Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Musical talents/passions?

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Default Musical talents/passions?

I took piano lessons for 6 years. Never got into it (perhaps it was the dull classical music). I took drum lessons after my mom noticed me beating out with my fingers when there was music and when there wasn't. But Inever had the time to do anything serious

I've been told I'm a skilled lyricist and rapper, though, which surprises me because I never really got into rap that much (although lately I have been listening to some lighter rap).

Autistic Lucario

I've got my own one-man orchestra in my computer. I have a MIDI notation program that lets me place the notes and the instruments as little (or big) colored bars.

Now, if only I knew how to work Soundfonts (the things that turn MIDI music into something more realistic).

I have no interest for music. Its a completly pointless industry that does nothing for humanity. Fuck even the drug trade has some use. All it does it get a selected few of people get rich off there ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I have no interest for music. Its a completly pointless industry that does nothing for humanity. Fuck even the drug trade has some use. All it does it get a selected few of people get rich off there ass.
    So's the game industry.

Atleast more then 1 person gets rich a group of 200 Japanese people get rich helping the global ecomony. You have seen those long ass credits at the end of every game.

Um... Orchestras, sound editors, musical engineers, record companies, cover designers, CD factory employees, copyright lawyers, MP3 player companies, music store owners

It has a limited industry yes. But a VERY limited imdustry. Overall the whoel thing just serves no purpose. Why buy that record or ipod? Why!? Its competely pointless. Atleast games kill time and crack gets you high.

This reminds me of another argument I just had.

http://pokedream.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14896

Fuck shit niggerspit. Bumblebee's Avatar

thiiis just put you on my ignore list. I never want to see someone speak of art this way again.

ss for me, I started to learn guitar, but got so busy I couldn't find the time to continue with lessons. once I find the time (more specifically, a stable place to live ) I want to get back into it. but what I have a passion for is singing. nothing makes me happier <3

What genre do you like to sing?

All the storms that I've seen are countless reasons not to believe T-RaT's Avatar

i never really got into playing music myself, i just listen to it all the time to the point where it is pretty much my life

and Kirby WTF are you going on about, shut up

Life begins as a quest of the child for the man and ends as a journey by the man to rediscover the child.

I just hate the whole music industry.

All the storms that I've seen are countless reasons not to believe T-RaT's Avatar

well then why are you in the MUSIC discussion!?

Life begins as a quest of the child for the man and ends as a journey by the man to rediscover the child.

To display my hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    What genre do you like to sing?
    I do best with folk and rock. Think Ingrid Michaelson and Paramore

Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar

Yea... Kirby's a definite troll. He's purposely thinking up ways to irritate us because he gets a kick out of it. He has no real personality so this is what he resorts to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    Im growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.
    - Snakes on a Plane (As if spoken by a proper Englishman)

even so, that post disgusted me. I'm the kind of person that lives and breathes music, so...

so you all DISPISE me because I am a music fan

you all sheep everyone of you

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

so you all DISPISE me because I am a music fan

you all sheep everyone of you
    can you ever write with any intelligence or grammatic attention?

anyway

in short: music is my life.

i play piano, guitar, bass (guitar), cello, euphonium, marimba, (some) percussion, and i'm a vocalist.

i really don't have any 1 genre, but i am fond of playing Nu-Metal, Lo-Fi, Progressive, Psychedelic rock, and anything by queens of the stone age/them crooked vultures

i'm hoping to be in a recording company once i finish college.

your welcome

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

not as hardcore as patbdw when it comes to instruments, but i took up guitar when i was ten or eleven and i was fairly fanatical about it until i hit thirteen and i was wiped out by school and god knows whatever else i went through. earlier this year though, i took it back up and having the basics down, i've been teaching myself to play be ear. will probably get lessons next year but for now i'm content just going at my own pace.

got forced to take piano lessons when i was seven and you know how the story goes. if you're forced into something, you ain't gonna like it. when i started playing the guitar though, i realised what an overrated instrument it was and how classy the piano was so i used to play it without knowing what i was doing whenever i was alone. i started getting lessons about a month ago and i'm making RAPID PROGRESS according to my teacher.

my friends also call me a 'ukulele champ' and i've played a double bass casually before. i've also held a vox teardrop bass (one that belonged to the bass player in souxie and the banshees before) and i liked the feel of it but i've never gone further than that.

i used to say i could sing pretty well but now i call myself a vocalist (it sounds classier) but i only really started singing PROPER this year.

so i started a band aware that it was going to crash and burn. aware that my bandmates were not musical prodigies, i make the decision to focus on indie rock and roll for the most part but a few days ago i just said 'fuck it' and severed all ties with the band. i plan to form another one within the next three years (probably when i'm nineteen after i get a better handle on the piano/guitar) and we'll play a mixture of genres. i've had a weird musical upbringing; my dad introduced me to rock n' roll so that's mostly my HOMETOWN MUSIC i suppose but i've also fell in love with jazz; indie rock and roll; soul; r n' b; dance; pop; disco and sorta 40's esque acoustic music you'd see from the righteous brothers or james taylor (and yes i'm aware he's more 70's but whatever).

so, yeah. i love music and kirby's an idiot or a really bad troll WHO KNOWS REALLY?

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    so, yeah. i love music and kirby's an idiot or a really bad troll WHO KNOWS REALLY?
    kirb doeesnt even know, i'm sure...

but nice little personal history of musical experience lordy

we all should collaborate on some musical project! like, some gigantic "Pass the mp3" where we add an instrument personal to the player or vocal track (w/ lyrics) and pass it along to the next participant!

it would be pretty awesome!

your welcome

kirbys autistic

i cant do shit with music. i've been meaning to try to play the harmonic and trumpet forever and probably will once i have the money to buy some decent ones.

id love to play the piano but my hands arent dexterous enough

I psychologist said I ain't got nothing wrong with me.

hahaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast