Thread: The PCA - My Version

Hybrid View

Default The PCA -My Version

v1.1 Update - Added more information on battling.

Since I can't find an RP group on FA I'll transplant some of the shit from there onto here and maybe we can have some fun. The rules went kinda long and are probably incomplete so I apologize up front.

So basically this is the PokeCombat Academy, a high class learning institution, in this case high school. It specializes in the arts, sciences, and of course considering this is Pokemon, battling. Battling is the big sport in the Pokemorph world so a lot of people take it very seriously as a career. The campus is large with all the facilities you'd expect at a high dollar private school including dormitories for the out of town kiddies. It is located in Kanto, thus all Pokemon native to Kanto commute. Those in Johto, Sinnoh, and Hoenn must reside in a gender assigned dormitory. If your Pokemorph is native to more than one region (e.g. Pikachu) then you can pick whichever region you want. Students 16 years and older can have a car.

Rules:

Since this involves highschoolers in highschool and they're furries one can expect loads of drama. It is the glue that ties the RP together and thus to get it wound up fast and furious you should probably make two characters. Sex partners, friends, enemies, random blokes, it doesn't matter.

All Pokemorphs (or "mons" for short) can only use the movesets they come with in the game. For example you can't have a Kadabra using high jump kick. Furthermore they can only use four per "battle", but whatever four out of the move pool they use is entirely up to you and can change from battle to battle. There are certain stipulations for how to customize your mon for further battling goodness. I personally have chosen the simplified "elective course" route. You choose an elective class your character takes and they get certain bonuses depending on what it is:

Techniques: This course teaches your mon additional moves and lets you choose anything from the breeding/TM move pool of the Pokemon you chose.

Nutrition: A very boring class but your mon learns how to eat right, increasing "stats" and basically making your mon stronger and more resilient in a non-numerically assigned fashion.

(Kick)Boxing: The gentlemen's sport increases your mon's ability to fight with their hands and feet. Where as things like jump kick and comet punch are super powered and energy assisted, all mons can duke it out in a rousing match of fistibops regardless of type and training. This can be particularly useful for mons who rely on special attacks as they'll be able to throw a mean right cross when the going gets tough.

A.P. History: No one can pass A.P. History without some help. Depending on your character this class either increases teamwork and bonding (useful in relationships) or by bullying the nerds into doing your homework you start to intimidate the weak.

Battle Training: This is basically sparring and practice for the real thing. No unnecessary attention to detail, just raw get in the ring and work it out. Great for building up familiarity with the rules and working on strategies, it also helps you get acquainted with a wide variety of opponents. Taking this class helps increase the damage against those annoying "not very effective..." opponents.

Battling is a major part of the school and thus a major part of the student's lives. Basically there are two (okay I simplified to two) leagues inside the school; team and independent. Teams have a captain and are made up of at least 6 members, each of which is hand picked and can be rotated out for other members depending on the battle. The independent league is pretty much the overall pool of contestants. Anyone who is not in a team and still wants to compete joins the independent league. Generally speaking this consists of one-on-one battles with occasional pick up groups depending on the rules of the match. People in the independent league are usually looked down on as most of the better athletes are picked by teams. This waters it down to a bunch of misfits and losers. It does have a fierce reputation though as every competitor that is too outlandish, headstrong, violent, or too frequently breaks the rules is usually dropped from their team and starts up again in the independent.

Some arena battle experience is required of all students at the PCA in one form or another in order to graduate. Freshmen are given a volunteer senior or staff member as their surrogate team captain (called their "trainer") and compete against teams and individuals of their own age. All matches are set up according to the win/loss ratio, talent, team membership, and age. This is to help avoid new members getting steamrolled and to help build experience. High ranking teams eventually are eligible to compete in regional championships. More athletic scholarships have been awarded to PCA students than any other school in the quad-region area.

This is highschool, thus you can't be playing as a 23 year old. You have to pick a year and a realistic age (no going beyond 18-19 for seniors). The characters you make can join the Academy at any year but there are benefits for starting out as a 14 year old Freshmen; your elective courses roll over. So if you pick Battle Training for your Freshmen year you'll have Battle Training and whatever else you pick in Sophomore. Freshmen are a bit weaker and usually aren't fully evolved (e.g. you won't find a Charizard as a Freshman).

This brings me to Evolution and Legendaries. Basically there is no differentiation between a legendary mon and a normal one, the abilities and rarity of all mons are about equal. A Mewtwo walking the halls is perfectly normal and there's probably about 3 other Mewtwos in his classes. Evolution can happen any time and any where. Like in the games it happens in a few seconds but isn't cancelable by the mons themselves. Everstones can be purchased though and used to prevent it from happening.

Battling is pretty straight forward; wail on the other dude within the arena till one of you feints. Pokemorphs have evolved a survival instinct that when they're severely injured their bodies shut down all non-vital processes, allowing them to heal much faster than normal. Items like Potions can tap into these healing abilities while still conscious. As stated earlier each mon can only use 4 attacks from their movepool per match in addition to normal fighting techniques. Moves like thunder fang and such can be substituted for thunder punch if it suits your fancy but the biting and scratching moves do still exist and still count against the 4 move total if you use them in conjunction with their punching equivalents.

RPing rules are par for the course. No controlling other people's characters, no deus ex machina, no killing people without permission unless they're your own characters, and no blowing up the school etc. (that is unless the plot of the story involves a reenactment of Columbine in which case school detonation may be valid). Basically try to be adult about it and don't fuck with people and we'll all have a dandy time. I will moderate the RP but can assign other people to moderate as well. I'll be sure to announce any rule changes/moderation grants etc.
    Last edited by RedCheetah; 05-24-2010 at 02:49 AM.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Character Sheet

Name:

Sex:

Pokemon:

Region:

Year:

Elective:

Character Description:

Character Background:

I'll bang mine out for demonstration purposes.

Name: Shane Schakphoo

Sex: Female

Pokemon: Abra

Region: Kanto

Year: Junior

Elective: A.P. History

Character Description:

Shane is a nerd with an affinity for baggy pants and big sweat shirts. Because she's an Abra she has to sleep 18 hours a day or else has trouble staying awake and can't concentrate. Whenever she's awake her eyes are usually only squinting open. Fortunately she can absorb information from lectures and teleport about while slumbering due to her psychic abilities. No one ever knows if she's paying attention because she's constantly asleep but she usually listens more that people think. Most people consider her a closet lesbian because of her short hair, questionable fashion, and social reclusiveness. This doesn't seem to bother her, or at least doesn't keep her from getting a 4.0 every semester. She enjoys metal music and chocolate milkshakes.

Character Background:

Mr. and Mrs. Schakphoo, both Kadabras, moved to the Kanto region from India before Shane was born. Mr. Schakphoo is a practicing Opthamologist while Shane's mother works as a software engineer. Their high incomes meant Shane wanted for nothing but their devotion to their careers meant she didn't have a lot of parental guidance. Their relationship with their daughter was mostly distant due partially to her frequent sleep schedule but mostly due to their work and high expectations. From kindergarden onwards Shane was moved from private school to private school, rarely making friends. Her home is in an affluent suburb outside Celadon City.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

I don't mean to rustle up a long dead thread, but seriously? No one took an interest in this? On a Pokemon forum??

Come on RPer's, don't be that lame. :/

I mean if people still wanted to do it I'd totally be game. I never designed an RP before but I think this one is pretty well grounded.

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

the perspective in that pic is off. the curvature leading to her shoulders is off, and FUCK YOU DANIEL FOR STEALING MY NAME FAGGOT

your welcome

I made 4 character sheets and I'm gonna post them here because I've been writing stories revolving around them, and I might RP with them later if I ever find someone to RP with.

Name: Derek Martinelli

Height: 5'9”

Weight: 125lbs

Pokemon: Poochyena

Character Info:

Derek is a scrawny, messy looking lad with scruffy grey fur from head to toe. He wears rectangular spectacles and contact lenses alternating depending on how lazy he is in the morning. His hair is a short forest of blonde-tipped spikes straight out of the Jersey Shore if any of them were so ambitious as to bleach their hair. Derek's dark brown roots accentuate the fact that he doesn't properly bleach but every three months or so. A Walmart shopper, no one piece of his clothing costs more than about $30, shoes included. His favorite outfit would be a pair of worn jeans, a band shirt, his steel toes boots and, weather depending, a cheap solid black hoody, faded from years of use. He keeps his wallet on a chain and his cell phone close lest either get stolen.

Background:

Derek is neither exceptionally smart nor rich nor talented in the arena. During a budgeting conflict and a surge in student attendance, the PCA was required to take the overflow of students from Derek's public school district in order to keep it's federal funding. Derek was one of the lucky few designated to attend the PCA, and has been surviving with a staggering 2.5 GPA and a complete disregard for proper competitive battling. Derek's parents are poor, living on welfare in the slummy downtown area of Saffron. Because of this and his lack of traditional fighting talent Derek can't relate to any of the other students, preferring instead to cynically heckle the petty drama that surrounds him, providing amusement and successfully distracting him from his own rough upbringing. This habit means Derek has no real friends at the school, the closest thing to one being Shane, his tutor. Seeing as no other team would take him Derek decided to make his own. A better one, “with blackjack and hookers” he would say, named Team McJager Bomb.

Name: Terri Ryder

Height: 5'4”

Weight: 100lbs

Pokemon: Golbat

Character Info:

Terri looks like many other Golbats; big fangs, big wings, and a big mouth, the latter not being so much a physical trait. More developed now that her evolution took place she's filled out quite nicely and is easily the most physically attractive member of her team. The downside is she's completely blind so her outfits don't always make much sense. Her style swings wildly from day to day though usually centered around form fitting clothing and her favorite pair of shorts. These shorts don't quite fit these days but she loves them too much to discard them and the student population admires this dedication to the point of staring. Her dark blue hair reaches her shoulders and is kept in neat braids.

Background:

Terri's parents hail from at least three generations on both sides of pure blooded bat Pokemon. They are a somewhat prestigious family hailing from Austria where Terri spent the first couple years of her life. Moving to the Johto region, she grew in a loving and nurturing environment and never wanted for anything. During her time at the PCA she continued to do well academically with bright hopes for her future. Then last semester she evolved and her whole life changed. Like most Golbats she expected to finally gain her vision, but alas her eyes didn't function and she remained blind. This crushed all her dreams, from becoming a professional pilot to watching TV. With this heart-wrenching news Terri slacked in her studies and started performing poorly in the arena. At the end of the semester she quit her current team and almost dropped out of school, but after much pleading from her parents agreed to stick it out. Now on team McJager Bomb, the only team that would take her, she's cruising through her final year of highschool before resigning to a life of Social Security checks.

Name: Shane Schakphoo

Height: 5'5"

Weight: 90lbs

Pokemon: Abra

Character Info:

Shane is a relatively attractive young woman from a high class family. She's skinny with a small tail and short, golden hair which is usually unkept as she's never out of bed for very long. Her 18 hour a day sleep habit dearly costs her social life but fortunately she rarely needs to study, freeing up precious time. Normally dressed in clothing a size too big she's not fond of anything uncomfortable as it's almost a guarantee she'll need to sleep in it.

Background:

Mr. and Mrs. Schakphoo, both Kadabras, moved to the Kanto region from India before Shane was born. Mr. Schakphoo is a practicing Ophthalmologist while Shane's mother works as a software engineer. They make their home in an affluent suburb outside Celadon City. Their high incomes meant Shane wanted for nothing but their devotion to their careers meant she didn't grow up with a lot of parental guidance. Their relationship with their daughter was distant due partially to her demanding sleep schedule but mostly due to their work and high expectations. From kindergarden onwards Shane was moved from private school to private school and rarely made friends. She was sent to the PCA in hopes of graduating with prestige behind her and a solid education in the sciences but she finds the highly competitive atmosphere distasteful. The closest thing she has to a friend in the school is the slightly annoying D student Poochyena named Derek Martinelli. In order to pad her resume with extracurriculars she offered to tutor Derek for a bench spot on his team, McJager Bomb, an agreement she now regrets.

Name: Benjamin Buford

Height: 5'7”

Weight: 160lbs

Pokemon: Zigzagoon

Character Info:

Benjamin is a portly Zigzagoon with a love for art. His fluffy tail and crazy fur are usually well covered by his dirty hippie jeans and oversized Jerry Garcia shirt. Naturally he has an affinity for sandals, preferring the velcro kind over leather straps. His hair is a long, brown, and usually well kept in spite of his otherwise sloppy appearance. He wears round glasses and frequently brags about his vinyl collection which, this being the PCA, has on one more than one occasion been misconstrued to mean a BDSM fetish. Benjamin however adamantly denounces these assertions and wishes all mons good vibes.

Background:

Ever since he was a youngster Benjamin loved art. He came from a diverse middle class household, his mother a Linoone and his father a Venusaur. Being a Venusaur his father was very much into the hippie movement of the 60s, something his adoring son latched on to. Known by many students to be a user, Benjamin frequently smokes up with his father at home and has on several occasions come to school completely tripping balls. On the other hand, Benjamin never lets his drug flings interfere with his schoolwork, least of all his artwork. With a love of music and painting, Ben is aspiring to become an art teacher and perhaps a recognized artist in his own right. Benjamin doesn't really enjoy battling as he's a pacifist but seeing as it'd get him a few free credits and would get him out of a second Algebra course (math being the only thing he loathes more than violence) he signed on to the team with the lowest expectations he could find, Team McJager Bomb.

what just happened

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

ahahaha