Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: clefable

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

suprise clefable

who else thinks this pokemon is seriously underrated?

the best ability in the game by far, good typing for a tank, cosmic power, quick healing, and average/above average stats?

why do alot people avoid using it

if anything it should be BL!

who's with me on this?

your welcome

All around all of its defenses and attacks and speed are all lower then any Jirachi or Celebi. Plus its not like its breaking the UU metagame anytime soon.

You might as well move uxie up as well too. But then again why would you do all of that just to have suicune move down to this level? You are a very confusing man pants.

suicune is just overrated imo, plus i despise using jirach and cel, personally

they are both great in their own right, but i just dont like using legends in standard lol

clefable is completely immune to being status haxd, it has a double defense boost, i mean, damn.

even suicune cant quick heal without sleep. jirachi is more of a lead sweep imo, and really isnt a good comparison.

celebi has like 5 weaknessess, and thats kind of an issue when it comes to tank/walling.
    so i consider it more of a support.

imho, gamefreak really favored clefable. (plus, i love how it runs with facade very nicely)

your welcome

Pants I would be "ok" with suicune being BL. But clefable BL and suicune not? It just looks like your going insane. Comparably thats like bringing wynaut to BL and Scizor to uber to me.

i have no faith that anyone would use wynaut anyway, and scizor was being discussed by smogon about that, but because its a transfer evo rather than a normal one, and the stats are technicially average based on comparison, they left it OU. and for good reason. scizor kicks major ass.

anyway,

if you want, why dont we set them both on BL?

clefable's ability is waaaay too good to be ignored, and suicune is good at CMing (on bumblebees sig). i'd just prefer clefable because of its scarcity

your welcome

I woun't mind both being in BL if it changed to the MU tier. Although I fear that clefable is a heart and soul UU pokemon and with it gone much more pokemon from UU with become BL leaving UU a fragil husk of a tier. So overall I am oppose to Clefable being BL/MU be wouldn't be crazy against it.

the thing is, he has a viable strategy that rivals umbreon, but also complements it.

clefable is also an excellent staple in weather domination teams (that wonder guard is just a miracle)

its immune to all set ups like stealth rock and spikes, and toxic spikes only make facade more powerful.

it has a legitimate strategy, unlike half of the UU teir, which have half-assed strategies that rely on lucky switch in's and gimmicks

thats why i believe clefable is worthy of at least BL

your welcome

Most of the UU tier pokemon are just not agreat versions of the OU tier.

Skarmory=Registeel
    Magnezone=Magneton
    Scizor=Syther
    Blissey=Chansey
    Lucario=Toxicroak
    Salamance=Altaria
    and so on and so forth

honestly, salamence should be= to dragonite, but i see your point.

scyther is just a sweep version of scizor with a generic typing. he's still pretty good though.

registeel... im not sure why its an honest comparison to skarm since registeel has equally good sp def, and their strategies completely differ, but ok.

what is clefable's "big bro" then? umbreon? snorlax? (god forbid) miltank?

i really would love to know!

(and UU really means "ok, but without a 100% chance of succeeding in standard" from what i got out of serebii)

your welcome

Clefable is like a poor Blissey and Snorlax mix.

And Registeel and Skarmory becuase they both are the defensive steel types around those parts that set up. Again not have "exact" pairs but a few are close enough.

i think steelix is more along the lines of skarm

and a blissy/snorlax mix isnt bad

its like lickylicky with slightly lower defs, actual substance in its attacks, and the best ability ever

its not perfect, but its close (to me )

your welcome

Beginning Trainer

Because just about any OU physical attacker can ohko it. If not ohko, it's definitely 2hko.

And it's not that spectacular at taking special attacks, either.. The only thing it's good for is to prevent indirect abilities from having effect, like stealth rock, poison or full paralysis..

But other than that, it's vastly outclassed by the OU walls and damager dealers.
    Making it BL would literally make it NU because nobody will use it because it's just outclassed by any other wall or damage dealer. It's fine in UU and it should stay there.

raptor, i agree that it lacks true heavy raw defs, and it has to set up cosmic power to really be formiddable, but thats why i like it.

its no where close to being a replacement for umbreon, but its still cool.

your welcome

Well actually we plan on making BL an actual fighting tier maybe soon. But still it should be UU man.

oh well... i just think that its not being used, even in UU teams, often enough. and personally, i never noticed how good magic guard actually was. its definitely the best ability ive seen since wonder guard (which sucks completely on shednja)

your welcome

It's one adorable little fucker, that's for sure
    derp

more adorable than umbreon?

thats debatable!

your welcome

Umbreons just BOMB

not adorable
    derp

lac459, im going to kill you. plain and fucking simple

i have a bad feeling this is going to be in someone's sig by the end of the week.

your welcome

CHILL MAN
    derp

IM NOT ABOUT TO CHILL NIGGA! I GOT A LOADED GAT POINTED AT DAT LITTLE VENONAT AND IMA GONNA GO BLAT BLAT BLAT BOOM BANG ALL BAD AZZ N' SHIT!

respek

your welcome

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

NERD FIGHT

pichubro, this aint no nerd fight...

THIS IS A NERD WAR!!!!

your welcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast