Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Convince me of macro-evolution

Default Convince me of macro-evolution

I'm not looking for a debate; I'm looking for knowledge. Nothing I've ever read/seen/heard out has ever put across points that didn't seem to be like bullshitting on a massive scale.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

It's the simplest explainable way it could've happened.

The end.

No God made everything is the simplest way anything could've happened. And why support evolution in general when all you have to say in its support is "it makes sense to me" or "its backed by the SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY". Totally goes against reason and logic.

Registered Users Regular

Rayne do you believe in God?

Sure why not.

Registered Users Regular

No seriously though I'm not using ? for no reason.

Sure why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    No God made everything is the simplest way anything could've happened. And why support evolution in general when all you have to say in its support is "it makes sense to me" or "its backed by the SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY". Totally goes against reason and logic.
    1)Assuming that any being created life would mean mean that the thing would have to be more complicated than us. Therefore, however much unlikely evolution is, the existence of any creator would HAVE to be more unlikely. Self-generation is the simplest explanation.

2)People have FAITH in god. People have TRUST in scientists. Scientists use a system of empirical evdience and demonstorable technique that brings us everyday technological and medical advances. Deities have been proven to not provide empirical evidence of their existence, or are just trying really hard not to be believed in. We might as well humor this god who doesn't want to exist.

Registered Users Regular

Religion is serious shit Rayne. Saying God made everything ain't good enough this ain't no fairy tail. Your two word reply tells me you aren't serious about this. Or your just blindly believing this shit. How do you know what you believe in ain't all passed around for generations being retold and remade many times. In other words the bible. As for me I don't believe in religion a man made concept a higher being could be possible though. True faith is what is really their not any sort of system.

I believe in evolution enough proven science is moderately believable. The main reason I think and know it's a reality is for evolution is a step up, and everyone grows higher generation after generation. This conversation wouldn't even pass before the 1960's or something like that.

I just live life.

Stop being generic internet evolutionists; I don't give a shit about what your views on faith or god are, Solly or Pokegun. I'm not asking anyone to debunk Creationism. I want you to substantiate macroevolution. Explain how the buildup of variation actually causes former members of one species to stop reproducing with that species entirely. Explain how relatively massive mutations like the emergence of entirely new sense organs can just simply 'pop up'.

Being the 'simplest way to explain it' isn't good enough. It's a kick in the balls to anyone who ever thought that a scientific conclusion could be explain in terms of actual factual logic.

I'm doubting whether either of you even know what 'macro-evolution' actually is.

That's just a stupid explanation Solly.

Here's one to think about:
    God created EVERYTHING science proved to be. The big bang and so forth. God made so that we can evolve and advance. It's nothing less than a master's vision of life, in all its splendor.
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

Registered Users Regular

I'm the last person to be a "generic internet evolutionist" the only reason I said this is cause you seem like you are under some religious cult. Unless you were just fucking around. I don't know to much about this shit just expressing myself.

I said god may exist. nothing more. This topic isn't about god. Only you three seem content in bringing creationism up. I never asked for it.

Stop being generic internet evolutionists; I don't give a shit about what your views on faith or god are, Solly or Pokegun. I'm not asking anyone to debunk Creationism. I want you to substantiate macroevolution. Explain how the buildup of variation actually causes former members of one species to stop reproducing with that species entirely. Explain how relatively massive mutations like the emergence of entirely new sense organs can just simply 'pop up'.

Being the 'simplest way to explain it' isn't good enough. It's a kick in the balls to anyone who ever thought that a scientific conclusion could be explain in terms of actual factual logic.

Evolution is the adaption of a species to it's environment. When a species migrates far enough, the environment (climate, location, weather, habita, etc.) will change. That species will have to adapt to it. Even the way a species captures it's food will cause it to evolve.
    Example:
    Animals that need to chase it's prey will have to be fast. So all the animals who's genetically slower then the other species will malnourish, thus, natural selection will not favor them. There genes wil bel removed from the pool and species mentioned in this example will evolve to something else.
    ALSO
    Those animals who cannot run, will have to find a new source of food or die out. They may gather nuts or fruit. So then they will keep those genetics while the "speed gene" will be removed from their family tree.
    This is where we have a split and two new species appear (or not if they die out).
    (Obviously this isn't an istant thing, it happens over thousands of years.)
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

Registered Users Regular

I said god may exist.

Where?

You brought God in.

I never asked for it ether you ain't got a damn clue how much I hate this shit

I'm not going to write a 2000 page thesis stating the evolutionary process step-by-step on this forum. I'll make you a reading list:

-Grade 6 science textbook
    -Grade 7 science textbook
    -Grade 8 Science textbook
    -Grade 9 science textbook
    -Grade 10 biology textbook
    -Grade 11 biology textbook
    -Grade 12 biology textbook

If you want an actual explanation on the proofs of evolution as well as a step-by-step process, then read Richard Dawkins's Greatest Show on Earth. Yeah, I know, atheist propaganda Richard Dawkins, but it's still the shortest explanatory book i can think of.

I said god may exist. nothing more. This topic isn't about god. Only you three seem content in bringing creationism up. I never asked for it.
    lol

I can see what you're doing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegun!!! View Post
    I never asked for it ether you ain't got a damn clue how much I hate this shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokegun!!! View Post
    Rayne do you believe in God?
    @leo: Yes. That's micro-evolution. It makes perfect sense. Now how do these accumulated variation result in a species changing to the point where its not able to reproduce with its prior forms is the question I'm asking.

@Solly: if you don't know anything, why the fuck are you in my topic?

@Solly: if you don't know anything, why the fuck are you in my topic?
    Are you retarded, trolling, or trying to make some kind of vague point?

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    lol

I can see what you're doing here.
    <_<

that was just an example to point out that evolution isn't as simple as a being just making everything.... a point you brought up, a point that didn't have anything to do with any of my queries. And you're still wondering why I keep ignoring your attempts to argue with me on that topic: I don't care.

Registered Users Regular

It's called a simple question nigga something you can't take. Go to yahoo answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    Are you retarded, trolling, or trying to make some kind of vague point?
    you don't know what macro-evolution is. Why are you giving me your mock reading list

you both are retarded. leo was the only one who provided the a half decent response to this thread.

<_<

that was just an example to point out that evolution isn't as simple as a being just making everything.... a point you brought up, a point that didn't have anything to do with any of my queries. And you're still wondering why I keep ignoring your attempts to argue with me on that topic: I don't care.
    All I'm saying is that it's the simplest explanation. Do you have an alternative explanation? No (besides "God did it", which was the only alternative explanation and which I explained was counter-intutitive). So the only rational option is to say that macro-evolution is the best explanation, and therefore shoudl be believed. Unless you see something wrong with macro-evolution, which I'll explain to you. I just don't wnat to explain the whole construct of the principle, because that would take about 3 or 4 hours to type at minimum.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast