Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: AverageThread in Misc

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Also if people encouraged more general discussion than making threads in people's names (pointing the finger at myself here too, I was contemplating making a Fullmetal thread to join the bandwaggon) and little snippets only certain people would understand. Not bland questions like 'how much times do you wash your hands a day?' clearly, just something that could provide entertaining - but not too intellectual - discussion.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trixie View Post
    I don't see why there can't be any more GLORY DAYS if we loosen up a little and get more members to join.
    Don't wanna reply to anything else you posted because I sort of agree but I don't want to look like I'm contradicting myself

I agree with the quoted though, so long as the members are tolerable if not cool cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Fey View Post
    Also if people encouraged more general discussion than making threads in people's names (pointing the finger at myself here too, I was contemplating making a Fullmetal thread to join the bandwaggon) and little snippets only certain people would understand. Not bland questions like 'how much times do you wash your hands a day?' clearly, just something that could provide entertaining - but not too intellectual - discussion.
    That thread would actually get people talking.. I don't think it's bland. It's a free flowing discussion,akin to someone randomly saying it aloud to a group of their friends. Surely making threads in people's names seems alienating to a newcomer.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

Quote Originally Posted by Fey View Post
    Don't wanna reply to anything else you posted because I sort of agree but I don't want to look like I'm contradicting myself
    Ahaha,we can't have that can we
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

Quote Originally Posted by trixie View Post
    Surely making threads in people's names seems alienating to a newcomer.
    Either that or will make them think, 'if I make myself well known that could be me', but you'd have to be p. shallow for that.

Yeah,but people make it hard for them to be well known because they're not people who were there in the GLORY DAYS and the only way they can get a thread in their name is by more "negativity", arguing and causing forum drama,which brings us back to the original problem.
    Originally made by LM:

PD is a very judgy place when it comes to "quality."

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Of course,none of us find idiotic spam enjoyable,but why do we take it to such an extent that a newbie has to think thrice before deciding to make a thread? No wonder not many stick around.
    Originally made by LM:

Quote Originally Posted by Keke Le Cat View Post
    PD is a very judgy place when it comes to "quality."
    I don't think it was as judgy in it's "formative years",is all I'm saying.
    Originally made by LM:

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    i wonder what type of enthralling pm rayne got about his forums
    even i dont know

on a relevant note, god is right. compared to a lot of other extremely elitist forums ive been to, pd isnt unnecessarily rude to its newbies. in fact when you make a welcome thread youre greeted by the people lower on the pecking order who are pretty much a lot nicer than the people on top who dont even notice you until you start posting actively in misc.

and im basing this when i joined when mario was active, and my thread went pretty much the same way besides mario calling me an alt and trying to jumpstart me in every thread i posted in but that could be attributed to me being deliberately inflammatory since i basically joined here to, you know, troll. but now even hes not here so fullmetal what you claim really doesnt have much of a factual basis... or any basis at all.

i agree that there are way too many in-jokes and nostalgiafaggotry over here for it to feel homely to any new member though

Exactly my point. I'm not talking about kindness to new members,I'm talking about openness.
    Originally made by LM:

also speaking as an outsider, the old members of the forum really have nothing to their name except being here longer and being more involved with the community. as far as pure post quality is concerned, from what ive seen of lurking, the only people who are worth any shit who arent already sort of active here are redcheetah, teenageangst, devil and giant squid. everyone else isnt that great and im pretty sure im better than 60% of the people on gods best poster list.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    as far as pure post quality is concerned, from what ive seen of lurking, the only people who are worth any shit who arent already sort of active here are redcheetah, teenageangst, devil and giant squid.
    Pikatwo(though he isn't active now) and maybe Fullmetal.
    Originally made by LM:

Pretty sure I'm better than 100% of the people on God's best poster list, but hey, who cares about who can construct sentences better, right?

well that already is a good chunk of my top posters list including me and fullmetal who are active. also a LOT of shit is lost on old pd, the entirely of May 2005 - June 2006 is completely deleted from old misc, it's really impossible to try to judge on what you can still see.

i dont know pikatwo seemed pretty weird to me due to his acute racism towards islam and muslims and liking heavy rain

well assuming that the best posters have only become better, id say looking through their recent posts is a satisfactory indicator of their post quality

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

It's equally likely that they've become worse.

They've got new standards now,whereby they can post anything they like but "newbies" are always being criticised for "poor posting quality"
    Originally made by LM:

Both God and Mario posted on my intro thread. It was like 7 pages long.

I think (iirc) we discussed racism.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

E.g. The Misc..

Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    It's equally likely that they've become worse.
    nope the posting quality of all of the posters ive met over the internet has either remained stagnant over the years or has become undeniably better. i have not met anyone whos post quality has decreased, maybe rep, but not post quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    nope the posting quality of all of the posters ive met over the internet has either remained stagnant over the years or has become undeniably better. i have not met anyone whos post quality has decreased, maybe rep, but not post quality.
    I don't know - some old PokeCosmo guys have turned into utter faggots.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast