Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glitched

:D Glitched

Prologue:

The year is 2012 and there are many big international events. The rebuilding of the Twin Towers, the final crumbling of the Great Wall of China, and the first man on Mars. However out of all of these, one of the most amazing is in the technological industry. After several years of research, hard work, and many trials, Nintendo has introduced the newest gaming craze, VERGE or Virtual Entertainment Real Gaming Experience. This new product allows player to travel to the virtual world of video games. The first game was Virtual Pokemon. In this game you follow the story line of a young traveler whose dream is to become a pokemon master however on the way you have many obstacles. The great thing is, you are the traveler and you can also battle other people world-wide with the Wi-Fi connection already installed in VERGE. It was an amazing breakthrough, and despite only one warning given by the creators, all copies sold out on the first day. Amongst these buyers was Shiro, a sixteen year old boy who loves pokemon and video games. And here our story begins

Short, I know but I didnít have much to say. Tell me what you guys think. It's time to bring the fan fics of this forum into a new era.

You've got a few run-on sentences there, so I'd fix that so it's more readable. It's an interesting concept, though it feels a bit cliched. It's not much, so I don't really know what else to say at this point. I guess just post the next section and evaluate from there.

I'm working on it now

bakerguy08

i like it so far but im guessing that something bad happens to the kid but you never know, so continue please

Ch. 1

With his palms sweaty and his heart thumping, Shiro impatiently focused on the clock. The new gaming sensation VERGE had just came out, and he had to be stuck in school. “Only five more minutes to finish your test,” Ms.Tyler announced. Shiro had been finished and was staring at the clock ever since. He grabbed his jet, black spiky hair in frustration. A second felt like a century
    and a minute felt like an eternity.
    Come on already. All the copies may already be sold. Dammit, I should’ve skipped today! Only one minute left. The suspense was slowly stabbing him in the heart. Shiro’s eyes widened as the second hand struck 12. He immediately bolted out of his seat and to the door, but was stopped by Ms.Tyler’s voice.

“Shiro, what do you think you’re doing?”

“Leaving, it’s time to go,” he replied
    “We still have three minutes, be patient and sit back down. Laughter erupted from the classroom as he gazed up at the clock.

“Ooops, my mind must be playing tricks on me,” he said taking his seat. He practically fell asleep when the alarm went off, knocking him out of his seat. Once again the class began to laugh. Shiro stood up, brushed himself off, grabbed his bag, and headed towards the door.

“What are you doing Shiro?” Ms. Tyler asked.

“Leaving, the bell rang,” he replied.

“You know my rules Shiro. All tests must be turned and all students must be seated before leaving. Sit down,”

“Are you shitting me?” he muttered under his breath.

“What was that?”

"I said are you kidding me,” he lied. As Ms. Tyler collected the last few tests, Shiro sat there impatiently, hearing the sound of socializing teens outside.

“Okay, you guys may leave now,” she said. Shiro was the first one to the door, but he was stopped yet again by Ms. Tyler’s voice.

“Hold on Shiro, I want to talk with you for a moment,” Moaning he trudged over to her desk as his classmates snickered, leaving the classroom. “I know you want to leave, but I want to talk to you about your test,”

“What about it?”

“Well you were the first one done, very early I might add. Considering the fact that I have the answer sheet in front of me, I took the liberty of grading in class,” she said showing him the test. A big, red 65 was printed across the top.

“I thought I did better than that, oh well,” he shrugged.

“Oh well? Shiro, what’s happened to you? Last semester you were one of my best students and now you barely have a C,” she said.

“I’m sorry, it’s just that many things have been going on. I broke up with my girlfriend, my dog died, and VERGE came out……

“VERGE, you mean that new gaming sensation from Nintendo? Shiro, you shouldn’t be worrying about video games in the middle of an important test,”

“Listen, I’ll study and ace the final exam in two weeks,” he said.

“No, you’re going to retake this test. A week from today I’ll give you a test similar to this one. If you do better, than I’ll drop this grade, okay?” Ms. Tyler said.

“Okay, that works too,” he said turning around heading for the door. I just don’t want to tell my parents. “Ohh, I already emailed your parents about this so you wouldn’t have to tell them,” she said. Great, know I’m in big trouble. Shiro finally made his way outside, where his friends, Lance and Emmanuel were waiting for him. They all ran to this nearby video game store. The “Sold Out” sign wasn’t out yet. Happily, he ran into the store and up to the counter.

“Yes, I made it!” exclaimed. Unfortunately at that the guy at the counter took out the sign and put in the window. The knife that was in him earlier was being twisted, putting him in more sorrow than before. Sadly, he walked out of the store and sat on the nearby bench. “Can’t believe they’re already sold out,” he said.

“I can,” Emmanuel began, “I mean come on, it’s VERGE,”

“I have to agree with Eman on this one. We’ll just come back next time. Besides, I’ve gotta go. My little sister has an orchestra concert and my mom’s making me go,” Lance said.

“Yeah, and I have a basketball game tonight,” Eman said.

“I suppose, ya’ll are right. I just come back. Besides, I’ve gotta deal with my parents, so they wouldn’t let me play anyways,” Shiro said. They all went off in separate directions. Twenty minutes later he arrived at his front door. Shiro’s heart was pounding. What was beyond the door? Was it his embroiled parents or something else? A chill went down his spine as he swung the door open. Silence was all he heard as he entered the house with caution. Am I here all alone? Yes, this gives me time to come up with an excuse. As he turned the corner to go into the kitchen, his jaw dropped at what he saw. Sitting on the table was a black and white box with the words VERGE printed largely in red. He touched the box and an awesome sensation came over him. He grabbed the box. “Yes, they actually bought it for me,” he said turning around, “I can’t wait to………see them,” His parents were glaring at him with disappointed looks. Oh crap.

“Shiro,” his mom began, “Do you know that this is?” holding up a sheet of paper. He shrugged. She began to read it out loud and he buried his face into his hands. “You got a 65 on your test today. Anything you have to say?” she said. Shiro began to talk, but nothing came out. “What’s going on, we know you can do better,”

“This is unacceptable, Shiro. You know we don’t allow you to fail,” his dad lectured.

“I’m sorry, but I can do better. I’m taking a retest and I’ll do good,” he said heading towards the stairs.

“And you will do so, without the VERGE,” his mom said taking the box away from him.

“Say what? I’m going to be behind and people will be talking about it at school” he pleaded

“You will not get this until you get at least a 90 on your retake. You need to study. Now go upstairs and get to it,” she said. Angrily he trudged on upstairs and jumped on his bed. He stared at the ceiling fan for a while. He sighed, This isn’t fair. Monday’s gonna be a drag. Monday finally came around and indeed people were talking about VERGE. The anxiety was rising up in Shiro and he was about to explode like a volcano. It as then that he decided that he would stop messing around and get to business. Over the course of that week, he’d studied like he never had before. When Friday finally came around, his head was buzzing with information.

Shiro sat impatiently, the only one in the classroom. School had already let out and Ms. Tyler was grading his test. Finally she called him up. “Yes, Ms. Tyler?” She showed him his test which had a 95 printed across the top. “Wow, all that studying paid off,” he replied.

“You showed much improvement between tests and I’m proud of you. Now run along, I’m sure you wan to show your parents,” she said. At that, he ran out of the room and ran home. He entered his house, but he heard no one, he even looked around for them. Darn it, I wanted to show them. He entered his room to discover both his parents in there with the VERGE laid out on the ground. The glanced at him and smiled. His teacher must’ve sent them an email.

“We knew you could do it,” he father began, “All you had to do was study.” Yeah, but I hate to study.

“Well, we know you wan to play, so we’ll leave,” his mom said as they exited the room. Shiro picked up the game and opened it. It was a small CD, like the ones for the GameCube. He placed it in the slim game system and turned on the TV. A black and white screen with VERGE came up. A warning screen came up that read:
    Congratulations, you are one of firsts to try this new gaming experience, however since it is new and very advanced there are some precautions. One you first time don’t play for more than an hour, for VERGE needs “powering up” Do not play for extended period s of time. This can lead to headaches, nausea, fainting, or in rare cases comas.
    You gotta be kidding me. Several more screens came up and now it was time. He put on the virtual goggles and his wildest adventures were just a click way on the console.

I know in the prologue, it said he already had it , but I just wanted to tell how. I think I might of over did it with the dialogue, but oh well. The next one will be much better.

the world is spinnin but im not afraid Cool Latios's Avatar

pretty good =D

show this mickmon what you're made of!

pretty good; add a bit more description in between the dialog perhaps, but it's fine otherwise.

thankz

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

I like it. It could do with more descriptions and less of the conversation, but otherwise it's good to continue.

The watchers on the wall dragon_berry's Avatar

Cool! This one will last until the day really come (I hope)

Sry I'm not that good at making comment
    --A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world--

Fallen_wings Global "Warming" Poke_Hunter Eon Spirit Trixie God

Silver_Espeon, Myuu, Shadow and The Editor

thankz guys. this is already going better than my ones in the past. i had one that only made it to three chapters and another that only made one. I've gotten better since then.

bakerguy08

ok well hurry up i want more to read

i'll have it tomorrow or the next day

I apologize for the hold up. i've been pretty lazy lately so if i don't get it up tonight, i'll post it tomorrow after school.

Ch.2

Shiro slowly opened his eyes. He sat up and rubbed his head. “What happened? One minute I’m in my room and then everything goes pitch black. I must’ve passed out,” It was then that he realized that there was something odd about where he was. There was nothing there, it was just blank white. “That’s weird, did it work?” he wondered. All of a sudden he heard a loud roar. He looked behind to see a nearby mountain. Perched on top was a Charizard shooting out flames. The screen must be loading. The Charizard glared at him and launched a massive fireball towards him. He barely ducked out of the way when it collided with the ground. He swiveled his around and his mouth dropped, thunderstruck. Looming above were the massive words Virtual
    Pokemon Adventure., with some theme music in the background. All of a sudden he heard a startling voice.

“Welcome young traveler,” The big words became a building and a man was walking towards him. He was wearing a white lab coat and some jeans. He also had glasses, short dark brown hair, and he was fairly tall.

“Who are you?” he asked.

“My name’s is Professor Palmer. Please come with me and many of your questions will be answered. Shiro followed him into the building and yet again his mouth dropped. There were hundred upon hundreds of people in there. Teens, kids, and even adults were wandering around the building as if it were a mall of some sort.

“Who are all these people?” Shiro questioned.

“Other players of course, from all over the world,” he replied.

“Are you a player?”

“No,” he said, “I’m just programmed into the game to answer questions and to get you set up!” Talk about hi tech. Is there anything they can’t do? Shiro followed him into the glass elevator, up two stories and into a large circular room. In the middle was some sort of machine and there at least 100 stations on the perimeter of the room, most of which were occupied. “Ahh, here’s a station,” Prof.Palmer said going to station 85. The station only consisted of a small screen. “This is where we register you for the game, like in the older games where they asked you for your gender and name. This is a little different. It ask you for your name, gender, age, and your favorite pokemon. Once you do that, all of that data will be sent to that machine over there,” he explained Shiro noticed that there were slots all around it.

“What comes out?”

“You’ll see,” he replied. I hate it when people do that! He went ahead and entered all the information, Shiro Williams, male, 15, Umbreon. I wonder what the significance of the favorite pokemon thing is? The screen went black and said thank you and went back to the regular screen. That’s it? All of a sudden the light on the side of the desk was blinking red. Prof. Palmer ushered him over to the machine. He went to his respective number and there was something in the slot. His picked it up.

“Is this some kind of watch?”

“It’s a PokeWatch, a high tech device that pretty much serves as your pokedex through out your journey,” Prof. Palmer began to explained, “It has other modes as well. Turn it on,” Shiro did as told and pushed the button on the side. All of a sudden the professor began to glow blue and somehow he got sucked into the watch. Startled, Shiro threw it down. Prof. Palmer suddenly began talking to him about how the watch worked. There were four main sections, Campaign, Two-Player, Internet (the building), and Options. Finally he finished talking at the watch returned to normal. He picked it up and placed it one his left wrist. He left the room and entered the main area. The building was much like a mall with stores even and other rooms. Shiro noticed that most of the people had different kinds of clothes, as if they looked like actual trainers.

“Guess they have stores where you can buy clothes like that,” he said out loud, “But where do I find them? This place is huge!”

“Do you need some help?” a voice came from behind him. He turned around to see a girl about his age. Her long, wavy black hair extended well pass her shoulders, with blue highlights. She had sapphire blue eyes, a small nose and a nice smile. She was barely shorter than him and was average size. She was wearing a small, white jacket with a blue undershirt and some jeans. She had a blue and black bag and also sported a blue pendant, necklace. He could tell she was a trainer because her jacket had the word “Pokemon” in the bottom right corner. Shiro was so mesmerized he didn’t answer her. “Are you okay, what are you staring at?” Finally he snapped himself out of it.

“Sorry for not answering. I am a little lost,” he said.

“You must be a new trainer, I could show you around,” she offered.

“That’s cool,” he said and followed her. She showed him where the pokemarts and pokemon centers were. She also showed him battling and trading rooms. They even held tournaments and there were nice prizes for the winner. Finally she brought him to the Trainers Clothes Outlet. “They have all kinds of cool stuff in there, hats, scarfs, bandannas. However you buy things with the points you gain,”

“Points?”

“Yeah, you gain points for many things. In the campaign mode when you beat wild pokemon, computer trainers, beat tournaments, and stuff. Some items are worth more points than others,” she explained.

“Okay, I get it now, thanks. Oh wait, I never got your name,” Shiro said.

“My name’s Sylvia. I’ve had the game for only a couple of days,” she introduced herself.

“The name’s Shiro,” he replied.

“Well, it was nice meeting you. Good luck,” she said and then she vanished in the crowd. Should’ve asked her for her friend code. Oh well, I’ll see her again. It didn’t take long for him to be in and out of the store. He had on a black vest with a red trim and some jeans. He had a white undershirt and a red bandana. He went back to the other stores other essentials such as a bag and stuff. He sat down on a bench and stared at the weird watch. He made the hologram come up. So I guess I just do this he thought clicking the “Campaign” mode. All of a sudden everything went pitch black.
    Shiro slowly opened his eyes. “Huh, did I faint again. That was weird. Nothing happened,” His words had deceived him. He was on a hill under a tree. Below him was a small town. How’d I get up here. His PokeWatch began beeping and he looked at it. All of a sudden the Professor’s hologram came up and he began to talk.

“Welcome my name is Prof. Willow and welcome to the virtual world of pokemon. In the campaign mode, you will play as a pokemon trainer whose ultimate goal is to become a pokemon master and to top the pokemon league. In order to do so you must collect the many, 17 badges. On your journey you’ll encounter obstacles and even missions. Missions are tasks that must be carried out in order to precede the game. They may range from easy to very hard. I will serve as your help along the way. Good luck and battle strong. He disappeared back into the watch and then it began to beep again. Pushing the button, some more words came up.

New Mission: There has been a break in at a local breeding center. The perpetrator is believed to be a member of Team Ultimate, supposedly a combination of all the other evil organizations. You must find the eggs that he took and return them to the breeding center.

The watch once again returned to tomorrow. “I don’t know how I’m going to do this without a pokemon, but I’ll just roll with it,” And at that, Shiro descended down the hill into the city below.

This should actually be an extension of Ch.1 since it's just more detail about the game, but it be too long. Oh, well. Oh by the way, the size of the watch is about the size of the omnitrix. Like on Ben 10. Just thought I clear that up

Welcome to Eternal Hell. How may me help you? Espeon's Fury's Avatar

I really like this concept. I might even post my own chapters of a seperate character to build onto it, if that's alright with you. Either way, keep up the good work!
    Pairs: The LacemakerThe NiginatorTeresaHickyNinetails009KS Jr.YojimboGokuQoorl

E.N.T.E.I.
    Hatches @ 2520
    Completed @ 2768

Wow, you can read fast. Thankz. You could do a side story, if you want. He makes friends on the way, so I'll think about.

I read the first chapter already, I just forgot to post about it. Anyway, yay, inspiration. Ive got an idea, now I can roll with it...be back in a bit with my first chapter.

E.N.T.E.I.
    Hatches @ 2520
    Completed @ 2768

The thing is, we could only meet each other if we were both on the "internet" Right know, Shiro's in Campaign mode, so you'll be alone, for now anyways.

That was the way I was planning it.

E.N.T.E.I.
    Hatches @ 2520
    Completed @ 2768

ohh

Chapter 1, Alexis; "Bad Day"

Alex sighed. To say she had had a bad day was a major understatement. In the span of 3 hours, she'd completely flunked a science test, been the victim of a bullying, and digging in the dumpster for her backpack. It had taken a good hour's shower to get the stench off her body. The one stroke of luck she'd had all day was that her mother had had to work late, and wasn't home when Alex came in.

She'd left a note on the refigerator door with an explanation...Alex started. If she had been working late, how could she have left a note? The only explanation was, of course, that was she was keeping something from Alex. Shrugging, she supposed that either she'd find out what was going on later, or it wouldn't make a difference to her lifestyle. With this thought in her mind, Alex trudged into her room, collapsed on the bed, and floated off into dreamland.

3 hours later, Alex was woken by a loud chrash. Shooting up in bed, she crouched into a fighting stance and surveyed her surroundings with practiced ease. Before her were 7 young men, probably no older than 25, wearing masks and completely covered in black. Alex made a dash for it, and had even managed to open the window to scream when a hand clamped over her mouth and a pair of goggles forced over her eyes. The world flashed white, and Alex knew no more

Yes, that's where I'm leaving off on the first chapter. Unlike Shiro, Alex doesn't have the option to exit the game. Now I need to fed my creativity drive with some raw energy before I even try to come up with a second, hopefully longer chapter.

E.N.T.E.I.
    Hatches @ 2520
    Completed @ 2768

I like it, but I don't know how Shiro and Alex will meet up. We'll see what happens.

Absol's Dream

EF, your's need more description but I love the way you left suspence(SP?) at the end of the chap.

Hey EF, keep all your post in white so people won't get confused. thankz!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast