Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 158

Thread: AverageThread in Misc

  1. #101
    A low to mid functioning sociopath. Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Somewhere on the other side of nowhere
    Posts
    3,846

    Default

    not completely.
    "I can't explain just how it feels,
    the thoughts of my premature burial.
    Inside this oblong box I lie,
    with the hope I'll be buried alive."



    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/ind
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/tra

  2. #102
    Street Justice Hero Fullmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Crusading
    Posts
    16,240

    Default

    "i disagree"

    "my opinion: CONFIRMED"

    i can do it too! jokes aside, as i said i'm done. my points have been proven so i don't need to do anything more. can keep trying to make something out of it if you want, not going to sit here all night trying to explain something obvious just because you need to be right. last post by me in this thread i promise! you guys can keep taking the kids logical route of repeating yourselves until the other person stops talking to give yourself the satisfaction, because i'll have no part of it.

  3. #103
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal View Post
    my points have been proven so i don't need to do anything more.
    haha oh fullmetal

  4. #104
    A low to mid functioning sociopath. Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Somewhere on the other side of nowhere
    Posts
    3,846

    Default

    Hey fullmetal. Ya know that feeling that ya get, the one where you've made who knows how many posts and that they were all ignored and rendered pointless/useless?

    I have it now.
    "I can't explain just how it feels,
    the thoughts of my premature burial.
    Inside this oblong box I lie,
    with the hope I'll be buried alive."



    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/ind
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/tra

  5. #105
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    the ONLY example i can think of honestly is kelsh having to make a snide comment every time dogar is mentioned in association with her.
    You forgot Ripdo and Keke...
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  6. #106
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    factual inaccuracy. all of lord's friends were readily accepted, qoorl was readily accepted when he joined, as was nidogod. that pudding guy who posted for a little while was pretty well welcomed, as was that blake guy who posted for a few days then left again because theres no activity here - again - because of the main site.

    members who arent OUTRAGEOUSLY terrible are well accepted.

    you were accepted pretty well if i remember even.
    I was well accepted BY YOU and a few others, but I have seen other people told that they are basically worthless (not by YOU) if they don't necrotroll and learn the "history" of PD.

    *cough* Kelsh said something like this last week. *cough*

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    because of keke


    *wiggles eyebrows*

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    im actually perplexed about what you mean by modern pd being full of negativity and people trying to pick fights. the ONLY example i can think of honestly is kelsh having to make a snide comment every time dogar is mentioned in association with her. even dogar being a dick these days, he does it in such a jocular manner it can hardly be considered negative.
    I've seen other people (not that I could name one now if I had to) tell newblets to study the history, but I think reading old threads on forums just to be up to date with the drama and gossip is stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by trixie View Post
    You forgot Ripdo and Keke...
    I've never said anything negative about dogar? I like dogar, he's funny.

    And I don't intentionally try to pick fights or be negative. I make jokes, some of the crude and/or bitchy, and it isn't always well received... but I never try to hurt anyone, troll anyone, or be mean just for the sake of being mean. not CONSCIOUSLY.

    I don't think you are really being fair right now Trixie.

    most of the "mean" stuff on this forum IS funny, and so it can be taken with a grain of salt and passed off as the poor "victim" being the butt of a joke.



    ~~~



    I have very literally never seen another forum like PD. I have been banned on other forums for saying far nicer things than I have here.

    On an amphibian enthusiasts forum (I have to admit it is full of people who like to think they are way smarter than they are) I disagreed with a mod regarding the care of a specific species of amphibian. They told me I was wrong and not to mention it again. The next time a thread was made on the topic, I again stated my opinion. I was banned.

    That's it. I disagreed with a mod twice. TWICE. And furthermore I maintain that my opinion was not only valid but the correct way to handle the matter!

    I mean, I like Ed, but come on... On ANY OTHER forum I post on he would have been banned for griefing a mod.

    On another forum, a guy posted a pic with him holding his pug up to his face. I said something like, "Haha you know how they say people look like their pets?" (thats it) and I was banned for being rude to a new poster.

    On most of the "kid friendly" forums I post on there is no swearing, if you say crap or damn you will be banned. If you mention anything at all sexy you will be banned.

    If you say anything at all "rude" on my rodent forum you will be warned, and they delete the ENTIRE THREAD. If you say anything about it in public or remake your thread you will be banned.

    Most of the forums I post on are either RP or pet forums, so maybe pokemon forums are more hardcore. This is my only game/pop culture forum.

    A friend of mine was banned from my RP forum for saying fuck once.

    Now, keep in mind, people actively cyber on there. They write really, really descriptive sex scenes in their little "adult roleplays." That is perfectly acceptable, so long as you put "mature" in the title. But this guy said "fuck that" and was banned.

    Most forums are crazy restrictive.

    and thats a good thing, I'm not saying it isn't. I wouldn't have lasted this long if it wasn't. I'm not complaining.

    I'm just saying that while we do have a very relaxed atmosphere, it isn't at all usual

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  7. #107
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,097

    Default

    @ Keke.. I meant Ripdo making comments everytime you were mentioned
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  8. #108
    I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,870

    Default

    I think I'm living proof that PD is nicer to newbies than most. I made at least ten alts, never used a proxy, was generally hated by the entire forum yet I was never permanently banned. If that isn't a sign of sainthood I don't know what is.

  9. #109
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trixie View Post
    @ Keke.. I meant Ripdo making comments everytime you were mentioned
    I apologize, I must have misunderstood.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripdos Kryp: The Slope Headed Moron View Post
    I agree with FM, talking to him through PM is the main reason why I decided to leave and remove all my post. Yeah I knew Tim was going to be like FM's not right I'm not part of the problem.

    I can't stand le cat she is one of the five I'm sure of that. I can't stand her and the attitude of this forum long enough to stay here.
    #1 Tim isn't part of the problem. As far as I can tell he is one of the few "elites" who actually goes out of his way to be welcoming. And he usually handles things pretty even tempered and rationally.

    #2 Your dislike of me is completely irrational and unfounded. You are so insecure about your own sexuality that mine intimidates you. I even went so far as to apologize for that. I'm quite surprised that I did.

    I'm sorry that you have the issues that you do, but I didn't cause them and they are not my problem. If you want to leave, then go, but don't blame me or anyone else. That is just immature.

    You are in charge of your own destiny. If you are not enjoying your time at PD, then you should definitely stop posting.

    But it is my opinion that you should stop with the drama, stop being such a whiny ass emo kid and just fucking leave.

    If you really were so tired of PD, you wouldn't make a fuss. You'd just stop posting.

    You are still obsessed and want some attention.

    Do you really expect ANYONE to say, "OH POOR Ripdos Kryp: The Slope Headed Moron! Keke made a sexy joke and it offended the poor defenseless girl! SHIELD HER VIRGIN EYES!!!

    And someone else to reply, "Good lord, get the tar and feathers! We must run the offender out of town on a rail!"

    srsly.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  10. #110
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fey View Post
    I think I'm living proof that PD is nicer to newbies than most. I made at least ten alts, never used a proxy, was generally hated by the entire forum yet I was never permanently banned. If that isn't a sign of sainthood I don't know what is.
    I know right.

    Some people, and right now I can't even remember who said it, but in the past SOME PEOPLE have been rather harsh to new people.

    It certainly wasn't Tim.

    And it isn't unusual. It can be difficult to get into established communities.

    It's natural. People are clannish.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  11. #111
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keke Le Cat View Post
    I apologize, I must have misunderstood.


    You should know by now that none of us think you deliberately pick fights.
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  12. #112
    I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,870

    Default

    Also @ripdo: I know you giving me your password was with good intentions but I'm sorry. I consider most of the people who post here my friends, and their private messages to you are between you and them. I can't go behind their backs and read them, even if they are more than three years old.

  13. #113
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    I readily admit that I can be pretty belligerent and confrontational, it's one of my faults. I am getting better with it as I get older, but I can bite into an argument like a pitbull and never let go.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  14. #114
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripdos Kryp: The Slope Headed Moron View Post
    it's your digression on what you read or not. do not read anything that has to do with CA.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/digression

    to deviate or wander away from the main topic or purpose in speaking or writing; depart from the principal line of argument, plot, study, etc.

    Okay... Soo... "It's your deviation on what you read or not." does not make sense.

    I think maybe you meant decision.

    Just trying to help!

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  15. #115
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,097

    Default

    Ripdo,you're part of the problem as well... you keep saying there's a problem with PD,PD is terrible blah blah and that adds to the total negativity here.
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  16. #116
    I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,870

    Default

    I actually think she meant 'discretion'.

  17. #117
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    You do raise a valid point there Trixie.

    All the badmouthing of PD lends to the negativity.

    If you think something is great, it will be great for you. Perception is everything.

    amiright

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  18. #118
    I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripdos Kryp: The Slope Headed Moron View Post
    ....I warned you about the content, if you didn't have the guts to see what was there why did you log in?
    It's not about bravery; it's about my moral compass.

  19. #119
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,097

    Default

    Then it would be "It is at your discretion"
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  20. #120
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keke Le Cat View Post

    If you think something is great, it will be great for you. Perception is everything.

    amiright
    If everyone just came on here and stopped complaining,this place would be much brighter.
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  21. #121
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Very true.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  22. #122
    I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,870

    Default

    See, the thing about PD is that anyone with any sense of post quality expects way too much of PD's current posting roster. The contemporary posters will more than likely never be able to live up to PD's GLORY DAYS (keep in mind I wasn't there, I'm just basing this on what the guys who've been here for ages say). Especially not if every thread degrades into a nostalgia fest or people keep mentioning inactive so-and-sos.

  23. #123
    I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripdos Kryp: The Slope Headed Moron View Post
    still why did you log in. I told you what you would find.
    It only hit me when I hit the PRIVATE MESSAGES button. If things are as bad as you claim, you should have no problem just laying out everything that's wrong with PD in a post, instead of being cryptic and expecting everyone else to understand what you're implying.

  24. #124
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Well, I don't think it's accurate to say that every thread is like that. Some are, it's true, but not too very many any more.

    I think the over all attitude (with the exception of Ripdos Kryp: The Slope Headed Moron) is on the up and up.

    I think fewer threads like this should possibly be made though tbh.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  25. #125
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,097

    Default

    Um,GLORY DAYS?

    All those who posted back then are considerably older now,they were growing up while posting on PD and posting has evolved through the years. Honestly,they had fun because they were all actual friends and posted a LOT. Having more members also helped.

    I read threads in the "old misc" and I see people talking to each other,a lot of sexual jokes,a lot of threads made on the spur of the moment(which might be considered "poor thread quality" now.) Back then,almost everything and everyone was accepted and the community thrived.

    I don't see why there can't be any more GLORY DAYS if we loosen up a little and get more members to join.
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •