Thread: Great Deals in DVD History

Default Great Deals in DVD History

in a dvd section at Fry's Electronics, just browsing. i come across Mortal Kombat for $9.99. directly next to it was the sequel, also for $9.99. directly next to THAT, was a dvd called "Mortal Kombat Double Feature" which had both films on 1 disc. this dvd was $8.99. in the same store, the same section, directly next to each other, i could buy both movies and spend less money than just buying 1 individually, let alone both together.

for a long time this was the standard of dvd value. low and behold, about 2 months ago in the same store. ocean's 11, 12 and 13 all 12 dollars each. next to those was the ocean's combo pack. 11, 12, 13 and apparently the original movie they were based off of back in the 50s/60s whenever it was, together in a pack. this dvd pack was $9.99.

when torrents were invented

damn Fry's Electronics sounds like a dank spot to build a movie collection, though. one thing DVDs have that downloads do not are directors' commentary (and other commentary). depending on how interested you are in the material, this feature often makes the dvd purchase worthwhile. although I am sure MK movies don't have commentaries, I mean, they were so bad.
    Get jiggy with it, eternally.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

So why is it that the DVD boxset of Berserk at Fry's Electronics is $89.99 and then the same amount of episodes of Cowboy Bebop is $39.99?

>_>

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Jeez, and you guys call me the Jew.