Thread: So, Latias is now an uber.

Beginning Trainer

Default So, Latias is now an uber.

Fun times.

In before everything it countered goes haywire and also become ubers.

In before all these pokemon becoming utterly useless because they can't compete with "real" ubers and a borderline OU/Uber tier is added.

Fuck smogon Latias is still OU in my books I will continue to let people use it as one.

Just out of curiosity, Kirby, who are you to "let" anything?
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Uh I read from the same people that appoved the banning of Latias that Salamance may very well be next.

Whats this shit!?

Dude, Salamence has few counters even in Uber.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Beginning Trainer

Salamence is really hard to counter.. The only decent way to kill it is by revenge killing it with a really fast choice scarfer like Jolteon or Starmie.

And revenge killing is not countering..
    When I think of countering, I think of entering battle the moment Salamence comes into battle without being one shotted if Salamence attempts to attack or holding enough speed to outrun it after a dragon dance..

One could let Jolteon come in, but if it Outrages or Earthquakes immediately, Jolteon is done for, even though it holds enough speed to outrun it.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg View Post
    Salamence is really hard to counter.. The only decent way to kill it is by revenge killing it with a really fast choice scarfer like Jolteon or Starmie.

And revenge killing is not countering..
    When I think of countering, I think of entering battle the moment Salamence comes into battle without being one shotted if Salamence attempts to attack or holding enough speed to outrun it after a dragon dance..

One could let Jolteon come in, but if it Outrages or Earthquakes immediately, Jolteon is done for, even though it holds enough speed to outrun it.
    no, because Weavile wouldn't be a suitable revenge killer...

Beginning Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    no, because Weavile wouldn't be a suitable revenge killer...
    You didn't even read my post, why do you post bullshit?

If Salamance drogondances youe explode or taunt to something to kill it. A revenge switch into any ice sharder should kill it off.

Salamance really isn't that great at all.Yes its a good dragon but its not uber any means. Its just as uber as a scizor blisssey or heatran.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

You didn't even read my post, why do you post bullshit?
    You used Jolteon and Starmie as examples - I thought Weavile would be the best example of a revenge killer to 'counter' Salamence. I read your post.

Beginning Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    You used Jolteon and Starmie as examples - I thought Weavile would be the best example of a revenge killer to 'counter' Salamence. I read your post.
    Anything that is fast and has an ice attack can revenge kill it, but few can actually "counter" it..

Countering implies your party survives.
    Revenge killing implies you lose one of your pokemon, to allow another to come in, unless we're dealing with coming in on a dragon dance with a choice scarf, which is actually just more luck dependant than anything because any decent combatant will order Salamence to attack if the opponent's revenge killer is still alive.

Salamence's move pool makes it hard to counter, but its typing makes it easy to revenge kill, which is why it's still an OU and not an uber.

Metagros could work well. I don't think fire blast will 2 hit ko it before it brings out and ice punch.

Beginning Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Metagros could work well. I don't think fire blast will 2 hit ko it before it brings out and ice punch.
    You don't have to think, you have to know.. Unless it's a defensive Metagross, it'll probably get one shotted by dragon dance earthquake and definitely two shotted by fire blast.

I often find suicide lead Aerodactyl dealing 60-70% damage with earthquake, that's with much less attack because Aerodactyl's base attack is much lower than Salamence, it's running Jolly and doesn't get that 50% attack boost like Salamence would. STAB isn't considered either.. No Life Orb either.

Makes me wonder if it's actually worth bothering with Ice Punch on a defensive Metagross.. And it'll be weak to Salamence in one way or another, because you absolutely need full HP EVs, and you'd have to split the defensive EVs so they won't reach their potential, so it'll take much damage anyway, so you're playing with luck here.

Not to mention, Metagross has its own demons to deal with.. Namely, Hidden Power Fire Magnezone which will wipe the floor with it if it knows Magnet Rise.. And since Magnezone will probably have higher speed than a defensive Metagross, good luck Earthquaking it. If you even have the possibility of having both Ice Punch and Earthquake in your moveset.

Magnezone has follown down in usuage. Also siturus berry my freind.

Does Dragonite scare you? Dragonfright's Avatar

Playing Shoddy, I've learned how to counter these stat boosting strategy's.

Jolteon w/ Focus Sash
    Thunder Wave
    Swagger
    Thunderbolt
    Wish

Make sure you have 252 Speed EV's on Jolteon and you Nature is Timid. The Focus Sash will help you live through one attack. Use a Thunder Wave first, then use Swagger. Parafusion rarely fails me, then I either heal myself with Wish or help attack the Pokemon to death along with the Confusion. Not sure if this was said, I was skimming the posts.

Warning: This may fail if the Speed stat has been raises to twice Jolteons Speed, but since Jolteons Speed is 394 with 252 Speed EV's and Timid Nature, it would be pretty difficult for that to happen.

What happens if there is a sandstorm?

or if a hippodon roared it out

Beginning Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfright View Post
    Playing Shoddy, I've learned how to counter these stat boosting strategy's.

Jolteon w/ Focus Sash
    Thunder Wave
    Swagger
    Thunderbolt
    Wish

Make sure you have 252 Speed EV's on Jolteon and you Nature is Timid. The Focus Sash will help you live through one attack. Use a Thunder Wave first, then use Swagger. Parafusion rarely fails me, then I either heal myself with Wish or help attack the Pokemon to death along with the Confusion. Not sure if this was said, I was skimming the posts.

Warning: This may fail if the Speed stat has been raises to twice Jolteons Speed, but since Jolteons Speed is 394 with 252 Speed EV's and Timid Nature, it would be pretty difficult for that to happen.
    Relying on luck to win?
    That's the lamest of the lamest tactics.

Just roar it out or take it like a man and die.

In all honestlyyouwould have better luck with soemthing that just would explode in its face to get rid of it.

Again metagross is a beast ice punch/stone edge should knock out a salamance that has already taken a few hits getting the dragon dance.

Does Dragonite scare you? Dragonfright's Avatar

Relying on luck to win?
    That's the lamest of the lamest tactics.

Just roar it out or take it like a man and die.
    I made my opinion, you don't like it, its your loss.

Beginning Trainer

Is Salamence even a suspect to go to Ubers? Or will it just stay in OU 'till the end of time?

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Betcha they make it an uber in Gen V by giving it death lasers or +50% attack with no detriments or something else utterly stupid.