Thread: ruby/sapphire/emerald & fire red/leaf green problems!!!

gregedgar07

Default ruby/sapphire/emerald & fire red/leaf green problems!!!

so a few of my friends and i have started to play ruby/sapphire/emerald and thought it would be fun to have our own tournament so we got a bunch of guys to level 35 and a couple of my friends bough emerald and fire red/leaf green and started a party on that game but when it came to the tourny we had trouble linking up games to battle or even trade.... so i was wondering if you can do it the old way with a cable link or if it has to be done on the wireless adapter or if there is something else that is preventing us from trading or battling...

when we link up with the cable and talk to the battle/trading lady behind the counter it will say please wait (press b to cancel) for about 30 seconds to about 2 minutes until we get tired of waiting.... so is there an alternative way to do this or what are we doing wrong? please help, thanks alot

GregEdgar07

Did you get the gems in FR/LG? if not, you can't link with those games

gregedgar07

Default gems in fire red/leaf green

ok so that will solve trading with fire red and leaf green but why cant i trade or battle between ruby/sapphire/emerald i dont think there should be a big difference between the games that i cant even trade between them?

Played the game too long ago to remember.