Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is what I've found...

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

rival you are so behind i swear

your welcome

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

In my opinion, (feel free to disregard it as usual) Generation III had the best environment. It was the generation with the most effort put into the locations and the best attention to detail. Steam in Fiery Pass, the clackety-clack of the wooden bridges in Fortree City, clouds reflected in puddles on Route 120, changing weather on Route 119, your shadow being cast on the smooth lake far below as you cross the bridge on Route 120, your reflection waving in smooth water disturbed slightly by the wind, the uniqueness of Meteor Falls... Hoenn was beautiful, and that's what matters to me. Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh (Generation IV versions, obviously) weren't. The developers were too busy trying to work some pointless 3D into the graphics and they forgot about the little details.

gen II and III definitely have my favorite landscapes and environments.

mostly because gen III was (like Ed said) incredibly well-polished, and gen II was a complete expansion from kanto, which was already a nicely sized environment.

gen II was much more busy in-game and had the player doing a lot more after the first 8 gyms, when gen III just had the battle tower, latios/latias, rayquaza, and transferring to GC/DS titles

your welcome

For me Soul Silver and Heart Gold were let down by the widening gap between the levels of wild pokemon and trainer pokemon. It made training a team for the gyms too grind heavy. Generation III suffered from this problem as well, especially before the Petalburg gym, but it wasn't as severe, and the Trainer's Eyes function of the PokeNav helped a lot. Of course Johto had the phone, but I didn't get nearly enough calls to skip the grinding. And wandering around Kanto casually annihilating every gym leader wasn't that interesting for me.

Yeah 2nd gen game annoy me with the inability to train right

I had to spend 2 weeks of constant level grinding just to get them to level 70.

blue and red were REALLY unfair if you hadn't taken down every trainer in the game first

your welcome

Beginning Trainer

I'm not excited about Gen 5... Just Zoroark... I want my Wolf FOx thingy 0.o

i like burungeru. best poke ever B)

your welcome

Beginning Trainer

WOLF FOX PUNK ROCKER THING!

Anyone noticed how it stole Slash's hair and used a straightener?

I have no mouth. And I must scream. geromy's Avatar

I think we all know what the best pokemon will be already.

The other Cylons call me Triclops. ShadowRaven's Avatar

hell yeah, motherfrakker

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

Beginning Trainer

Hax! Zoroark has no crotch to grab at :|

Hölle ja, Mutter ficken!

Ich bin der Jim Deutsch Pudel Pol hinter Polyester Pfeffer

your welcome

It's all about Denchura. Thunder Spider!

The other Cylons call me Triclops. ShadowRaven's Avatar

It's inspiring looking at how far bug types have come in the games. In the first two generations they were something of a joke. Then Heracross got Guts and Megahorn in Gen III, then Gen IV introduced Yanmega and the like. Now we haz Ulgamoth and FUCKING THUNDER SPIDERZ in Gen V. Bugs types were probably the best type in Gen IV, but Gen V just confirms it; Bugs rock.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12