Thread: Using Nuclear Bombs For the War on Terror

Default Using Nuclear Bombs For the War on Terror

Its a rather interesting subject. Before you throw it totally out saying it causes mass death with little reward and youwill be killing civilians consider exactly what we did with the Japanese.The Japanese where also a bit insane with there value system and where willing to kill themselfs for it. Infact one could argue that the Japanese where farth off from the terrorists because they commited mass suicides before island invasions believing that we would torcher and rape them. Yet a few nukes close to home and they surrendered. Maybe we could do it again I mean we do have the bombs.

I say yes to the atom bomb!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal View Post
    I'll be here! Even if i have to make 300 alt accounts to have conversations with!!

POKEDREAM FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fullmetal if you aren't here in 10 years I will find you and make you post!!

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

nukes are defensive, not offensive.

ever since WW2, how many nuclear arms have been launched in offense to another country? none.

the idea that there is a weapon that can cause mass genocide and fallout scares the opposing sides to use very reserved and safer tactics to avoid such disaster.

if such offensive strategies were used, countries would band together against this force to contain it. basically, its the job of the UN.

nuclear weapons are just a way of forcing fear rather than violence, even though violence does occur.

i'll write more about it when i feel like...

your welcome

I don't think the terrorists fear us. They need to.

The USA goverment is to big of a pussy to us an nuclear bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal View Post
    I'll be here! Even if i have to make 300 alt accounts to have conversations with!!

POKEDREAM FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fullmetal if you aren't here in 10 years I will find you and make you post!!

khaos... what?

your welcome

It showed the Japs why not the talaban?

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Yes. Let's throw a nuclear bomb into the mix so we'll kill the terrorists, innocent civilians, children, our own soldiers and anyone unlucky enough to be there. Get real, Kirby. A nuclear bomb is impractical, hard to control, make America's (good?) reputation fall, and we'll probably lose all respect by other countries, allies or otherwise.

Some historians believe that the Japanese would've surrendered even if we had not bombed them. The bombs just made their surrender occur eariler. And we're just lucky that the Japanese still don't hate us.

And I don't care what you say about the bombs bringing victory because I went to both Peace Parks in Japan; I went and saw the diary entries and remnants from the bombs--the shadows melted to the walls, a child's charred clothing, among many, many horrible things. Ugh... no. A nuclear bomb should never be used on a city ever again.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

You do realize Iran has nuclear capabilities, right? Luanching a warhead anywhere into the middle-east would start a nuclear holocaust. In fact, shooting one anywhere (except Africa) would start a nuclear war.

the japanese surrendered because of the soviet union

If a Nuke was shot anywhere at all a nuclear holocaust would ensue shortly thereafter. It's in the UN agreements that if any country launches a Nuke that country will be nuked.

It's what keeps the world safe from nuclear war. No one attacks, least they be attacked.

So if Iran nuked anyone, other countries would nuke them. Unless they can take out literally the rest of the world, they would be signing their own death warrant to nuke anyone at all ever.

Fearing nuclear war is silly, and suggesting it is absurd.

I guess Kirby does not understand what nuclear war is.

Maybe you should read up on the ramifications of such warfare before suggesting it.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

I think Kirbx wants to be a mutant zombie

No one can prove that Iran has nukes.

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

You don't seem to know about the wonderful idea that is MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction). The whole point of having nukes isn't to threaten to launch them at anyone who looks at you funny. You have nukes to remind people that if they fire one at you you will fire back and it will not end well for either party. This is why calls to disarm nuclear weapons should be ignored: having them is the only way to stop someone else using them. See also: War Games.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="550" height="400" id="candy_and_clyde"><param name="menu" value="false" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.miniclip.com/swfcontent/freegames/candy_and_clyde.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><embed src="http://www.miniclip.com/swfcontent/freegames/candy_and_clyde.swf" menu="false" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="550" height="400" name="candy_and_clyde" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></object>

Not the original,
    but a copy,
    a clone of the rival,
    I need some Coffee,
    In this life of survival,
    my brother has died,
    Even though my breath has sighed...

A low to mid functioning sociopath. Shadow's Avatar

Nukes should be saved for use during the zombie apocalypse.

Stupidity aside, when it comes to governments owning nukes. There is a safeguard. It's called logic. No idiot dictator is going to launch one because most every government in the northern hemisphere has them. That means he'd have to acquire enough nuclear weaponry to effectively leave every major opposing government disabled. And judging by the various disarmament treaties I've heard about, I don't think anyone could build up that much fire power without getting a lot of unwanted attention.
    "I can't explain just how it feels,
    the thoughts of my premature burial.
    Inside this oblong box I lie,
    with the hope I'll be buried alive."

http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/ind
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/tra

this is such a retarded thread

09-08-2010, 06:00 AM #14
    The Editor
    Thunder Spider!

Location: The Emperor points and we obey, through the Warp and far away.

You don't seem to know about the wonderful idea that is MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction). The whole point of having nukes isn't to threaten to launch them at anyone who looks at you funny. You have nukes to remind people that if they fire one at you you will fire back and it will not end well for either party. This is why calls to disarm nuclear weapons should be ignored: having them is the only way to stop someone else using them. See also: War Games.

your welcome

The other Cylons call me Triclops. ShadowRaven's Avatar

Question, since Australia doesn't have any nukes, why would anyone nuke it?

Kevin07

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

Austrialias evil plot to take over the world!

Australia is a malignant tumor on the planet's surface. i believe nuke's are chemotherapy

your welcome

The other Cylons call me Triclops. ShadowRaven's Avatar

Pants you're so cool. I wish I could do comebacks just as good as you.

ShadowRaven

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein