Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 158

Thread: AverageThread in Misc

  1. #126
    I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,831

    Default

    Also if people encouraged more general discussion than making threads in people's names (pointing the finger at myself here too, I was contemplating making a Fullmetal thread to join the bandwaggon) and little snippets only certain people would understand. Not bland questions like 'how much times do you wash your hands a day?' clearly, just something that could provide entertaining - but not too intellectual - discussion.

  2. #127
    I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trixie View Post
    I don't see why there can't be any more GLORY DAYS if we loosen up a little and get more members to join.
    Don't wanna reply to anything else you posted because I sort of agree but I don't want to look like I'm contradicting myself

    I agree with the quoted though, so long as the members are tolerable if not cool cats.

  3. #128
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fey View Post
    Also if people encouraged more general discussion than making threads in people's names (pointing the finger at myself here too, I was contemplating making a Fullmetal thread to join the bandwaggon) and little snippets only certain people would understand. Not bland questions like 'how much times do you wash your hands a day?' clearly, just something that could provide entertaining - but not too intellectual - discussion.
    That thread would actually get people talking.. I don't think it's bland. It's a free flowing discussion,akin to someone randomly saying it aloud to a group of their friends. Surely making threads in people's names seems alienating to a newcomer.
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  4. #129
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fey View Post
    Don't wanna reply to anything else you posted because I sort of agree but I don't want to look like I'm contradicting myself
    Ahaha,we can't have that can we
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  5. #130
    I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trixie View Post
    Surely making threads in people's names seems alienating to a newcomer.
    Either that or will make them think, 'if I make myself well known that could be me', but you'd have to be p. shallow for that.

  6. #131
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,081

    Default

    Yeah,but people make it hard for them to be well known because they're not people who were there in the GLORY DAYS and the only way they can get a thread in their name is by more "negativity", arguing and causing forum drama,which brings us back to the original problem.
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  7. #132
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    PD is a very judgy place when it comes to "quality."

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  8. #133
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,081

    Default

    Of course,none of us find idiotic spam enjoyable,but why do we take it to such an extent that a newbie has to think thrice before deciding to make a thread? No wonder not many stick around.
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  9. #134
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keke Le Cat View Post
    PD is a very judgy place when it comes to "quality."
    I don't think it was as judgy in it's "formative years",is all I'm saying.
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  10. #135
    Registered Users Regular Rayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    i wonder what type of enthralling pm rayne got about his forums
    even i dont know

  11. #136
    Registered Users Regular Rayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,550

    Default

    on a relevant note, god is right. compared to a lot of other extremely elitist forums ive been to, pd isnt unnecessarily rude to its newbies. in fact when you make a welcome thread youre greeted by the people lower on the pecking order who are pretty much a lot nicer than the people on top who dont even notice you until you start posting actively in misc.

    and im basing this when i joined when mario was active, and my thread went pretty much the same way besides mario calling me an alt and trying to jumpstart me in every thread i posted in but that could be attributed to me being deliberately inflammatory since i basically joined here to, you know, troll. but now even hes not here so fullmetal what you claim really doesnt have much of a factual basis... or any basis at all.

  12. #137
    Registered Users Regular Rayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,550

    Default

    i agree that there are way too many in-jokes and nostalgiafaggotry over here for it to feel homely to any new member though

  13. #138
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,081

    Default

    Exactly my point. I'm not talking about kindness to new members,I'm talking about openness.
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  14. #139
    Registered Users Regular Rayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,550

    Default

    also speaking as an outsider, the old members of the forum really have nothing to their name except being here longer and being more involved with the community. as far as pure post quality is concerned, from what ive seen of lurking, the only people who are worth any shit who arent already sort of active here are redcheetah, teenageangst, devil and giant squid. everyone else isnt that great and im pretty sure im better than 60% of the people on gods best poster list.

  15. #140
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    as far as pure post quality is concerned, from what ive seen of lurking, the only people who are worth any shit who arent already sort of active here are redcheetah, teenageangst, devil and giant squid.
    Pikatwo(though he isn't active now) and maybe Fullmetal.
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  16. #141
    I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,831

    Default

    Pretty sure I'm better than 100% of the people on God's best poster list, but hey, who cares about who can construct sentences better, right?

  17. #142
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,742

    Default

    well that already is a good chunk of my top posters list including me and fullmetal who are active. also a LOT of shit is lost on old pd, the entirely of May 2005 - June 2006 is completely deleted from old misc, it's really impossible to try to judge on what you can still see.

  18. #143
    Registered Users Regular Rayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,550

    Default

    i dont know pikatwo seemed pretty weird to me due to his acute racism towards islam and muslims and liking heavy rain

  19. #144
    Registered Users Regular Rayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,550

    Default

    well assuming that the best posters have only become better, id say looking through their recent posts is a satisfactory indicator of their post quality

  20. #145
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    It's equally likely that they've become worse.

  21. #146
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,081

    Default

    They've got new standards now,whereby they can post anything they like but "newbies" are always being criticised for "poor posting quality"
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  22. #147
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Both God and Mario posted on my intro thread. It was like 7 pages long.

    I think (iirc) we discussed racism.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  23. #148
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    E.g. The Misc..

  24. #149
    Registered Users Regular Rayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    It's equally likely that they've become worse.
    nope the posting quality of all of the posters ive met over the internet has either remained stagnant over the years or has become undeniably better. i have not met anyone whos post quality has decreased, maybe rep, but not post quality.

  25. #150
    I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    nope the posting quality of all of the posters ive met over the internet has either remained stagnant over the years or has become undeniably better. i have not met anyone whos post quality has decreased, maybe rep, but not post quality.
    I don't know - some old PokeCosmo guys have turned into utter faggots.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •