Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scientia.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Default Scientia.

No idea what suddenly inspired this, but recently I've developed a thirst for knowledge. Basically, post in this thread to talk about something you know really well or something you're passionate about. Just educate us, I guess.

Will post in a bit about serial killing. That's always fun.

is good for you

dinosaurs are big some are as big as 2 story buildings

Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar

aerogel is the lightest, or least dense solid on Earth. It is sometimes even lighter than AIR ITSELF. The significance is that it can support tremendously heavy objects. NASA is currently using this material for capturing high velocity particles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    Im growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.
    - Snakes on a Plane (As if spoken by a proper Englishman)

:D How the Dinosaurs Died

The meat eating dinosaurs over ate so much that they ran out of food, but after searching for a long time, they couldn't find a good resource. So all the dinosaurs decided that they must dig to eat.
    However, the wholes that they dug were so deep and ill made that piles of dirt caved in and buried them alive.
    That is why today we find many dinosaurs buried in the ground.
    The End.
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

I have always wondered about that large eruption before the cambrain period that killed more life than the meteor that killed the dinosaurs. No one has ever explained to me why? Whats the cause? And why is no one searching into the extinction that was more important than the dinosaurs dieing? Its some sort of conspiracy!

if anyone wants to ask me anything about why communism is better than capitalism, be my guest!

is good for you

Acids, as generally viewed as "stuff that burns" is actually the main component of life itself, such as amino acids (protein) and deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA).

biology is one of the things i REALLY want to learn in-depth when i have the time, that and particle physics

DNA and digital theory actually share a lot in common, but the amino acids can potentially store and hold more data than any chip could. The reason is that in Digital theory, we have binary, 1's and 0's (better known as "on's" and "off's"). These on's and off's are what make our computers run programs, make images, surf the web, and listen to music.
    DNA on the other hand, has 4 acids, or 2 pairs, that can act like the binary language. Research is being done to make a chip that has more than just on's and off's... from these new chips we may get quantum computers.

;]

The day when machines are as smart as humans is the day when we all must party our last.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    The day when machines are as smart as humans is the day when we all must party our last.

Just shut up Kirby! We've heard your ramble of this already, it doesn't need to be brought up again. It's silly.
    So.... shut the fuck up!
    Next question!

;]

is good for you

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    biology is one of the things i REALLY want to learn in-depth when i have the time, that and particle physics
    I was really interested about marine biology before, but now biology in general interests me. Now about why communism is better than capitalism...

Quote Originally Posted by leo33wii View Post

Just shut up Kirby! We've heard your ramble of this already, it doesn't need to be brought up again. It's silly.
    So.... shut the fuck up!
    Next question!
    Jesus calm down.

Its just scary to think that in only 50 year there could be a computer that can outsmart a human.

is good for you

ugh being able to "hold" more data does not mean it's smarter. True intelligence lies in potential.

Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar

Okay, so we have the ability to create Artificial Intelligence, but we also have the ability to destroy it. There's no reason to be scared. Unless you implant the intelligence into heavily armed vessels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    Im growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.
    - Snakes on a Plane (As if spoken by a proper Englishman)

We already have computers like that one PD was messing with a few months back that could learn and have a comversation with you.

If we make virtual cells out robots they could clearly come to have great intellegence.

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Okay, so we have the ability to create Artificial Intelligence, but we also have the ability to destroy it. There's no reason to be scared. Unless you implant the intelligence into heavily armed vessels.
    Some robot already control out nukear subs man. Its not a joke. What happens when its smart enough to go "What the hell am I doing this for?"

damn it, just damn it...

Well, scientist have already created an artificial life form, whose parent is a computer. They were able to create a simple celled creature using a computer to make a synthetic DNA sequence. A single celled bacteria's DNA was removed and the artificial one transplanted. The cell was able to reboot and load this new data and actually divide and live.
    So we know we can make life. The real question lies in who we are. Are we a by product of the human mind, like a ghost in the machine or do we actually have a soul? And in either case, can we artificially replicate this?

So far we have yet to do this.
    Right now, the mechanics that we know wont make a machine efficient enough to last a long time. But I'm sure if it were aware, it would be able to make itself evolve and improve itself. But if we never reach that level, then how can we destroy ourselves?

What I stated before is that biological cells can store more data than any computer chip to date. That is why research is being conducted to study the natural world and try to create a new type of chip that can store as much information.

;]

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Ask me about scientology, arguments for or against creationism, and philosophy.

I'm also more knowledgeable tha most on mental illnesses.

Also anthropology.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    solly if i were to have a mental illness what would it be? based on what you know of me and my personality. give me a good paragraph.
    Hmmm.... well in all honesty I'd say bipolar disorder. At one point you're quite chill, then the next moment you're balls-of-the-walls reviving threads, flaming up Dogar, and just generally saying random things. Unless you're asking for a personality disorder (which is mainly environmental causes), then I'd have to go with Histrionic Personality Disorder. That is, the need to be the center of attention. Based on your actions of posting a response to every thread, even when you have nothing constructive to say, tells me that you have this need to be listened by everybody. Histrionic personality disorder is also characterized by excessive need for approval (your posting of lists and challenging of leadership or social structure shows that you seek the approval of other posters at a very extreme level) as well as over-the-top seductivenes (this you do).

Sociopaths show no normal emotions. Of course, it's hard to tell through a computer screen, and they're pretty good at acting, but I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    though the points you bring up don't really make much sense. it's up to you if you want to have a friendly debate over it, but i won't argue them if you don't want me to seeing as i asked in the first place. in general it's an okay assumption, just for the wrong reasons.
    I never said you had a mental illness. I just said if you did from what I could tell by your posting habits this is what I would guess.

Mmhmm.... And how does this make you feel?

Trolling your own forum? Man, you're bored.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast