Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guardians of Ashur

Vash the Stampede

Default Guardians of Ashur

This is a major scale-down of the Main RP on my forums (see sig for link)...

As such, certain elements will be missing...

SIGNUP FORM AT END
    RULES (or, at least, guidelines)

================================================== ========

General Story & Main Locations

Legend tells that when the world was created, a large crystal of immense power crashed into Ashur, buried deep underground. When the continental shifts occurred, it was pushed up and came to rest on top of a mountain. There it rested, undisturbed, for 5000 years, until a man found it. When he touched it, his hearts true desire was fulfilled, and the world united under one kingdom. That man, and his descendants, would rule over the land. One day, one of his descendants was assassinated. The assassin then sought the crystal, which had been sealed inside a great fortress. Very quickly, the assassin found the crystal, and went to touch it. Because his heart was impure, the crystal shattered into ten pieces and flew away. The kingdom also shattered, and ten of the eleven major cities began ruling all villages and hamlets in there area. The eleventh city fell into ruin, and was abandoned. The assassin spent the rest of his life trying to find the shards, unsuccessfully.

A long time has passed, and very little is still known about the shards or the crystal. The only place that has any written text from that age is the original great fortress the original crystal was housed in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

World Map

Cities Map

Major Cities

Karrod
    Luciv
    Ralik
    Drasia
    Moriad
    Caglar
    Duath
    Kran
    Frath
    Ramner

Droku - Former Capital City... NO ONE MAY BE FROM HERE

Territories Map

RACE INFO

All humanoid b/w additional features (i.e. - Catlike ears, Foxlike tail, etc.)

JOBS

Soldier - non-magic job Balanced between offense and defense (can use shields)
    Fighter - non-magic job Very skilled at fighting (can use two swords easily)
    Thief - non-magic job Very skilled at pickpocketing
    Ninja - non-magic job Very stealthy
    Archer - non-magic job Very good aim
    Ranger - non-magic job Very good with animals

White Mage - magic job Healing Magic - very effective
    Black Mage - magic job Damaging Magic - very effective
    Red Mage - magic job Healing & Damaging Magic - semi-effective
    Alchemist - magic job Stronger Damaging Magic - harder/rarer to learn

MAGE ABILITIES

note - list may expand later... maybe
    lines are {ability - description [jobs that can learn] *what you must already know to learn it*}

Fire - Basic Fire Attack [Black Mage, Red Mage, Alchemist] *n/a*

Water - Basic Water (Ice - at least 125 XP w/ skill) Attack [Black Mage, Red Mage, Alchemist] *n/a*

Static - Basic Electrical Attack [Black Mage, Red Mage, Alchemist] *n/a*

Earth - Basic Earth Attack [Black Mage, Red Mage, Alchemist] *n/a*

Wind - Basic Wind Attack [Black Mage, Red Mage, Alchemist] *n/a*

Heal - Heals small injuries [White Mage, Red Mage] *n/a*

Cure - Cures non-lethal poisons [White Mage, Red Mage] *n/a*

Life - Restores dead comrads [White Mage] *n/a*

Illuminate - At low levels, illuminates the surrounding area with your staff for a short time [Black Mage, White Mage, Red Mage, Alchemist] *n/a*

Shroud - At low levels, shrouds the surrounding areain darkness with your staff for a short time [Black Mage, White Mage, Red Mage, Alchemist] *n/a*

note - Other skills must be learned by using a scroll or learning from a master. I must approve of the skill you are trying to learn.

MONEY INFO

PP (Platinum); 1 PP = 10 GP
    GP (Gold); 1 GP = 20 SP
    SP (Silver); 1 SP = 40 CP
    CP (Copper)

Everyone starts off with:
    0 PP
    5 GP
    10 SP
    20 CP

...like I said...
    ...very scaled down...
    ...fewer classes...
    ...levels gone...
    ...no XP system...
    ...no item list (just don't be stupid with it)...

SIGNUP FORM

Name:
    Job:
    Appearance:
    History:
    Personality:

signup notes:
    Age - I'm going to require a MINIMUM 15 (your age may be younger, 15 is the minimum for your character, though)
    Hometown - cannot be Droku (or related to Droku); can be any major city or any unnamed village; if unnamed village, note which major city it belongs to
    Appearance - either describe or provide a picture (AND NOT SOMETHING THAT TAKES UP THE WHOLE (or even half of) THE SCREEN) or both a description and a picture
    History: optional to post - I must approve; NO LOST MEMORIES
    Personality: optional to post

================================================== ========

My signup...

Name: Vash
    Hometown: Evron (small town on west half of Frath territory; south-eastern shore)
    Job: Black Mage
    Appearance:

History: Trained in the arts of the Black Mage, Vash has always wanted to be the most powerful Black Mage in the world. Always favoring violence to solve problems, Vash wishes to try to either rule the world, or destroy it. This ambition is never spoken aloud. (more later)
    Personality: (later)
    Last edited by Vash the Stampede; 08-06-2007 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Main RP ready

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

Name: Kandoshi Diaga

Hometown: Luciv

Job: Alchemist

Appearance:

History: Kandoshi came from a respectable family as the son of the city's mayor. Still, his family was not caring, not concerned. Being the mayor, his father was constantly out working, greeting foreign visitors, signing papers. His mother was obessed with no one but herself, and often spent time nd large amounts of money in beauty and cares centres, leaving Kandoshi locked up in the house alone, with only sevants for company. The atmosphere at the house was stony. He was often told to count his blessings, and be grateful that he was not a beggar boy out in the streets, but he struggled hard to find this gratitude towards his parents, who counted more as strangers. As time passed, Kandoshi sank deeper and deeper into depression, growing more and more silent and withdrawn. He longed for the love and attention that he never received as a child.

Personality: Kandoshi is very solemn most of the time. He takes everything seriously and cannot bear to see a job done in a half-hearted manner. Whether training or in battle or just in normal life, he will give his full attention to any job at hand. Because he tends to be silent and mechanic, he is often labelled as a cold person without any real emotions or thoughts. Inside, Kandoshi hates this prejudice against him bitterly, yet does not have the heart to voice it out. His uncaring and unresponsive demeanor earned him the title "Ice machine", because he would do anything in order to succeed and do well. He rarely throws tantrums, prefering to smother with icy freezing rages silently. Still, Kandoshi hopes that one day someone would accept him for who he is.
    Last edited by Ninetails 009; 03-24-2007 at 08:30 AM.

Vash the Stampede

nice profile ninetails

an extra note: all magic jobs start off with all abilities listed above where that job is in the 'jobs that can learn it' part

need several more people before I'll start...

signups are not scheduled to end (though the later you get into it, the more of a disadvantage you'll be... particularly magic jobs)

one more thing...

I AM VERY PARTICULAR ABOUT GODMODING
    and once it starts, you MUST use IC for In Character Posts (otherwise, the rule is, it's an OOC post)

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

OOC: So you finally made it here, Vash. NOTE, PEOPLE, THE LINK TO THE FORUM RP IS IN MINE AND VASH'S (JohnD) SIGNATURE.

I will create a new profile, instead of my old one:

Name - Mortar Migellion

Age - 15

Hometown - Luciv

Appearance - (This pic took me a very long time to find. Appreciate it.)

History - Mortar grew up surrounded by mages, putting much pressure on him. He was born to a very popular one, Sir Martor Migelias, who obviously named his son after himself. When he was ten, he had grown to hate his dad as the lowly money-grabbing fiend he was. His mother had died of Red Fever when he was twelve and, he decided to become a healer because of it. Thus, once he was old enough (14), he ran away from his hated father with his staff and a few clothes to try and find a new way of life. He though it would be adventurous, he always heard stories of righteous thieves in the night who survived with their gang of assorted scum. All he did was live in gutters and fix small wounds for money.

Personality - Mortar tries to stay calm, but he can explode to weariness and frustration when he is annoyed. He still tries to do the right thing.

Job - White Mage

Magic Skills - Heal, Cure, Life

Vash the Stampede

nice profile

I'd like to wait for at least a couple more people...

ideally a Soldier or Fighter and a Thief or Ninja (ideally a Fighter and Thief)

This is where I've got some ideas from...

HERO

Name:Zack

Hometown:Kran

Job:Soldier

Appearance:

History: Zack has been an Orphan every snice he was little and couldn't understand why his parents left him. Every snice Zack had to steal food from shops and defend for himself. After eight long years of surviving Zack was finally adopted by a samll family who he had stole from.

Personality: Zack likes to train and improve his skills anytime he can. He sometimes likes to talk to girls who he thinks are cute. Zack is very smart when it comes to battling opponents and figuring out there battle Strategies. Zack has great strength and speed making him hard to defeat in battle.
    Last edited by HERO; 03-21-2007 at 06:15 PM.

Vash the Stampede

OOC: I'm getting anxious to start...

IC: After several weeks of traveling, I finally arrive in Luciv. The streets were busy with people. This city was popular for men and women of all trades to come and buy and sell their goods. The main street was about 15-foot wide, and full of honest traders. All along the sides of the street were shops of simple goods traders, and small grocers. Down various cross streets were weapon, armor, and shield shops, as well as openings to small restraints and bars. Several small alleyways had various secret meetings and other illegal activities going on. Most residents lived either above their business, or towards the outskirts of town. The main street, approaching from the east or west, was direct access from the edge of town to the first of shops.

I decided to head for a small bar not too far from the main street market. I really need to rest my feet, I thought. I am not used to travelling such great distances. I'll have to head back in about three days to get to Droku so I can learn where the first shard is.

A moment later, I reach the bar entrance. A couple of swinging doors was all that divided the outside from the inside (other than the walls, of course). There didn't seem to be any windows, but there was another pair of swinging doors only 12 feet further down the side street. As I walk through the doors, I take note of my surroundings. The bar was dimly lit, and had a clear path which arced around from the door I was entering through, to the counter, which it followed, then back around to the other door I noticed from outside. The tables weren't too close together, but they weren't far enough apart to where you wouldn't hear anything said from a surrounding table. There were also booths along the sides of the far walls, with fewer tables around them.

I picked an open booth, about midway along all the booths, on the side nearest me, and headed over to sit down. I set my belongings next to me, and grab a menu (note - menu is small and simple). I think I ought to order the steak. Just need to wait for a waitress to come over here.

IC: Mortar looked at the glass of ale anxiously. It wasn't the ale per se, it was the hand holding the glass. Specifically, the hand belonging to a large and rather gnarly man. Mortar would have fled by now if he had not noticed how old the man was. The man looked at Mortar with one lazy eye and spoke in a rather rough voice.

"Boy," he croaked, "I must tell you something. That is why I called you here. No one else will believe me."

Mortar choked down the need to start crying from nervousness, "W-what is it."

"You must gather the crystal shards," he whispered in a barely audible voice, "To protect them."

"THE CRYSTAL SHARDS??????" Mortar blurted out, the man gave him a look, "I mean, the crystal shards."

"Yes, you must gather them," the man said, "else the world as we know it will be destroyed."
    Last edited by Solly; 03-20-2007 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Goddamn smileys

Vash the Stampede

OOC: I've updated the General Story...

it does not affect the story so far...

HERO

OOC: Vash will there be any abilities for the Soilder job.

Ic:

After a three-day voyage across sea I finally arrived at Luciv. I could see Luciv was a busy city as there were many people roaming the streets. While I was here I wanted to buy a map so I could travel around the world easier. But first I wanted to find a place to to rest from the long trip. As I walk though the city I noticed many shops and traders along the way.

My search soon came to an end as I found a small bar and headed for the entrance. The bar was poorli lit and you would have to take advantage of the sun light to see. There were tables and booths all around and each had a menu on them. I took a seat at the nearest table and looked at the menu.

Vash the Stampede

OOC: due to fewer classes, I modified my approach on that... it's been added...

IC: A waitress approaches my table and asks, "You ready to order?"

After pausing for a moment, thinking over my choices, I decide. "I'll just have a steak and a glass of water."

"Very good, sir. Your food will be out in a few minutes." She walks away to get the order to the cook.

I wonder how true the news is for the request of a small team of warriors, I think as I start to look around for anyone who might serve me to team up with, and I wonder how many are needed.
    Last edited by Vash the Stampede; 03-20-2007 at 09:24 PM. Reason: IC post

Ic: Kandoshi walked into the dingy bar. As usual, a wave of hurried whispers spread across the place. People were wondering what the son of the town's mayor was doing in such an uncouth place, what did he intend to do there, and stray rumours flitted across, such as that his father was severely disappointed in him, that he would not be fit to succeed his father as mayor, that he was just a lazy, useless bum...............

As usual, Kandoshi ignored them all. He had endured these rumours since about the age of seven, when his mother had shouted at him for being an unfaithful brat. But still, a raging fire burnt in his heart.

Couldn't he go anywhere without his father's shadow covering him?

His usual group of irritatingly loyal "Kandoshi for President" fangirls remained outside, unwilling to set foot in the bar. He smiled. This was probably the only place which they would not follow him to, with the exception of the toilet. Ordering a drink, he sat back and waited, oblivious to the stares directed at him.

HERO

Ic:

I wasn't very hungry so I decide just to order a glass of water. I looked around to see only a few people in the bar. It would be awhile before I could order because the waitress was already taking someone else order.

Vash the Stampede

IC: As soon as I get my food and eat, I think while looking around the bar, I'll investigate the claims for a team of warriors. Since I'm not even from this territory, I'll have to be careful as to not let them know my true intents. Well... even where I'm from I have to be careful.

IC: "END OF THE WORLD FROM THE CRYSTAL SHARDS??!" Mortar shouted again. He closed his mouth and looked at the man with a look of sorriness.

"Yes," the man replied, keeping calm, "Try to stay more breezy this time."

"O-okay," Mortar gasped out. It was all he could utter.

"You must collect," the man now said, "Else the world will fall into the evil shadow of another, more greedy collector."

"M-me?" Mortar stammered, "Don't you mean we."

"No. Ah, my frail bones have caught up to me and I don't think I could handle one more adventure."

Mortar tried to build up his courage, "You know what? I'll do it!"

"Good lad," the man smiled and went back to finishing his ale. Mortar slumped away and sat down at a lone table in a corner. How am I gonna do this?

Vash the Stampede

IC: after hearing someone shouting about shards, more than once, I quickly figure I ought to keep whoever it was nearby. 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer' I was taught growing up. This being the case, I know what must be done. The waitress brings my food out, and before she can leave, I pin her with a question. "Do you know who was doing that shouting?"

"Hmm...," she thought for a moment. "Yea. That fellow in the corner."

"See if he'd like to join me over here, if you don't mind," I request as I slip into thought. ...and maybe if someone else overheard him, and will figure I'm gathering a group to 'heroicly' search out the shards...

IC: "Sir?" Mortar looked up, "Sir, the man at that table requested you presence." The waitress pointed towards a man sitting at a table. He wore odd clothing and had a dark look about him. Whatever he wanted him for, Mortar knew it wasn't to buy him a full meal and give him a pat on the back. He gulped down his fears and stood up. Nervousness filled him as he sat down, the same feeling he had gotten when he had approached the other, old man. he sat down and waited, trying to seem calm.

Vash the Stampede

IC: As he sat down, I could tell he was nervous. I decided to try to be as friendly as I could without giving away anything. "I couldn't help but overhear your shouting," I exagerated, since all I could hear was the occasional shout about shards, "and it seems to me that you and I will be searching for the same thing. I've heard rumors that the leaders of this nation are looking for a small group of 'adventurers' to do the footwork. You must be hungry." Before he could respond, I cut a third of the steak off and slide it over to him. "Enjoy, complements of me. Now, as I was saying, it'd be dangerous to search the shards individually, and there's strength in numbers. I was planning to gather a small group of people together to search for the shards. What do you say?"

HERO

Ic:

After a few minutes the waitress came to me asking me for my order and asked for two small sandwiches and a glass of water. She wrote my order down and headed to the kitchen. After a few minutes she came out of the kitchen with my order and placed it the table I was at. She quickly left and started to attend to the other customers.

IC: Mortar smiled. This was exactly what he needed to do his quest. His fears passed and he held out his hand. "Mortar Migellion, son of Martor Migellias, White Mage. I know various healing techniques."

Vash the Stampede

IC: Healing, huh? That should come in handy. Shaking his hand, I introduce myself, "Names Vash. I have a good number of powerful spells at my disposal." I return to my dinner, "we probably ought to find at least one more person. Someone who can use swords." Someone who can be the focus of an attack while I use distance fighting with magic.

OOC: probably obvious, but italisized text are what I'm thinking and not saying

Kandoshi saw two men talking in a corner of the bar.

Hmmm.....must be up to something. I'd better check it out.

He approached the two men. They seemed to be intently discussing something.

"Hey, I'm Kandoshi. Son of the town mayor." At this, he rolled his eyes. "You seem to be gearing up for a battle. Can I be a battle mate? I'm just keen to get away from this sicken village for a while."

HERO

Ic:

I couldn't help over hearing a guy who was looking for a samll group of warriors to find some shards."I wonder if they need a Soilder to help them fight close up" I thought. I quickly finish my last piece of sandwich and head over to the group of people to chat.

" Hello the name’s Zack" I said smiling nicely. "I couldn't help over hearing you talk but do you think you need a solider fight at your side."

" I'm very smart when it comes to battling and powerful at that."

IC: Mortar looked back and forth at both people. He was never one to choose these kinds of things, so he simply replied, "Why don't you ask my, erm... partner over here. I'm not really a leader."

Vash the Stampede

OOC: sorry for the delay... work...

IC: Looking back and forth between the two, I decide quickly that fooling all four of them into helping me gather the shards for my own purposes will work out nicely... as long as I don't give away anything. "The names Vash. And, yea, both of you can join us. Have a seat for now. We'll head out to apply for the 'adventurers' job soon."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast