Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 13

Default Final Fantasy 13

Opinions. Did you enjoy the game or did the hype of the game led you to hate it.

*Both Made by Ph3nom*

With These Hands, I Can Take Life. With Our Body We Can Make Life. Doesn’t That Make Us Godly.

Don't leave flowers after I'm dead. Arta Lorraine's Avatar

Holy shit this game is great in some aspects and it's really bad in others.

First of all, what FF game is 25 hours? If you're going to make it uber Linear, then you might as well extend it. Jesus Christ, 35 Hours?

Second of all, Vanille, go kill yourself. No one cares about you, Aussie fag.

Third of all, Lightning. You were barely a main character, they tried to hard to make you guys seem like an ensemble, you didnt get enough spotlight, while Vanille, Hope and Snow whored for it.

I honestly can say I hated p. much all the characters. And, yeah.

But, the redeeming qualities are the graphics, plot, gameplay, etc.

Anyways, should've just been a standalone game, I am disappoint.

7/10

I felt Sazh was funny and being the most down-to-earth of everyone in the main group. Hope was good too.

The combat system.Being unable to control your characters movement lead to them being hit by attacks that should have missed or should have been easily dodged. They also should have allowed you change party leaders during battle. Its very annoying when the character you control dies and its
    game over even while your party members still have some Hp.

*Both Made by Ph3nom*

With These Hands, I Can Take Life. With Our Body We Can Make Life. Doesn’t That Make Us Godly.

looks not like a ff at all, probably wouldnt like it

FF is a lame franchise. It's like reading a drama book (with plot twist that even M.Knight.Shemalasaksaiaohasjnas can be ashamed of). They're predictable and silly. And they say things to confuse people for the sake of confusion.

But really, it's like reading a book, but pushing a button for a voice to read what you have already read. Oh, and playing the fight scenes that consist of pushing more of the same button.
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

Don't leave flowers after I'm dead. Arta Lorraine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    It wasn't, except for the cameo Summon Spirit Vehicles.

Registered Users Regular Bluebabe kitten's Avatar

I agree. Also, what is with them making Lightning so she can be like a female version of Cloud? No, I am not joking with this. I like all the final fantasy games of the main series up to Final Fantasy X (except for II, which I never played but I have high expectations for it. I have it but my Playstation is being dumb and the Playstation 2 won't play or save data on some circumstances). I remember playing XII, and it was so confusing. I'm used to the traditional turn-based games of this series so I had no idea what I was doing, I didn't even know how to attack people. At first I was excited about FFXIII to come out but now I could really care less about it. Square needs to step up before they don't end like some of these others companies that were successful and suddenly stopped putting any REAL EFFORT into their games. Examples: Sega, and Bandai & Namco one they became one company.
    Pairs:
    Eve
    Fallen Wings
    Atomika

http://digi-geek.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by leo33wii View Post
    FF is a lame franchise. It's like reading a drama book (with plot twist that even M.Knight.Shemalasaksaiaohasjnas can be ashamed of). They're predictable and silly. And they say things to confuse people for the sake of confusion.

But really, it's like reading a book, but pushing a button for a voice to read what you have already read. Oh, and playing the fight scenes that consist of pushing more of the same button.
    Hm. Well, do you play rpgs?
    Pairs:
    Eve
    Fallen Wings
    Atomika

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

I'm on the final boss and just never felt like finishing it. XIII felt like it was missing something the whole way through. Probably an overworld map.

Verses will likely be better though, so I'm waiting for that.

pichubro have you still not played any of the real ff games

That depends.

Does XII count?

absolutely not

Then no. I haven't.

Well first pichubro what consoles do you have? If you have the SNES it's possible for you to find FF4 and FF6. It not then you could always get the PS1 versions but they're some seem to be watered down. Example: FFV, I'm currently playing the original on a emulator. If your PS3 has backward capability or if it doesn't and you have a PS2 then just get Final Fantasy X first. A very good game, and the last true Final Fantasy game in the series as far as I've seen. XII's battle system is what really bugged me, couldn't stand it so I turned it off.

Personally I think FFI-FFX were the only real ones, honestly. I've been playing FFV(PS1 version too.), 6, 9, 4, and 2 as of lately.
    Pairs:
    Eve
    Fallen Wings
    Atomika

Many of the series conventions are either highly modified or simply thrown out the window; no sidequests to undertake until about 30 hours into the adventure, no towns to explore, and all of your shopping is done from save points. The summons ability to turn into drivable racecars and motorcycles is bizarre.

Conventions such as

-Unlimited Magic (Why buy potions and phoenix downs when your white magic is unlimited. Made the game to easy.)

-illusion of freedom

-Limited and restricting strategy

*Both Made by Ph3nom*

god i dont want to play this game. i mean i will if i ever get a ps3(extremely unlikely) just cos, but im almost dreading it.

god i dont want to play this game. i mean i will if i ever get a ps3(extremely unlikely) just cos, but im almost dreading it.
    Something telling me you wouldn't like Final Fantasy Dissidia either.

*Both Made by Ph3nom*

Beginning Trainer

I really enjoy this game..

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

I got this and am playing it now. I'm up to Chapter 11 in the Archylte Steppe in Gran Pulse. Sazh and Fang are completely useless characters in terms of combat, Vanille is annoying, the plot lacks depth, the mythology is stupid, everything is monotonous and predictable. One thing I would say is that the relationship between Cocoon and Pulse does seem to mirror that of the relationship of the U.S. with the Middle East, but I wouldn't give Square Enix the credit for that accidental topical reference. This is the first Final Fantasy game I've played in my life, and I'm not impressed.

hicky play real final fantasy games, get 7 8 and 9

Final Fantasy VI.... every one of you, go dl an emulator and get it... IV is also decent....and I can recommend the original game as well... 9 had it's good points, 7 is a good game, but it's not as great as the hype... everything afterwards is....ish.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

6 and 9 were fucking fantastic.

i legit feel bad for anyone who doesnt see whats so great about ff7. its not so much that its good as a 'video game' but that its good as a work of art. the settings, themes and ambiance are brilliant and it has tons of cool little quirks, moments and bits of humor. its really sad that they dont know how to make final fantasies like that anymore.

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

the overworld looked sickly in 7. FF4 and 6 (jap)/3 (american) is where its at

your welcome

FFVI is probably my favorite.

Though I had some fun playing FFII.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast