top 10 most well designed pokemon
(this applies to their design, and not necessarily their usefulness)
10. scizor: the red iron clad demon himself. the design was genius. a red, spiky, huge-clawwed beast that made scyther look like a baby's toy.
9. gyrados: i know what everyone thought when they first saw this in red and blue: what is that thing that my rival "cocksuck" has, and how do i get one?.. and little did we know... that the piece of shit we tossed aside once we got out of mt. moon, would become a legendary force of gaming nature. chinese dragons are always cool. nuff said.
8. latios/latias: gimmicks done right. these two were the reason to buy both games. the designs were simple, and very effective. they looked like they were cutesy, but they would definitely kick ass when they needed too. and boy did they...
7. houndoom: a firey hellbeast that kids got their hands on. he's always looked kick-ass, and he always will.
6. luxray: probably the most useless one on the list... but boy does it look cool. especially the shiny luxray. its a super sayain pokemon! holy crap is that cool!
5. umbreon: less is more. this is one of the most effective designs for any pokemon ever. he is the most plain of all of the eeveelutions. he has no huge gimmicks like static hair, gills, flames, or crazy dual tails. he has humble rings, and a humble face. his style is sleek, simple, and beautiful.
4. lugia: a legendary that caused silver to be sold 60% more than gold. and he sold out tickets to pokemon 2000, because he was the main attraction. lugia. kicks. ass.
3. ursaring: the pokemon that slapped trainers back down to reality. it is a huge, angry-ass bear. most trainers who got teddiursa expected a cutesy evolution, but no. they got a bloodthirsty, gigantic, dangerous beast, that not only excels in simplicity, but in awesomeness.
2. aggron: who would have thought that when you leveled up that little doll with a hub cap for a face would become such an awesome dragon-like monster? it wasnt as unexpected as ursaring, but damn was it cool to look at.
1. nidoking: the pokemon that everyone wanted. i have to ask... how many people went through fire red and leaf green by only training nidoking and giving him every TM that passed by? because i did. nidoking looks like he means business, and boy does he. he is a badass with a huge, rocky, spiky back of poison. he seriously is the most badass thing in pokemon. i stand behind that 100%