Thread: so, here's the entire 5th gen

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

Default so, here's the entire 5th gen

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

its alright-ish

i like the fire-bug personally

kirbx, your prediction of luvdiscs evo's stats were nowhere near its outcome (145 hp? wtf?)

(who else guessed victini would have 600 stat? lol)

your welcome

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Let's see... Dangoro, Gantoru, Ishizumai, Denchura and Aianto are the only ones I like. Oh, and Enbuoo reminds me of Ganon.

lets wait for the translation before we mention them by name :p

PS: the sprite artist from HGSS needs to redo every 5th sprite. NOW

your welcome

so many of them look so lame... and out of place. These are more like final fantasy monsters. Oh well...
    I guess I'll pick the otter, the ice monster thingy, electric thingy, chandelier thingy, and vulture thingy too.
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

the 5th gen pokemon are final fantasy monsters after chemotherapy

but the polar bear was WAAAY overdue

your welcome

Shame it has a beard.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

It's over 100 degrees in my room so I need to release some steam.

----

Looks like I'll be pressing the B button a lot. I can stand some of the pokemon to a degree, but most of the new evolutions are awful with a capital A.

Honestly, aside from a very small handful, it's quite laughable to call these pokemon. I remember having a drawing contest in elementary school to see who could come up with the best new pokemon, and most of the peoples' drawings back then were tons better than these "pokemon". But then, pokemon designs have been going downhill since Gen 3, when the guy who designed the first two generations of pokemon quit. That's when all pokemon designs lost their subtle but apparent consistency and gamefreak hired new people--who use as little effort as possible--to design new monsters. Seriously, half of the Gen 5 pokemon look similar to one another (monkeys and horses and birdies, oh my!) and that one gears pokemon is obviously filler because the evolution chain can hardly be considered evolution. It's like magneton but on a more extreme level of lazy design.

Seriously, its like gamefreak feels that their age demographic is between 0-4, which would be the prime ages that I would've accepted this. Gen 1 pokemon were not stuck on being kid friendly (I mean, just look at Gyarados, Pinsir, Kabutops or Aerodactyl) yet all Gen 5 pokemon seem to have a cute cuddly face or an adorable frowny face. I want my pokemon to be a fighting machine, and if it be cute and cuddly like Pichu or Togepi, at least balance the cuteness by adding more gar-looking pokemon into the mix. But no, gamefreak just makes all the non-cute pokemon extremely weird, gross looking things that no respectable person with a 40 foot pole will touch. We had grimer and muk in Gen 1, no need to create more unattractive poison types.

And look at the types! Monozu is part dragon yet look nothing like a dragon. Chobomaki is a bug type yet look more like a clam to me. Steel, Fighting and Psychic types are overused. The ONLY PURE FLYING TYPE EVER looks like a tentacle monster with a cloud for legs. A Rock/Flying type makes no sense; unless the rock is pumice, it won't fly very well. Ishizumai/Iwaparesu are obviously Water/Rock types but is labeled Bug/Rock, wtf?

These thoughts regardless I'm still buying Pokemon Black... I just won't enjoy my team.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

I can't see any of the sprites.

smile

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    I can't see any of the sprites.
    because nintendo got all butthurt and fucked it up for us all because nintendo sucks the largest cock on a wall of dicks.

your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    These thoughts regardless I'm still buying Pokemon Black... I just won't enjoy my team.
    Ladies and gentlemen, a fanboy.

You're one hundred years too early to fight me.

Well, I think the game is improving, from the features-wise point of view...
    But the sprites are just...
    Seems like they hired pre-schoolers to do the job...

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Bulbapedia and other sites have finally put up the sprites, so now I may or may not post a news article once I look at these.

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

Jaroda is the final form of Tsutaja. It has now lost its legs and become a serpent.
    I always thought that evolution caused one to gain legs, not lose them.

In the case of snake evolution, losing legs was what happened. Same story with whales and dolphins, to a degree.