Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Me playing gtar.

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Default Me playing gtar.

I've been playing gtar for a hot minute and what not so I'm not good by any standard. Just felt like recording myself and then "borrowing" someone's amv. haha In any case this is my somewhat tried attempt to play "Breathe" (2 A.M) by Anna Nalick. It's not very good, and I mean it, that's not a fish for compliments! haha

What do you guys really think though?

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

Cools

I love those pictures! Also for some reason,your voice doesn't have a lot of clarity,Dogar. Is it just my computer not loading it right?
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

I mumbled some words because I forgot them. haha Again, this isn't a very good recording. I just learned how to play that song that night. I kept hearing it on the radio and wanted to play it.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar

Don't you also play the skin flute?
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    Im growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.
    - Snakes on a Plane (As if spoken by a proper Englishman)

Really?

Too personal? Sorry.
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    Im growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.

That's bad, even for you. : P

At least I didn't compare your package to that of a Vanwall GPR V12 this time

Oh the classic quotes.

Dogar, I mean this in the nicest way possible. Don't quit your day job because its truly awful and it might be the worst thing I have ever heard. Seriously.

I stopped after only 23 seconds because it was giving me a headache. I couldn't understand what you were saying, and your voice literally made my dog cry. He's covering his ears with his paws because the sounds being emitted from my speakers made him want to kill himself.

Please Dogar, think of the puppy.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

you try to jiggle long notes too much when you sing. i dont know if thats the right term, im pretty sure it isn't, but like, when there's a long note that's either flat or gradually changes you switch inflection/key/whatever they call it on it too much.

also i know this goes without saying, but jesus christ youre a girly motherfucker

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

I'm being frankly honest here, but it actually kind of reminded of "Hicky's" voice from that other video you made. The guitar's alright, though.

I don't think holding the same note through the whole song's going to fly with Simon Cowell either.

I thank you all for your criticism. I do wish I had time to take private lessons. And God, yes, I do like those type of songs. I want to learn it's raining men next.

yep, dogar is definitely gay

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Dude, if you ever join a band. Don't sing. I'm being brutally honest here. Not only because your voice is bleh, but if you don't try and multi-task with the singing and teh playing, I'm pretty sure you can pull off at least some sick riffs and maybe a solo or two.

I too applaud the guitar work, just not the ear splintering vocals. I'd like to keep them, thank you very much.

good job at playing the guitar, but you sound terrible, work on your pitch between your voice and the instrument. You need to articulate and your tone is a bit odd.
    Or in other words:

Your voice sometimes sounds nice with the guitar, but this happens less then often. You you also sound kinda... monotone. The music sounds like "relaxing with a girl and watching the sun set" while your voice sounds like "I'm crossing the street." Your voice needs to represent that emotion you want to give.
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

Just... what made you pick THIS song?
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by RedCheetah View Post
    Just... what made you pick THIS song?
    This one made me laugh the most. Post in my God damn thread that has your name in it you asshole.

Regarding everyones posts, I sing very well actually without the guitar to be honest but the moment you have to harmonize with an instrument and then play the instrument right, yeah, that's a bitch. I haven't gotten close to doing that well yet but hey, I JUST learned how to stay in tempo with someone else's song the way it is usually heard, so I'm getting there I suppose. I think for just doing it every other week for a short play without a teacher I think I'm doing alright. I really wish I had time for the lessons though. But again thanks for your thoughts guys, I KNOW you won't give me the "it's ssooooooo gooooodd" shit people irl would. I need the criticizing ear to be better!

And TA, it's a good song so shut up, I like songs with those type of lyrics. Now go off and listen to Lady Gaga.

Another I played. It was always PokeMasterSean13's favorite so I learned it. I have actually been playing this one for a while and is the first song I ever played in front of more than 2 people who weren't blood related. haha It was around 11 people and granted they say it wasn't great but they said it was well done considering. I think I sound better live then in a digital camera 4 year old microphone but still it's not great. In any case I have been singing and playing this song for a while now so please give me your thoughts and be honest. Your posts on last song were very helpful.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

oh sure, blame it on the fact that you havent had private tuition...

I'm extremely good at Alto Sax and I have been playing with private lessons for over 10 years. It helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast