Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Of The Week Kyorge

Default Pokemon Of The Week Kyorge

Ruby: Kyogre has the power to create massive rain clouds that cover the entire sky and bring about torrential downpours. This Pokémon saved people who were suffering from droughts.
    Sapphire: Kyogre is named in mythology as the Pokémon that expanded the sea by covering the land with torrential rains and towering tidal waves. It took to sleep after a cataclysmic battle with Groudon.
    Emerald: Kyogre has appeared in mythology as the creator of the sea. After long years of feuding with Groudon, it took to sleep at the bottom of the sea.

Firered/Leafgreen: This Pokémon is said to have expanded the sea by bringing heavy rains. It has the power to control water.
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: It is said to have widened the seas by causing downpours. It had been asleep in a marine trench.
    Hearthold/Soulsilver: A mythical Pokémon said to have swelled the seas with rain and tidal waves. It battled with Groudon.

Kyorge resembles a whale with 2 large wings like fins with cris-crossing red lines on them of to the side "frilly" blue fins off its back. Kyrogre is mainly known for its epic battle with Groundon win Ruby and Sapphire and the fact that it can summon up large torrents of rain and waves.

It has often been wondered who really wins the battle between them. Some would say Kyorge with doubly super effective stab moves. Others say Groundon with its solarbeam. Overall Kyorge wins pretty much always. Mainly for the reason that for sunnyday to be activated Groundon must be slower then Kyogre on a switch out. If that happens Kyrogre will just 1HKO groundon with a waterspout.

Origin: A Herbew mythical beast called a leviathan based on modern day whales who fought a land beast called a Behemoth who fought the Leviathan in a never ending battle. This is the origin of the epic battle in ruby and sapphire.

Name Orgin: Kai means ocean or Kiao is Neptune the king of the sea. Orca is whale. So its either Ocean-whale or Ocean King-whale.

Base Stats:
    HP: 100
    Attack: 100
    Def: 90
    Sp. Attack: 150
    Sp. Def: 140
    Speed: 90

Ability:
    Drizzle: Summons permanent rain.

Type: Water

Notable Moves:

Water Spout: at full power its the most powerfull move in the game. It with choice specs can even 2HKO a blissey! Anything slower be on your watch.
    Surf: useful move when water spout runs dry.
    Thunder: with permanent rain thunder always hits. Making it a deadly move for Kyorge with a 30% paralisis chance.
    Ice Beam: kills off many pokemon in ubers.
    Calm mind: Kyrogre already has a solid sp attack and def. Add anymore and this thing is a literal BEAST. Maybe those crazy Jews where right.
    Substitute: aids in calm mind.
    Waterfall: nice surprise kills on blissey.
    Toxic: may seem odd but I need to note this becuase without it Kyorge is always walled by Shedinja.

Kyogre is a good pokemon both as a wall a tank and a sweeper. With sturdy defenses its hard to take down and with strong attacks anything slower then 90 speed needs to worry about this thing. On the other hand 90 speed ain't much and its easily outspeeded and sometimes killed off. Still is a good pokemon in ubers.

Random pokemon generator via:

http://www.dragonflycave.com/testing.htm

Bah, never liked Kyogre. I'm kind of upset that out of the two, the programmers decided to put Kyogre in HeartGold. I will definitely be trading for a Groudon, cause Groudon beats Kyogre any day.

How Tresea? It just can't as I explained.

How did you come up with the pokemon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal View Post
    I'll be here! Even if i have to make 300 alt accounts to have conversations with!!

POKEDREAM FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fullmetal if you aren't here in 10 years I will find you and make you post!!

Random pokemon generation... like I said in the trhing...

It never said that's where you got it from it just said random pokemon generator
    I'll be here! Even if i have to make 300 alt accounts to have conversations with!!

It pretty odvious thats where I go it from...

Yea you go it from there all the time! Good work

I think its C-EYE-O-GER

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

It's KIE-OH-GUR

I've always pronounced it as KY-OG-ER too.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

So be honest I don't even know how to pronouce it the trixie-justin way...

KY- OH- GUHR

That makes it nearer to how I pronounce it I think..
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

Oh thats how I say it. You 2 just where odd in the pernouciation.

The "C" in your explanation made me think you pronounced it weirdly.. like "cyoger" would be SY-O-GER
    Originally made by LM:

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.” Lord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    It's KIE-OH-GUR
    this is what the 2003 me went with and this is what the 2010 me is sticking with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    How Tresea? It just can't as I explained.
    Honestly, there are so many factors that could play in. Base stat-wise, Kyogre has an advantage over Groudon when it comes to Special Attack and Special Defense. However, you have to take into consideration that Natures and Movesets off balance stats.

If Kyogre was faster than Groudon by Nature, in a one on one battle, Groudon's Drought ability would kick in last and stay in effect because the slower Pokemon's ability kicks in after the faster Pokemon. If Kyogre was slower you have to take into consideration that even if Kyogre's Drizzle ability took over the field, Groudon is capable of learning Thunderbolt and Thunder. On top of that, in HG/SS Groudon can be tutored to learn Thunderpunch, which works well with it's High Attack Power against Kyogre's poor Defensive stat.

EV training a Groudon so that moves like Solarbeam are even more effective against Kyogre is another possibility that could come into play. So to say that Kyogre wins hands down, without a doubt is a little bit biased.

SImply put. If Kyrorge is faster Groundon will be killed off by a watersprout. If slower it loses waterspoutness but still have a rain powered surf after Groudon hits it with an attack that most likely won't 1HKO it.

Kirbx, how do you know how to pronounce kyogre but not spell it??
    Originally made by LM:

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

KAI-OGRE

Obviously

It's toattly Khaos-oger

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    SImply put. If Kyrorge is faster Groundon will be killed off by a watersprout. If slower it loses waterspoutness but still have a rain powered surf after Groudon hits it with an attack that most likely won't 1HKO it.
    You kidding me? You think a Thunderpunch wouldn't one hit KO a Kyogre? Groudon's Attack > Kyogre's Defense; a Kyogre would be lucky to survive a Thunderpunch.

We really need to test this out.

Its like like Kyorge has aweful defense its overall decent. I believe that with a single thunderpunch it will survive unless you boost it with choice band or life orb ect.

Beginning Trainer

Kyogore? Honestly? What? Not arceus?!
    I like video games:)
    Go to johnny4444.webs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast