Thread: Weekly Spriting Contest #3

Default Weekly Spriting Contest #3

[banner still pending]

Calling out to all spriters! Do you want to show off your spriting talent? Do you want to make it clear that you're the better spriter? Do YOU want to receive a crudely drawn trophy that I made myself? Well, two and a half out of three ain't too dang shabby. So here's the Weekly Spriting Contest*!

- Two winners will be determined each contest. The main winner is the one who creates the best sprite, in terms of originality and spriting ability. The second winner is the comedy prize. This will be given to any contestant whose entry is the funniest.

Pariticipation Rules

1. All entries must fit the theme. The Theme will be specified at the bottomish of the first post.

2. All entries should fit the size restraints. A DPPHGSS styled sprite is 80x80, a GSCRSEFRLG styled sprite is 64x64, and a RBYG styled sprite is 54x54.

3. I'd prefer if your entry has a transparent background. It is still acceptable for a white background, though, it's just not preferred. If you want to make a sprite transparent, use the programs Paint.NET, Graphics Gale, GIMP, www.iaza.com, or Adobe Photoshop. MS Paint cannot make something transparent.

4. All entries should be saved as a .png for not animated weeks, and a .gif for animated weeks. .bmp and .jpg/.jpeg distort the quality of the image, and program exclusive files cannot be uploaded to Photobucket, Imageshack, or Tinypic.

5. You may only enter one piece of artwork into the contest. You may slightly edit it, but once the week is over, you may not change it.

---

The third round is a disguise contest! Sprite a Pokemon in disguise as another Pokemon! The contest will end at 7:00 PM June 3rd by GMT-5. As in, you have until 1900hr on June 3rd to enter.

*Idea and part of the rules stolen from Smogon. It should not be assumed by the name that the contest will be running every week, and the management will not be held responsible for any postponements or cancellations of contests.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

You're one hundred years too early to fight me.

Hmmm...
    I wonder who I can disguise..?

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

This is gonna be a tough one...

What if Team Magma DID catch Groudon?
    Wonder what measures they would do to hide it from the people.
    This would be one:

Disguise Groudon as a Giant Aggron!
    They'd put Aggron-like armor on Groudon's whole body!
    Except that Groudon's tail resembles no other tail in Pokemon, so they left it out and just painted it.
    Last edited by Transcode003; 06-01-2010 at 05:01 AM.

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

I won't win with this, but I did this sprite like 3 years ago just because I loved the concept of a Milotic Dragonair and so I'm recycling it now. ^^ Maybe if I feel like it I'll do some improvements later on in the week.

GAH I FELL ASLEEP I'M SORRY

Shame about the lack of entries. ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by Ninetails 009 View Post
    I dunno. It took me a while to see the Milotic in it. To me, it looks just like a repose.

Quote Originally Posted by Transcode003 View Post
    I like it. I can see the Groudon there. Nice job.

The winner is Transcode! Here's your shiny!

Next contest will be up in a bit.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Yay!
    Now me have shiney too!