• No, it's way too soon

8 44.44%
  • No, they were terrible games in general

5 27.78%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R/S Remake?

Hoenn was my favorite region.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

This poll needs an "Eh, maybe." option. I think Sapphire is fine as is, but giving it global wi-fi and stuff would be nice. However, the 2.5D graphics would ruin it for me. So no, no I don't want it. 'Twas a fine game, but any "improvements" would wreck it for me.

I think they should get rid of the 3D to unless they actually make it 3D-3D not this 2.5D that even DOOM in the 80s was capabil of.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

They're obviously not going to get rid of the 3D just because it's an awesome show of the DS's capabilities and they'd get criticized by every technological blowjob-giver in existence.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

I wonder how it'd look on the 3DS...

is good for you

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Its been fucking years since it came out the thing needs a remake. You guys got to have your fun with remakes of your games and now its our turn. Back when I was a kid Hoenn was where it was at not Joto and Kanto those came out when we where like 5.
    You never played them? Damn, that's my childhood right there mang, all the cool kids played that. Especially when we had our bro's to help us through it.

They NEED to remake it!!! I've been dying for them to remake it!!! If they made platinum version like... not even a year after D/P came out they should make R/S remakes since it's been a few years

No. I admit they were fun to some point, but they shouldn't be remade. I didn't like them and felt as if I had to push myself to beat the game.
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

Dragon Master Gary Is The Best!'s Avatar

Its been fucking years since it came out the thing needs a remake. You guys got to have your fun with remakes of your games and now its our turn. Back when I was a kid Hoenn was where it was at not Joto and Kanto those came out when we where like 5.
    I guess so...

just remake emerald(and have a sort of game dis abler if you try the cloning glitch)
    Yah,we need the battle pike and pyramid!(AND seismic toss!)

G/S are pretty much rubbish though!(I know someones going to like,kill me...)
    Platinum Friend Code:0217 1669 4837
    Time to click HERE to go to the best forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by KhaosMonsterEnergy View Post
    My brain is there I just don't use it

I honestly think all this G/S crap is all just nostagia. I mean I played through heartgold and was like "Ok this is just another pokemon game it really isn't that great what where these people talking about." And then they turn around and bash a game thats only what 3 years older with slightly better graphics. What the hell. I hate G/S groupies.

I think it just changes nostalgically. I personally enjoy every generation.

I do to. I am surprise God's pokemon generation didn't get pissed with this recent G/S crap.

is good for you

I am surprise God's pokemon generation didn't get pissed with this recent G/S crap.
    I really didn't undertand this sentance, explain if you will.

You would think all these pussies roaming around saying gold and silver where the best pokemon games ever would of pissed of the people who played the original shit.

Well GS came around the same generational time as RB (end of 90s), plus it also included Khanto. So really, it's just an upgraded RB

Quote Originally Posted by Raltsopenilianamus View Post
    They NEED to remake it!!! I've been dying for them to remake it!!! If they made platinum version like... not even a year after D/P came out they should make R/S remakes since it's been a few years
    Ugh. R/S came out so recently that you can still buy them off the shelf in EB Games. Go and buy the GBA version and stop making Nintendo ruin our childhood memories by rehashing classics. Leave it alone.

Third gen wasn't even that good anyway. No day/night? I mean come on, that's like going backwards. And how dare I not be allowed to name my rival.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

Point Pikatwo

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    Point Pikatwo
    Leave it alone?
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

Take it as a compliment.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

The mysterious phone call you get from Steven Stone and the.. abundant references to Hoenn would certainly suggest that they would at least be trying to get our hopes up for an R/S remake, if there is anybody who wants one.

All the storms that I've seen are countless reasons not to believe T-RaT's Avatar

I honestly think all this G/S crap is all just nostagia. I mean I played through heartgold and was like "Ok this is just another pokemon game it really isn't that great what where these people talking about." And then they turn around and bash a game thats only what 3 years older with slightly better graphics. What the hell. I hate G/S groupies.
    i think the main reason that people, including myself think that 2nd Gen was the best is because it was at a point where there were new pokemon but qwe weren't flooded with them, and there were new game mechanics that actually made sense, plus it had 2 regions in it and was so much longer storylinewise as a result, unfortunately before the remakes G/S/C didn't have much in Kanto, but there was a bit more in HG/SS which made it better

I liked all of them anyway, although i don't think D/P/Pt was that great as a game, but the stuff they added for that generation was pretty good, but actual gamewise i think that the games in Johto are the best

Also Hoemn games do NOT nedd a remake just yet, it needs quite a while, i mean what are they actually going to add to it? a few moves and pokemon and touch screen usage, nothing else has really changed, i don't see the point unless Gen 5 has some major changes from it, and i can't see it happening, but they will do it anyway eventually, but all of you making loads of Hype about it may easily get severly disappointed

Life begins as a quest of the child for the man and ends as a journey by the man to rediscover the child.

Up until a few years ago they still sold gold/silver games as well Pikatwo. I just stopped selling them becuase of the internal battery save problem. And that exact problem caused them to have no day and night in the third gen.

Guys it make not seem like it but they came out in 2002-2003 which if you think about it the new games come out in 2011 and 2012 is 10 years or a whole decade away from it. An entire decade people! I think anything thats going to be a decade only deserves a second shot. And in all honesty they wheren't that bad.

Dragon Master Gary Is The Best!'s Avatar

Up until a few years ago they still sold gold/silver games as well Pikatwo. I just stopped selling them because of the internal battery save problem. And that exact problem caused them to have no day and night in the third gen.

Guys it make not seem like it but they came out in 2002-2003 which if you think about it the new games come out in 2011 and 2012 is 10 years or a whole decade away from it. An entire decade people! I think anything that's going to be a decade only deserves a second shot. And in all honesty they weren't that bad.
    The games just need Wi-Fi and the BF back.
    Platinum Friend Code:0217 1669 4837
    Time to click HERE to go to the best forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by KhaosMonsterEnergy View Post
    My brain is there I just don't use it

All the storms that I've seen are countless reasons not to believe T-RaT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Is The Best! View Post
    The games just need Wi-Fi and the BF back.
    exactly, it has nothing to do with how long they have been out, it's more to do with what has changed since then, and there is little point remaking a game for 2 things to be added

Life begins as a quest of the child for the man and ends as a journey by the man to rediscover the child.

is good for you

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    The mysterious phone call you get from Steven Stone
    hmm?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast