Thread: The Storyline of B/W

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Default The Storyline of B/W

So on another forum, this guy is already playing Pokemon Black (or White, he didn't say which) and posted the beginning of the game:

You start in your room. Your friend comes to see you, asking about a package. A girl comes later. There's a big present on the table. You open the present and there are three pokeballs. It's from the professor (who, by the way is a chick). You pick whichever one you want, and the guy friend will exclaim that that's the one he wanted to pick. But whatever, he wanted the other one more anyway (in my case it was Pokabu, or whatever the pig's name is).

The girl, Belle, instigates a pokemon battle. The other guy says no because the pokemon are too weak and they might mess up the room. The girl says it'll be okay because they are so weak. Without further ado you are in a battle. Afterward the boy heals your pokemon and battles you himself. The room is super damaged by the battles. Belle is really surprised. They decide to go down and apologize to your mom.

You are then left alone. You can look around your room, but there's not much to do. Everything is a mess, and there are paw prints on the walls and floor. The only thing that looks all right is your Wii. You can go up to your Wii and it says "There's a Wii! It's not broken at all". Well, Wiis are pretty sturdy...

You go down to your mom, where the boy and Belle are apologizing for the noise and the mess, saying they'll clean it. The mom tells them not to worry. They leave then, the boy going to visit the professor and the girl decides to go back home first. Your mom gives you a pokemon watch thing (can't remember the name) and you decide to go see the professor. First though, you're going to Belle's.

You go to Belle's house and her dad is busy yelling at her, telling her "it's no good!" over and over. Belle runs out then. Apparently he doesn't want her to go off on a pokemon adventure. The mother understands his feelings, but eventually every child must do this to grow up into an adult.

So with that in mind, you head toward the lab where the professor and the others are waiting...
    It seems quite different already. He just posted this today so he might post more of the storyline tomorrow.

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Wait, are they going for a Darker And Edgier storyline? Next thing you'll know it'll be Sin City artwork and enough blood to put a Khorne Berserker to shame.

Supposedly Gamefreak is trying a different approach to the storyline, but whether it's D&E or not remains to be seen.

I really hope it's not. Pokemon doesn't need a tone shift.

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

Have just played it. The starting animation had a way more Final Fantasy feel to it than pokemon. You see this green haired guy walking up a red carpet towards a throne, then he gets some flashbacks of him as a kid and playing with a pokemon. Then he gets crowned as king or something. On the whole, I'm not that upset, seems like the storyline might be more juicy.

Weird thing is that I don't seem to be getting experience points when I beat wild pokemon. Don't know what's up with this system, but the experience bar isn't moving at all. After the wild pokemon faints I just get transferred away from the battle screen to the grassy areas.

Isn't this like New York?

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

I'm liking this experimental route they're taking.

I wouldn't be surprised if absolutely nothing comes from this king thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninetails 009 View Post
    Have just played it. The starting animation had a way more Final Fantasy feel to it than pokemon. You see this green haired guy walking up a red carpet towards a throne, then he gets some flashbacks of him as a kid and playing with a pokemon. Then he gets crowned as king or something. On the whole, I'm not that upset, seems like the storyline might be more juicy.

Weird thing is that I don't seem to be getting experience points when I beat wild pokemon. Don't know what's up with this system, but the experience bar isn't moving at all. After the wild pokemon faints I just get transferred away from the battle screen to the grassy areas.
    There is a new EXP system where the greater difference in level results with fewer EXP rather than the static EXP like the previous games. Essentially, if your pokemon is over the level of the wild pokemon, it'll gain very few exp. It prevents grinding...

Btw, I found the ost of B/W on youtube and it's great to know that the music's improved since the 4th gen.

Whoa, hold on there. Are you trying to tell me that they've made it even more difficult to level your pokemon if you want to get them up to the same level as the local gym leader? And getting them to 100 is going to be damn near impossible.

lol that just plain stupid

I was just flicking through some sprite sheets on TSR and there are black people in this generation!

Black people? I call shenanigans!

Less exp? I call shenanigans!

Fuck this shit, I declare a state of shenanigans!

Hoist the flag, mateys!

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765