was I not told about this?

Name: Audrey O’Halley
    Alias: Hikari
    Race: human
    Nationality: Irish
    Alignment: Chaotic good

Class: sneaksy rogue

Height: five feet, seven inches
    Weight: 115 lbs
    Build: thin but not emaciated
    Hair: dark brown
    Eyes: hazel, but predominately green

Armour: corset top, skirt, breeches, leather belt, leather boots, and hard leather vambraces.
    Jewellery: enchanted turquoise pendant that increases accuracy.
    Weapons: 6-inch long serrated knife (very versatile), and several small throwing knives concealed about her person that she always forgets about.

See the sweet tattoo? SEE IT?!

Personality: Usually easygoing but cranky whenever she gets hungry. She’s learned to be independent, so she sometimes shies away from help from other people (especially in the galley/kitchen), but she wouldn’t forsake the crew for anything. Can sometimes be a little over-the-top, mostly when she’s had sugar.

Skills: cooking, thievery, firemaking, basic first aid

History: She grew up in a small fishing town half a day’s walk from Dublin, Ireland. She was always fascinated with cooking and found it amazing how one could turn a hunk of smelly fish and turn it into something edible and yummy. Many of her experiments in the kitchen were disastrous, but she has since honed her skills. She developed her thievery skills from visiting the markets in Dublin, snitching small trinkets and spices when the stall owner’s back was turned. When she was sixteen, she fought every night with her parents, who wanted to marry her off. Fortunately, she didn’t have to worry about that prospect when some drunk men from the town attacked a nearby elf settlement. In retaliation, the elves burned down half the town, including her parents. Knowing that she didn’t belong in the broken village now, she moved to Dublin and made a living working in bar for a few years, until she met Ervan, Kitsa, and Keke. Shortly after, she joined the Band of the Red Hand and has been with them ever since.

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

I see a tattoo!

Yesssss! *fistpump*

Soooo... any ideas about how I should barge my way into the RP?

Wash up on the beach and stumble into the shack? Then hugs 'n' stuff.

That works. Yay!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast