Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40

Thread: Vaporeon in Black and White.(Rain Dancing)

  1. #1
    Beginning Trainer
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    181

    Default Vaporeon in Black and White.(Rain Dancing)

    It appears that there will be Vaporeons with the Hydration ability.

    This got me thinking.

    As a defensive eeveelution, Vaporeon excels at wishpassing, and can be considered the best wishpasser in OU.

    And I don't doubt it will change, which will make hydration fairly useless, because water absorb is simply much better.

    However.. On a rain dance team, this has potential.
    As everybody knows, paralysis is something that really bugs rain dance teams. However, add a Vaporeon with this ability, and it becomes much easier to deal with. Along with giving the convenience to stop burns, sleeps and poison as well.
    On top of that, Vaporeon will receive double stab on its surf. Allowing it to dish out a nice amount of damage for a wall/status absorber.

    So, about the moveset.
    I would probably go for:
    Rain Dance.
    Wish/Rest.
    Surf.
    Hidden Power(elec)/Ice Beam/Roar/Protect/Heal Bell.

    For obvious reasons, there is Rain Dance, because you can never have enough rain dancers in your team.
    Combined with Wish, this becomes a very reliable way of keeping it up.
    Add a Jolteon for additional Rain Dance support, and it becomes even easier(nullifies elec attacks aimed at Vaporeon, and deals with opposing water pokemon who might make your life difficult)
    Surf is the typical STAB, it receives double STAB in rain, which is never a bad thing.
    And then in the final slot, a lot of abilities which depend on what you need.
    Hidden Power and Ice Beam for coverage, SurfBeam is probably the best combination, but I find myself liking HP-elec more on Vaporeon because it deals with Gyarados quite nicely.
    Roar to pseudo-phaze, since Snorlax can make your life very very difficult.
    Protect to check moves/heal with wish.
    Or heal bell, in case one of your buddies got hit with a status after all.

    For the EV spread, I'd probably go for a 252 HP/252 defense with bold nature.
    Offensive EVs aren't needed since Surf receives double STAB.
    You could take some out of HP if you need speed, 68 EVs will make you outspeed base 70s. I wouldn't attempt to add more, because it does need those HP EVs.

    Now, the real question.
    Why exactly would one want to use Vaporeon over another pokemon who can act as a status absorber?

    Well, I personally think the fact it can act as a status absorber, a wishpasser AND a cleric is more than enough a reason to use it.
    I don't think any other pokemon can actually do it all at once like Vaporeon can.

    Another concern is. Is it even possible?
    Considering that Vaporeons with Hydration only occur in the Dream World may mean it cannot have Wish. But we don't know if these Vaporeons don't know it yet.
    But even then, a Rest variation still remains very strong, albeit it won't be throwing wishes around.
    It.. somewhat diminishes its power, however, one must keep in mind.. Sleep Talk will not be necessary to absorb sleep, since rain will heal it instantly. This grants a lot of flexibility which should be the strength of this pokemon in a rain dance team.

    One could even add this to a normal team, since it can carry Rain Dance anyway. Which is interesting, for two reasons.
    It gets rid of the annoying sand storm chipping away at your pokemon while reducing the damage from fire attacks. Which is still a fairly often used type in the offensive.
    On the other hand, water will hit you harder as well. Which is something to consider as well.

    I see a lot of potential in this, and I want to see if others do as well.
    Last edited by Raptorg; 08-12-2010 at 08:04 PM.

  2. #2
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Candy Castle
    Posts
    18,919

    Default

    Interesting. All the eevees only have one ability and the first 3 deal with absorbing attacks of there type. So this could mean that Jolteon and Flareon coudl also get another ability.

    Seems cool but I don't think it will make OU more rain dance oriented unless there comes along a non legend that can also learn drizzle. Although one should note that hydration is the exact reason why manaphy is banned. With rain dance support it can use rest and heal up and have its sleep cured all at the same time. They banned it becuase they feared that it would make the OU metagame too raindancy. Could the same go for vaporeon? I doubt it but it is possible.

  3. #3
    Beginning Trainer
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Vaporeon, how impressive its defenses are, just can't deal with uber offense.
    Then again, the uber metagame is ruled by special attackers. Where Vaporeon CAN deal with the opposition. Not as good as Blissey, but a key resistance to Kyogre's STAB attacks helps a lot.

    Though Manaphy isn't really capable of handling ubers offense, either.. Its overall bulkiness is still better, with 100 base defense, and 100 special defense. Both higher than Vaporeon's. Though with 30 points less in HP.

    I certainly hope Vaporeon doesn't end up being banned to ubers.
    Though that would be quite an impressive feat for an eeveelution.
    But it has crossed my mind..

    Also, Glaceon received Ice Body.
    Though it lacks the water typing Walrein gets and isn't as bulky.. It might be put to good use with its impressive 130 special attack as a more reliable alternative to Snow Cloak.
    Though I really doubt Glaceon will improve on it.

    I sure hope they're finally assessing the eeveelution curse, and improve their movepools dramatically, they deserve it.
    But if it's staying with special abilities, I can't imagine anyone but Vaporeon receiving significant benefit out of this.
    Perhaps Jolteon, if there happens to be a Flash Fire equivalent for elec. But I doubt it. Motor Drive is worse for it, so that's not an option.

  4. #4
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Candy Castle
    Posts
    18,919

    Default

    Just becuase something is in ubers does't mean its good there. Note:
    -manaphy
    -deoxys s
    -deoxys
    -deoxys d
    -shamin s
    -wynaut
    -garchomp

  5. #5
    Beginning Trainer
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    181

    Default

    At least 3 of those perform well in ubers.

    That being Deoxys-S, Garchomp, Shaymin-S.

    Deoxys-S makes for an amazing double screener and lead.
    Garchomp's ability to revenge kill is nearly unmatched.
    And Shaymin-S performs well as an anti-lead/revenge killer.

    A Scarfchomp can even walk through a weakened team.

    And your argument means nothing in this discussion. Why do you do that?

  6. #6
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Candy Castle
    Posts
    18,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg View Post
    At least 3 of those perform well in ubers.

    That being Deoxys-S, Garchomp, Shaymin-S.

    Deoxys-S makes for an amazing double screener and lead.
    Garchomp's ability to revenge kill is nearly unmatched.
    And Shaymin-S performs well as an anti-lead/revenge killer.

    A Scarfchomp can even walk through a weakened team.

    And your argument means nothing in this discussion. Why do you do that?
    I am just noting that sometimes things get banned not becuase they are really "ubers" but becuase of how they affect the metagame in a way people don't like.

  7. #7
    Beginning Trainer ZoroarkMasterLK2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Isshu Region
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Hmm... Interesting. I wonder why they only made Vaporeon have a new ability. Well, Flareon has a high Defense while Jolteon has a hard Sp.Atk.
    "The truth will be revealed, once the evidence becomes consealed"
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    zoroarkmasterlk2 theorizing over the deep mysteries of pokedream forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Too bad I'm too lazy to rp with any consistency...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pants,_and_the_beast_dwelling_within View Post
    dear lord... you are the smartest pokemon master i know...

    please, let me face you in an honest man on god battle online oh great one :O

    PS: im not being sarcastic for once in my life on pokedrim frumz
    ZoroarkMasterLK2

  8. #8
    if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    there's a snake in my boot!
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    flareon has horrible defense. he has good sp. def, and crap HP and def.

    NEVER get that mixed up.

    and jolteon has more speed than sp. attack. that would be espeon that has the higher sp. atk


    your welcome

  9. #9
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Candy Castle
    Posts
    18,919

    Default

    List of eevees and there usufulness in order
    1. Vaporeon
    2. Jolteon
    3. Umbreon
    4. Leafeon
    5. Espeon
    6. Glaceon
    7. Flareon

  10. #10
    if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    there's a snake in my boot!
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    here's my edition of that:

    1. umbrone
    2. vaprone
    3. joltone
    4. espone
    5. glacone
    6. leafone
    7. flarone

    vaporeon is second ALWAYS to me :3


    your welcome

  11. #11
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Candy Castle
    Posts
    18,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pants,_and_the_beast_dwelling_within View Post
    1. umbrone
    2. vaprone
    3. joltone
    The order of the first 3 is debatable. Personally I have seen vaporeon used more then all of them put together. I rarely see jolteon and umbreon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pants,_and_the_beast_dwelling_within View Post
    4. espone
    5. glacone
    6. leafone
    Believe it of not leafeon is actually a good sweeper in UU due to swords dance and a decent movepool while espeon is completely outclassed by Alakazam. Glaceon is a piece of crap.

  12. #12
    if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    there's a snake in my boot!
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    honestly, umbreon is a better physical passer imo, and is an unstoppable core defence/sub/tox/payback

    i really love using umbreon.

    and as for leafeon... its useful, but sceptile and brelloom are just plain more useful... and glaceon is a basic ice sweeper, that again is outclassed by weavile.

    and i put espeon higher because he is actually able to COMPETE with alakazam, because unlike kazamm, he can take a solid hit.

    the top three are indeed debatable, and we should all just do with what we desire. (aka, they have the best stat spreads)


    your welcome

  13. #13
    Beginning Trainer ZoroarkMasterLK2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Isshu Region
    Posts
    118

    Default

    My edition would be:

    1. Flareon
    2. Espeon
    3. Glaceon
    4. Vaporeon
    5. Leafeon
    6. Jolteon
    7. Umbreon
    "The truth will be revealed, once the evidence becomes consealed"
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    zoroarkmasterlk2 theorizing over the deep mysteries of pokedream forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Too bad I'm too lazy to rp with any consistency...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pants,_and_the_beast_dwelling_within View Post
    dear lord... you are the smartest pokemon master i know...

    please, let me face you in an honest man on god battle online oh great one :O

    PS: im not being sarcastic for once in my life on pokedrim frumz
    ZoroarkMasterLK2

  14. #14
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Candy Castle
    Posts
    18,919

    Default

    Dude just no. Flareon sucks.

  15. #15
    Beginning Trainer ZoroarkMasterLK2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Isshu Region
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Vaporeon is pretty decent, although, its Sp.Df stoops low. Thats why I put it 4th on my list.
    "The truth will be revealed, once the evidence becomes consealed"
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    zoroarkmasterlk2 theorizing over the deep mysteries of pokedream forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Too bad I'm too lazy to rp with any consistency...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pants,_and_the_beast_dwelling_within View Post
    dear lord... you are the smartest pokemon master i know...

    please, let me face you in an honest man on god battle online oh great one :O

    PS: im not being sarcastic for once in my life on pokedrim frumz
    ZoroarkMasterLK2

  16. #16
    Beginning Trainer ZoroarkMasterLK2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Isshu Region
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Flareon is like a sweeper. Only in need. I never thought of putting it in my team, but it has average stats according to my basis.
    "The truth will be revealed, once the evidence becomes consealed"
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    zoroarkmasterlk2 theorizing over the deep mysteries of pokedream forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Too bad I'm too lazy to rp with any consistency...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pants,_and_the_beast_dwelling_within View Post
    dear lord... you are the smartest pokemon master i know...

    please, let me face you in an honest man on god battle online oh great one :O

    PS: im not being sarcastic for once in my life on pokedrim frumz
    ZoroarkMasterLK2

  17. #17
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Candy Castle
    Posts
    18,919

    Default

    Flareon is a pokemon so bad that bite fire fang and quick attack are some of its best moves.

  18. #18
    Beginning Trainer ZoroarkMasterLK2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Isshu Region
    Posts
    118

    Default

    No, think about Flint's Flareon it totally wiped out my Empoleon using Overheat in one dam shot.
    "The truth will be revealed, once the evidence becomes consealed"
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    zoroarkmasterlk2 theorizing over the deep mysteries of pokedream forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Too bad I'm too lazy to rp with any consistency...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pants,_and_the_beast_dwelling_within View Post
    dear lord... you are the smartest pokemon master i know...

    please, let me face you in an honest man on god battle online oh great one :O

    PS: im not being sarcastic for once in my life on pokedrim frumz
    ZoroarkMasterLK2

  19. #19
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Candy Castle
    Posts
    18,919

    Default

    Maybe your empoleon sucks

  20. #20
    Beginning Trainer ZoroarkMasterLK2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Isshu Region
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pants,_and_the_beast_dwelling_within View Post
    here's my edition of that:

    1. umbrone
    2. vaprone
    3. joltone
    4. espone
    5. glacone
    6. leafone
    7. flarone

    vaporeon is second ALWAYS to me :3
    Umbreon is the worst not best.
    "The truth will be revealed, once the evidence becomes consealed"
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    zoroarkmasterlk2 theorizing over the deep mysteries of pokedream forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Too bad I'm too lazy to rp with any consistency...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pants,_and_the_beast_dwelling_within View Post
    dear lord... you are the smartest pokemon master i know...

    please, let me face you in an honest man on god battle online oh great one :O

    PS: im not being sarcastic for once in my life on pokedrim frumz
    ZoroarkMasterLK2

  21. #21
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Candy Castle
    Posts
    18,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoroarkMasterLK2 View Post
    Umbreon is the worst not best.
    *facepalm*

    trust me umbreon is one of the best

  22. #22
    Beginning Trainer ZoroarkMasterLK2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Isshu Region
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Umbreon's dark pulse is total bogus. TOTALLY weak!
    "The truth will be revealed, once the evidence becomes consealed"
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    zoroarkmasterlk2 theorizing over the deep mysteries of pokedream forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Too bad I'm too lazy to rp with any consistency...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pants,_and_the_beast_dwelling_within View Post
    dear lord... you are the smartest pokemon master i know...

    please, let me face you in an honest man on god battle online oh great one :O

    PS: im not being sarcastic for once in my life on pokedrim frumz
    ZoroarkMasterLK2

  23. #23
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Candy Castle
    Posts
    18,919

    Default

    Attack Power=/=good pokemon

    umbeons support moves and defenses make it out to be a great pokemon

    btw umbeons main attack move if it ever has one is payback

  24. #24
    is good for you
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,744

    Default

    Choice scarfed Eevee with adaptability.

  25. #25
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Candy Castle
    Posts
    18,919

    Default

    XD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •