Thread: Advice and Boasts

Default Advice and Boasts

In this thread, you put advice you have for pokemon gamers, and boast about stuff you achieved in the pokemon games.

I caught a GEODUDE in ROCK TUNNEL on LEAF GREEN with a Great Ball without weakening it AT ALL!Of course i was using a level 36 BLASTOISE...I also Had my starter fully evolved by the time I had 3 Badges! And when I fight a pokemon my BLASTOISE, BOWSER, has a type disadvantage against, I just throw out my BEEDRILL, Buzzer.

As for advice, Grind as much as you can, and you DEFINITELY need to catch a WEEDLE or a CATERPIE in VIRIDIAN FOREST if your starter is SQUIRTLE. If your starter is CHARMANDER, catch a PIKACHU. For BULBASAUR, I would recommend buying the MAGIKARP sold in the POKECENTER outside MT. MOON, and then catch a GEODUDE. No matter what your starter is, Make ABSOLUTELY SURE to Overlevel. Actually, just buy the MAGIKARP regardless of your starter. And if you need money, catch a MEOWTH, Train it untill it learns PAY DAY, and just wander around in VIRIDIAN FOREST, using PAY DAY like crazy. All this advice Only applies to FIRE RED and LEAF GREEN.

Sheesh. I said A LOT. Usually I can't even find the right words to say. Count yourself lucky.
    snabakl:lol:

is good for you

I caught a shiny graveler and golbat in the same day! *orgasm*

Quote Originally Posted by Celery View Post
    I caught a shiny graveler and golbat in the same day! *orgasm*
    Great. Any advice for other readers?

P.S.
    Snabakl.

All the storms that I've seen are countless reasons not to believe T-RaT's Avatar

i caught Suicune on heart gold on the first turn with an ultra ball, and on diamond i did the same with Mesprit but with a fast ball

also as for catching a bug if you start with squirtle, i don't see the point, it doesn't come in handy at all, not compared to a pikachu anyway, and that's only needed for the gyms

Life begins as a quest of the child for the man and ends as a journey by the man to rediscover the child.

Quote Originally Posted by T-RaT View Post
    i caught Suicune on heart gold on the first turn with an ultra ball, and on diamond i did the same with Mesprit but with a fast ball

also as for catching a bug if you start with squirtle, i don't see the point, it doesn't come in handy at all, not compared to a pikachu anyway, and that's only needed for the gyms
    I find 'em handy. And today I REALLY got lucky. Lots of 777 in the Rocket Game Corner.

All the storms that I've seen are countless reasons not to believe T-RaT's Avatar

on the original ones you could just keep tapping a and you automatically won more eventually, i took about 50 coins before you start winning but ehn it just shoots up, it's brilliant

Life begins as a quest of the child for the man and ends as a journey by the man to rediscover the child.

is good for you

Why would you play the slots when you could just buy all of the coins you need?

Dragon Master Gary Is The Best!'s Avatar

I caught Ho-oh with a dusk ball,and in D/P(in P)I had a crobat lvl 60 before the fighting GL!
    Platinum Friend Code:0217 1669 4837
    Time to click HERE to go to the best forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by KhaosMonsterEnergy View Post
    My brain is there I just don't use it

Quote Originally Posted by Celery View Post
    Why would you play the slots when you could just buy all of the coins you need?
    because i can leave it pressing a and get them all for free

because i can leave it pressing a and get them all for free
    I prefer the "Non-Cheating Way".

it's not cheating, i could do it myself but i have a bobbing chicken a stick and some tape, so i can get the chicken to press a constantly so i play the slots all day without watching, and i just happen to win, it's not my fault the game mechanics give me money for it

it's not cheating, i could do it myself but i have a bobbing chicken a stick and some tape, so i can get the chicken to press a constantly so i play the slots all day without watching, and i just happen to win, it's not my fault the game mechanics give me money for it
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! THAT'S HOW YOU WIN!?
    YOU MAKE THE CHICKEN PLAY FOR YOU!? HAHAHAHAHAHA! (I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at how you play the slots.) I prefer to rely on my slightly unreliable timing, which is actually pretty good when I'm playing on the slots. Well, when I'm set up for a 777 that is.

not as good as my chicken's timing, they were stupid enough to make it so they are evenly spaced out, so if you can make it so there is exactly the same time difference between each time you press a you win loads, the chicken HAS to have the same time difference
    LOTS OF MONEYS

*sigh* You know, this isn't what this topic is for.

yeah it is, it's an intellectual discussion of how best to play the game corner, it comes under the advice category, plus i was bragging about my awesome chicken

yeah it is, it's an intellectual discussion of how best to play the game corner, it comes under the advice category, plus i was bragging about my awesome chicken
    The bragging about the chicken is fine, this is just supposed to be for GIVING GENERAL ADVICE as well, not arguing about the best way to do something.

I have over 800 hours on my Platinum.

If you want a ditto go to the trophey garden to the boss. Save in front of him. Then talk to him if he stalks it with a non-ditto pokemon turn the game off then on and talk to him again. Once he says "ditto" then save. Then never talk to him again EVER and dittos will always be found rarish/uncommon in the garden.