[banner still pending]
Calling out to all spriters! Do you want to show off your spriting talent? Do you want to make it clear that you're the better spriter? Do YOU want to receive a crudely drawn trophy that I made myself? Well, two and a half out of three ain't too dang shabby. So here's the Weekly Spriting Contest*!
- Two winners will be determined each contest. The main winner is the one who creates the best sprite, in terms of originality and spriting ability. The second winner is the comedy prize. This will be given to any contestant whose entry is the funniest.
1. All entries must fit the theme. The Theme will be specified at the bottomish of the first post.
2. All entries should fit the size restraints. A DPPHGSS styled sprite is 80x80, a GSCRSEFRLG styled sprite is 64x64, and a RBYG styled sprite is 54x54.
3. I'd prefer if your entry has a transparent background. It is still acceptable for a white background, though, it's just not preferred. If you want to make a sprite transparent, use the programs Paint.NET, Graphics Gale, GIMP, www.iaza.com, or Adobe Photoshop. MS Paint cannot make something transparent.
4. All entries should be saved as a .png for not animated weeks, and a .gif for animated weeks. .bmp and .jpg/.jpeg distort the quality of the image, and program exclusive files cannot be uploaded to Photobucket, Imageshack, or Tinypic.
5. You may only enter one piece of artwork into the contest. You may slightly edit it, but once the week is over, you may not change it.
The third round is a disguise contest! Sprite a Pokemon in disguise as another Pokemon! The contest will end at 7:00 PM June 3rd by GMT-5. As in, you have until 1900hr on June 3rd to enter.
*Idea and part of the rules stolen from Smogon. It should not be assumed by the name that the contest will be running every week, and the management will not be held responsible for any postponements or cancellations of contests.