Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think I need some serious help.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Does Dragonite scare you? Dragonfright's Avatar

In any other thread I would have laughed.... ANY OTHER THREAD! I realize thats its important to laugh, but if I were Midnight, this would be one of the lots of things I wouldn't want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    People seem to have misinterpreted my post as some sort of ironic douch-baggery, like RC. My apologies if you thought it that way. Allow me to explain.

The death of a loved one causes an incredible amount of stress in friends and family. Stress is well... stressful. Laughter can help to relieve stress. By laughing and being joyful, one can reach the the stage of acceptance more easily.

Also, consider the fact that it is better to consider the joys in the memories in a friend's life as opposed to sob over the lack of joy. Yes, it is a natural part of death, and I'm not saying you shouldn't cry. However, continuously being sorrowful about it will lead to your friend's memory being one that always brings misery as opposed to enjoying remembering what you did together.
    Its good that you backed yourself up, and I believe you amazingly enough, because most people are still looking at you as mostly a jerk, they look at it the worst way possible naturally, it would have been good if you put it the way you just put it the first time.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfright View Post
    I never had a friend that went suicidal, although I had a friend die in a football accident by his rib puncturing his liver. It sucks to see a friend, family member, or anyone go suicidal like that. It seems I was too late to give advice since I really can't say anything not said at all. I think about my friend a lot to this day even though it happened a year and a half ago, right now, you must be thinking about your friend a lot, maybe 2 to 5 times as much. Its great that you talked to people about this, if I kept quiet about my experiences, I would have fallen into depression years ago. Continue to talk to us or anyone but bastards like Solly, we are your friends, and like all friends, we will try our best to help other friends... well, I guess excluding Solly. If you feel that its necessary, you've got your contacts up there, you can PM me too.(because I don't use my e-mail a lot)
    I knew you always believed me! I knew it!

This was before you told your story, before that I thought you were your same old self, coming when people are pissed.

Is this thread really the place to have this conversation you guys?

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

No.

I didn't think it would last too long, I thought it would end after Solly made a response to it, either way, I wouldn't have gone far with it. Good job being on the ball to stop it earlier.

wtf

is good for you

You're the man now RC

How did I miss this thread? I was active back then?

kirbx bumping old threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal View Post
    I'll be here! Even if i have to make 300 alt accounts to have conversations with!!

POKEDREAM FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fullmetal if you aren't here in 10 years I will find you and make you post!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12