Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They want to build a mosque beside ground-zero.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.Ē Lord's Avatar

Default They want to build a mosque beside ground-zero.

I don't see why everyone's getting worked over this. Yeah, okay, extremists caused the atrocities of 9/11. Extremists shouldn't even be acknowledged as religious - if a Catholic extremist went up north and killed a bunch of loyalists, I wouldn't stand up and say it was a Catholic thing to do. It's the same with everyone who wants to pray in that mosque. Nobody there approves of what happened on 9/11. No one there wants it to be built as a mark of triumph over the Americans/another religion.

There's just so many things wrong with disagreeing with the building of the mosque, it makes me wonder if the news sites I'm reading enjoy spreading propaganda or if Americans really are that ignorant. Let's examine some of what's been going down and what arguments surround it.

___

'It's being built on ground-zero.'

That's a lie. It's being built two blocks away from ground-zero. I wish I could have empathy and say, 'yeah, maybe this is a bit of an insensitive move,' if it wasn't for the fact that there's already a mosque just three blocks away from where the WTC stood. I can't tell if the people protesting against the mosque are doing so because they're unaware there's another one in existence right beside it - which would hopefully change their mind - or if they know it's there and they want that demolished too. Then there's the possibility that people have been mislead by news companies and they think it is being built on ground-zero. That makes those people think the American government has forsaken the waterfalls and walls with the names of all those who were killed during the terrorist attacks, for the sake of building a mosque. I'm sure that's gotta be the case in some educated cases and I would make it a priority (if I were in charge of what was going on) to clear up the misunderstanding.

'It's being built where the landing gear of United Airline Flight 175 was found.'

... so what? I don't get how that makes this any harder to process. Do Americans just get really sentimental when it comes to objects and places?

This was posted on another forum I lurk; thought I'd throw it in here for clarification:

___

'The land is privately owned.'

This means that a group of private businessmen are attempting to build the mosque. So people protesting against it can't really stop it unless it's actually violating a law. As far as I can tell, it's not violating any law of the USA. If its construction were to be halted, it would mean the American government is basically discriminating against Muslims because of the roles played by extremists. I don't know about you guys, but if I was an American and that was the message the country was sending out to people, I'd either challenge it or emigrate.

____

I've been talking to a lot of my online friends about this and they keep referencing Fox news and other corporations spreading bias lies. If everyone knows what they say isn't true, why do people still heed what they say? Not strictly relevant to the debate but still, I'm curious. What sort of person pays attention to these news broadcasters?

____

That's all I can really think of. Are you for/against the motion of building a mosque two blocks away from ground-zero? Why/why not? What do you agree with/disagree with when it comes to what I've stated? What are your thoughts on the matter?

AND SO ON.

Yeah people that worry about this are as bad as the terrosists themselfs. Yeah thats right America we do infact have extremists here.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Islamophobia is so 2003

Don't leave flowers after I'm dead. Arta Lorraine's Avatar

Xenophobia.

This is like expecting the Germans to start another Holocaust.

Agreed.

This is just another way to incite religious hate and divide the nation.

Bread and circuses, people. It's distracting the plebeians from the real issue here... which is that we have a black President.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

everyone cant be as white as you are, keke

tragic

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

muslims arent terrorists.

Saudi extremist asshole sects of Islam are terrorists.

your welcome

See I don't have a problem with them building in near there at all, except that there is land that is cheaper... better public transportation meaning an easier way to get to potiential mosque, and lower crime rate area.

So I'm wondering why they are insisting to build there. The only reason is to be obnoxious about it, they want to make it an issue.
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

It isn't even a mosque. It's a prayer room inside a community center.

A certain percentage of people are idiots. America happens to be a large country, and as such, has a large amount of idiots.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

98% of the population of the planet has an IQ less than 140.

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

its not even a prayer room inside a community center. It's a copy of the Qur'an that got lost in a daycare center.

your welcome

Then we can all agree that we don't care that it's being built where it is. It's just another building.

;]

Of course 98% of the population is less then 140 when the averge IQ is only 100 Keke.

dude... you're retarded. Learn how and IQ number is made and you'll understand that you're wrong.

;]

I am actually confused now becuase I could of sworn that the average IQ was around 100.

no, an IQ average is 100. Where the mental age and the physical age are equal. If your mantal age is 16 and have the physical age of 16, then those two numbers are divided. Then the decimal is moved over two places:

16/16 = 1 move the decimal place, it's 100. An IQ of 100 is normal/average
    but if you were 4 years old and had the mental age of a 16 year old, then your IQ would be 250

But an IQ test doesn't cover different types of intelligences well and this is still in the grey area.

;]

But the general American population average is around 85.

;]

Really? wow I thought like 70 was retards :3

IQ tests are still only a vague way of determining intelligence, however.

But yes, it isn't exactly a good thing to have an IQ of below 100. Because that implies that you are less intelligent than you should be for your age.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

A low to mid functioning sociopath. Shadow's Avatar

I kinda want them to build that mosque, just cause it'll be interestin to watch the fighting. I bet the first extremist attack on it will be before they even finish construction. Maybe even before they start. who knows?
    "I can't explain just how it feels,
    the thoughts of my premature burial.
    Inside this oblong box I lie,
    with the hope I'll be buried alive."

http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/ind
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/tra

Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.

Why don't they take the mosque, AND PUSH IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
    Iíll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that youíve been taught to be

A low to mid functioning sociopath. Shadow's Avatar

Hahahahaaha... I was wondering when that one was coming...
    "I can't explain just how it feels,
    the thoughts of my premature burial.
    Inside this oblong box I lie,
    with the hope I'll be buried alive."

http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/ind
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/tra

at least its proof that modern american conservatism is 100% rooted in racism

i mean all this propaganda wrapped in classical liberal talk from glenn beck that seems to be resonating with his viewers sort of worried me that it might be easy to drag america back into the gilded age which is what the right wing would love, but really none of that matters to them. the only reason they follow is because they are scared/distrustful of certain minorities.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast