Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: International No Meat Day

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Ok ed are you against anything that will not bring you to hell? If I said that if you didn't drink orange juice on every 3 wednesday you are garanteed not to go to hell I bet you would just drink orange juice in spite.
    Not eating meat on friday doesn't prevent you from going to hell.

Deadly sin is still unforgivable, and sin still must be repented or you will go to hell.

It's amazing how little you understand of your own religion...

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

I think God is coolio and if you just do simple things in his name you will go to heaven.

Then you aren't a very good catholic.

I know Im not but whatever as long as I go by most of the rules its ok.

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

According to Dara O'Briain you can be an atheist and a catholic, but only if you're Irish.

Oh shit I am Irish! Who cares God is super coolio and he will forgive me.

Have you ever read the Bible? Forgiveness isn't something God does very often. He seems to be more of a kill everyone else person.

Jesus give forgiveness. I read most of Gensis but thats it.

I'm pretty sure the Son has to bow to the Father. After all, who argues with God? Last guy who did ended up as the ruler of Hell.

Oh Jesus is like the wiser version of god. I think God was in his teanage years during all that stuff.

Oreos and cookie crunch! Hikari's Avatar

I think that the Old Testament is more like a mythology, so not everything in it should be literally interpreted. The New Testament just tells you to be a good person, and I'm fine with that.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

The things wrong with Pascal's Wager:

1) There are a bajillion other religions and only one can be right
    2) You're wasting money, time, and emotions on something that might not exist
    3) Religion may influence yoru decisions poorly later in life because you are dependant on the fact that you are going to heaven

If we never hear from Kirbx again I'll accept that as evidence of God's existence, because that was a smitable comment if ever I heard one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari View Post
    I think that the Old Testament is more like a mythology, so not everything in it should be literally interpreted. The New Testament just tells you to be a good person, and I'm fine with that.

Did you read Revelations? It's a work of apocalyptic literature, it's the ONLY book in the work that speaks of nothing but punishment for sin, and it's in the New Testament.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Revelation

The New Testament is not the book of hope some people like to pretend, and those that maintain that it is have never read it, or if they did they failed to understand it.

So while the New Testament does elude that forgiveness is possible if you but ask for it, Romans chapter 23 verse 6 states that "The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." It further states in the same book that "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23) To be alive is to be a sinner, and if you don't beg god for forgiveness on bended knee daily for committing the hubris of being born you will roast forever in a sea of fire (described in Revelations (New Testament.))

Death and punishment for sin is a prominent theme all through the bible, in both the old and new testaments. So while it may be accurate to say "I like the new testament better because Jesus allows forgiveness of sin without the need for animal sacrifice" it is inaccurate to say that "punishment for sin" is unique to the old testament, or that only living a good life is good enough for god. It isn't. He (the son, the father and the holy spirit included) is a very petty person all throughout the bible and will send you to hell on a whim.

That also doesn't take into perspective the "unpardonable and/or deadly sins" portion of our lesson today... There are some things you can do that cannot be forgiven. So while you should never forget to pray before sleep because you could have a spontaneous heart attack and die, being sent to hell for forgetting prayer, there is an entire list of stuff that is completely unforgivable...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh Jesus is like the wiser version of god. I think God was in his teanage years during all that stuff.
    You are going to burn for that, in fire ever lasting where the worm never dieth. Blasphemy is unforgivable sin.

LUKE 12:10, "And everyone that says a word against the Son of Man, that will be forgiven; But he that blasphemes against The Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."

MARK 3:29, "Whoever blasphemes against The Holy Spirit will never have forgiveness, but is guilty of everlasting sin."

MATTHEW 12: 31-32 "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come".

The definition of Blasphemy is expressing a lack of reverence. It is the showing of disrespect toward something sacred. Blaspheming the Holy Spirit occurs when a person who knows better rejects the Word of God which the Holy Spirit is attempting to bring into the heart of that person. Hence this rejection or this refusal is telling the Holy Spirit that what he is trying to bring into the person's heart is not being believed, that it's not worth the effort or the time to even look into it or study it, that the very Word of God is not important, and that the beliefs and teachings of Jesus Christ are being rejected.
    You know better, but you say that anyway. It is disrespectful, irreverent and unforgivable. So when you die in that fire I keep asking you to, rest assured that according to your god you will continue to die forever, in a fire. With worms.

Naw god is super coolio man. I mean I don't expect to get the vip treatment like Mother Thersa in heaven but I will certainly get there. I mean come on god doesn't send you to hell for believing the wrong religion thats wouldn't be logical if you have been good your whole life you should be in heaven no matter what and listening to him the whole time is just a plus.

That's not what the bible says, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Keke Le Cat View Post
    Actually if you want to point out Revelation's ridiculous content I'd suggest this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_Revelation

Jus the titles sum it all up.

Maybe Kirbx is one of those theists who just thinks he's a christian because he doesn't know what he's talking about?

Simply put I believe if you lead a good honest life you will go to heaven. On top of that I also believe in Jesus I listen to what the pope says and partake in Catholic serimonies and mass. I am pretty sure that makes me Catholic.

So if the pope told you to kill your family...

Maybe he is the pope after all.

Then according to your belief, you are going to hell for blaspheming. There can be no forgiveness according to your bible. The end, that is all.

Either you are christian and believe the bible and what the church teaches, or you are not and believe your own religion which is against the god of the bible and you are going to hell. Catch 22.

Burn in a lake of fire.

I think not Keke. Is Gandhi in hell? No of course he isn't under those beliefs only nuns go to heaven which would be absurd.

wat?

Plus you can twist bible teachings to do what ever you want many parts on contradictory.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast