Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perspective

Default Perspective

Some perspective for those who don't understand their place in the universe and their relative worth vs the rest of existence ...

On the grander scale, I think it is pretty obvious how much value your petty little dramas hold.

Think of this next time you throw a bitch fit in public.

The sheer lack of compassion most people have frankly is just disgusting to me. Sat in a restaurant Saturday listening to the people around me talk, and it was just shameful.

Heard someone say that she saw the look on her cousin's face and thought she was going to have a seizure in her house that morning, said she was certainly glad that the girl didn't do that on her watch. Well, you know what, I bet your cousin is even more glad that she didn't have a flippin' seizure! you know? I mean do people ever think about stuff like that?

Heard a person complain about other people having a car accident and delaying their trip home from work. Someone was in a potentially harmful if not fatal ACCIDENT and all they can think about is how inconvenienced they are?

Give me a break!

I feel like people need to be a whole lot more self aware and less self-centered!

Self-awareness is the awareness of the self as separate from the thoughts that are occurring at any point in time. In other words, self-awareness is the awareness that one exists as an individual being. Without self-awareness the self perceives and believes the thoughts that are occurring to be who the self is. Self-awareness gives one the option or choice to choose thoughts being thought rather than simply thinking the thoughts that are stimulated from the accumulative events leading up to the circumstances of the moment.

It is distinct from self-consciousness.
    think about it

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

It's not worth having petty little dramas all the time. All it does is make you miserable, when you might as well be using the time to do something productive, or at the very least, do something that makes you happy. After all, everyone's goal in life is to be happy. What more does anyone want?

Obsessing over something, or striving too hard for one particular thing that is keeping you away from enjoying your life is of no use. Once we realise that, life becomes much easier.. sometimes it's just better to walk away from things that are bothering you.
    People with no compassion, like the ones you mentioned Keke, really come off as small minded and unlikeable. What goes around comes around though (to use a cliche) - they'll see soon enough what's wrong with their outlook on life.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

Too true Trixie

Unfortunately, most people are self serving and rarely go out of their way (even if it is convenient) to help another person, even if they know them personally. All they can think of is how it effects them personally, and not the bigger picture at all. (and yes, I am aware that I am guilty of this as well, though I am trying to be a better person)

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

p interesting stuff

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

cocaine is also pretty interesting

have you ever felt like losing everything you own?

your welcome

Not rly, though I don't actually own much...

I have never had the desire to take any narcotic.

I took vicodin and percocet after surgery and that was as close as I've ever came to being high - I didn't really care for the sensation and as soon as I could tolerate the pain I stopped taking them.

well then you would never be interested in disney

your welcome

are they made on drugs? thought so.

most art is, though I shudder to call disney art

eh, disney's art lies in its motion rather than its visual integrity. i respect their writing efforts as well.

unlike dreamworks which is based on jittery motion, cel-shaded characters, bland, recycled ideas, and spaztastic characters with the interest and broadness of melted plastic.

also,

i refuse to think that clever and well thought out lyrics can be written high.

if "on avery island" was written high, i might as well drop out right now and live the last 7 years of my life on crack and LSD.

your welcome

First of Keke why do suns have shadows?

Alsowho says we aren't the center of the universe? So far yes science has prooved that the earth really revolves around a sun and that around a galaxy and that around a galaxy group. Bu what science is there that states FOR SURE that all of that is really around one central point which COULD BE the earth. The more and more I look back the more and more I relize IT CAN NOT BE A COINCIDENCE THAT WE EXIST. That is pure stupidity. Sure believe that there is no "God" but that doesn't disprove that fact that if we are here by pure coincedence we are very very very very very lucky to be alive right now. Something perhaps an alien race MUST BE watching over us.

you said it best yourself, buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    That is pure stupidity.
    other than that: tl;dr

also Kirby, every thread does not need to be a religious debate, we've had it out now move on

In fact, this is a prime example of the point I am making in this thread - you can't see past your own OPINION

seriously

can it

Quote Originally Posted by Pants, and the beast dwelling within View Post
    eh, disney's art lies in its motion rather than its visual integrity. i respect their writing efforts as well.

unlike dreamworks which is based on jittery motion, cel-shaded characters, bland, recycled ideas, and spaztastic characters with the interest and broadness of melted plastic.

also,

i refuse to think that clever and well thought out lyrics can be written high.

if "on avery island" was written high, i might as well drop out right now and live the last 7 years of my life on crack and LSD.
    Have you seen the newest Disney Princess movie? The Princess and the Frog? It's great. I loved it. The music is catchy, the pithy little lines are amusing and the storyline is a great new take on a classic.

It's officially CUTE!

Keke I just think I am in the center of the universe .

So do most people,Kirbx!
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

But I have a scietific reason yo.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Kirbx showing off how science and religion can clearly co-exist.

Yep

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

This thread reminds of a scene from a TV show I watched:

"The difference between reality and illusion is that illusions are which humans have created. Life begins when you make a distinction between yourself and others. From that moment, the world becomes a stage in which you are the main character. Yet all people exist in the illusion that they are the main character. But the world, cruel as it is, denies you that role of the main character. It’s quite a twist and everyone is burdened with this sad bit of irony. But there is one way to escape."

"To not to be a main character, to be a smaller role, or…"

"That’s right, to be an author."

Not everyone can be the main character, and that's what makes arguments and fights. People cannot grasp not being the center of attention, it's in our genes to be attention-getters and to have the want of being a part of a group. But putting two people together who have the same dominance level will create an inevitable clash.

Btw, keke, if you want another link to prove how small humans are compared to the universe: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/525347

Most people live their whole lives and never realize that, Pichu.

pichu, do you have to write a book every time you post anything?

i mean, i like literacy but FUCKIN HELL GIRL!

and @ keke,

the princess and the frog was p. good. i was personally saying how disney's art lies in its motion and writing rather than its frame by frame attention to coloring detail.

and that dreamworks sucks my dicks

your welcome

I got that the first time, thank you for reiterating.

And also I'll have you know I am p sure that both mine and Trixie's posts were longer than Pichu's and I happen to like the length of Pichubro's posts. So um lay off and stuff

this thread is about being less critical, are you being ironic?

honestly, she posts a book EVER TIME.

you and i may post a long string-o-words every now and then, but pichu does it EVERYDAY (oh god that never gets old for me)

your welcome

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    that said more with those 2 characters than you could say with every shape and symbol in the universe.

your welcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast