Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scientia.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

I'd think you're Walrus right now, but you seem to be in cahoots with Lord and that's making me think otherwise.

Seriously. You're sounding a lot like her right now.

So now you're the short?

I mean the shrink. Jeez, my mind HAS been rather messed-up lately.

So, Justin, what's your area of study?

is good for you

Oooh, solly if I where an animal what would I be?

Quote Originally Posted by Celery View Post
    Oooh, solly if I where an animal what would I be?
    A stick of celery of course!

is good for you

being at the bottom of the food chain sucks, I wish this new communist thing would take over already.

But, y'know, then there's no motivation to BE a stick of celery. Of course, a few good souls will still take it up, but most will take the easy way out.

Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    Seriously. You're sounding a lot like her right now.
    I was talking with Rebecca on facebook, and she tells me she'll never post on PD again. Even regrets coming here in the first place. So, she's out of the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    Im growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.
    - Snakes on a Plane (As if spoken by a proper Englishman)

Rebecca?

WALRUS
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    Im growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.

who cares about walrus?

I do.. I happen to be an old friend of hers.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 07-01-2010 at 08:45 AM. Reason: I like pie

I think a lot of people care about walrus

kirby shut up

why does she regret coming here though?

I never asked. We were commenting eachother in big blocks of text so I kinda forgot to question her on it.

i suppose because of the heartbreak due to her unrequited love of fullmetal

Wait.. when did she stop being asexual?

I think she just had secret feelings for me.

Fuck shit niggerspit. Bumblebee's Avatar

oh that Casey and Rebecca, what strange children they are

Casey was stranger.. but a lovable kind of strange

is good for you

No way in hell this will die

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

I was actually going to post in this tonight, now that I can write my serial killer post properly.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

serial killing has fascinated me since i first heard of who is probably the most famous one of them all, jack the ripper. i was nine years old and i didn't have a lot of patience to learn things, but i enjoyed going to my local libraries and renting out books about conspiracy theories, the paranormal and the like. one such day, i was with my friend fionn, boasting to him how much i knew about the art of serial killing (most of it was made up; i didnt have a clue), so he got a book from the library and we read it together. i didnt understand any of it and neither did he. it was written like eragon but we showed off our intelligence by pretending we understood it.

my interest for this topic was only revitalized about half a year ago after watched a movie on mark chapman... who actually isnt a serial killer. ive been researching a lot of things since then but i seem to remember this quite well because im so enthralled by it.

so here's the common day entry level knowledge of serial killers:

- to be branded one, you have to kill at least 3 people within a 30 day period. usually there will be breaks to 'cool down' in between the killings.

- they are either extremely intelligent or very very stupid. one of the extremes. they tend to be sociopathic and when they start to kill they become psychopathic.

- they dont do it on the spur of the moment. serial killing is developed from a terrible childhood.

---

sadly, what most people believe off the bat is wrong. the only proper fact right there is the first one. everything else is just widely believed because there's so many things that state it. its sort of like saying 'hey guys i have a cat, a dog and a cow, lets group everything we know about them to find out why they never stop acting territorial.' and then another guy saying 'well they all have 4 legs and they all have ears, this must be the reason.' in reality these animals do it because they have genetically manufactured to do it via instinct; it helps them survive.

just as there are different types of animals, there are also different types of serial killers. the most commonly accepted list is the following:

- visionary motive. this serial killer is insane. sorta like charles manson or that japanese chap who thought he was a modern day messiah, there are chemicals in their brains that are fabricating voices in their heads, telling them to kill. in rare cases, the killers also see visions.

- mission orientated. this is who id be most scared of. he seems to be an ok member of society to everyone around him, but he secretly he harvests a hate for certain groups of individuals (gays, blacks, etc).

- hedonistic. this guy is normally the very stupid one. there are exceptions who can get away with it for years, but normally he gets caught very soon. he acts impulsively and does the killing for fun. he rarely thinks his killings through and leaves mounds of evidence.

- lust killer. this is quite a disturbing type. he kills because it sexually arouses him. he tends to torture a lot, getting more turned on by the pain. common victims are prostitutes because they are so easy to capture/no one cares if they disappear.

when asking a common day person what sorta killer theyd be, it'd be uncommon not to here 'id do it for the thrill'. thats how the media portrays them and thats how we grow up with the reality of serial killers; if everything sticks to the plan, there's nothing to be scared of. when you here something else, your friend is either quite odd or has some serious fetishes. or both.

I CARE WHEN PROSTITUTES DISAPPEAR
    derp

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast