Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Legion

Beginning Trainer

Default The Legion

Prologue

The night air grew colder as storm clouds gathered over Saffron City. Streets lights lit up but the darkness stayed strong. An evil presence swept through the streets. Small rodent Pokémon scurried away as a powerful shadow took shape.

The town clock had just chimed for the twelfth time signalling midnight. A dark blue haired woman stepped out of the city gym. The psychic leader paused for moment as an overwhelming sense of trepidation overcame her. The leader’s hand trembled as she attempted to insert her key card into the gym door to re-open it.

"Sabrina, The Mistress of Psychic Pokémon,” called out a voice from the shadows surrounding the gym.

The young gym leader dropped the key card out of panic. Her psychic senses were going crazy. She could sense a dark force near her but couldn’t tell where. The frightened gym leader waved her hand and telekinetically pulled a pokeball out of her pocket. Cautiously she released her strongest Pokémon, Alakazam.

“Whoever you are, come out now before I use Alakazam to find you.” Sabrina shouted in no particular direction.

Nothing but silence followed. Slowly she stepped away from the gym towards a few street lights. Her Alakazam slowly levitated in front of her keeping guard. Just as Sabrina felt as if she was safe a hand grabbed her shoulder from the back. The shocked gym leader let out a shriek of terror.

“Sweet heart, it’s just me,” said a calming voice.

“Oh my Mew, Volkner. You gave me a heart attack. What are you doing here?” Sabrina asked letting out an immense sigh of relief.

“I got lonely waiting for you at home, so I thought I would surprise you at the gym.” The electric gym leader said as he placed his hand on Sabrina’s head. “You seem so afraid, is everything alright?”

“Just me being silly, I thought that there was someone trying to get me out here because my psychic powers were going haywire but I guess my emotions are getting the best of me.”

Volkner walked away from Sabrina and began waving his arms about in the dark.

“Are there any scary monsters waiting to get my Sabrina?” He asked, placing his cupped hand next to his ear waiting for an answer. “Well I guess no...”

Before Volkner could finish his sentence he found himself engulf in a black ball of energy. When the dark energy dissipated Volkner’s unconscious body fell to the ground.

“Volkner!” screamed Sabrina as she ran to him. “Alakazam put up a mirror coat around us, now!”

The sound of footsteps approaching broke the silence. The footsteps grew louder and louder and then suddenly stopped. Sabrina looked up and saw a figure cloaked in black and a strange dark Pokémon. The strange Pokémon floated towards Sabrina but Alakazam teleported in front of it.

“Don’t worry about your boyfriend; Darkrai’s dark void just put him to sleep.” The cloaked figure explained; it was the same voice from earlier.

“How are you? Why did you do this? What do you want?” Sabrina asked as she rose to her feet preparing for a fight.

“How rude of me, I am Leo. As for him, he was in the way. I had something important to discuss with you.”

“What’s so important you had to hurt him?” Sabrina demanded to know holding herself back from attacking the cloaked stranger.

“A new world order.” He replied. “I am part of an organisation know as The Legion. The Legion seeks to take control of this imperfect world by force and make it perfect. We will rule the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. But firstly we need to recruit a master of each different Pokémon type. You are in our eyes the best psychic trainer. I am a master of the dark type. ”

“Read my lips. I am a gym leader and I will never betray my principles.” She protested. “Alakazam use psychic!”

The psychic Pokémon prepared to attack but Darkrai was too fast and hit Alakazam with a dark void before it could do anything.

“It’s a pity. You would have made a beautiful addition to The Legion but you’ve made your bed, now lay in it.”He said walking away. “Take care of her Darkrai.”

The dark Pokémon faded into the ground and disappeared. Sabrina felt the tiny hairs on the back of her neck stand. Slowly she turned around to see the powerful Darkrai standing behind her. Her screams of terror echoed into nothingness of the lonely night.

I like this a lot.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

Pokemon Expert

Cuz, u need to check ur spelling. ''How are you?'' instead of who are you.
    "Never interupt your opponent when he is making a mistake."

you better listen to psyking75

he is from south africa

Beginning Trainer

Chapter 1

An unnatural silence had occupied the still night air. A solitary structure stood strong in the middle of a desolate forest. A castle seemed so out of place in this picture. The old moss-covered walls were slowly being eaten away by the relentless cross winds. An algae-covered moat surrounded the castle.

A dark cloaked figure flanked by a Darkrai emerged from between the trees and walked towards the castle. The draw bridge slowly lowered, accompanied by the sounds of gears turning and grinding. The man and Darkrai walked across the bridge, each step placing more strain on the worn out wood. Blue horns followed by white fins cut through the surface algae below.

The inside of the castle was brightly lit and brand new. The floor was covered in red carpeting while the walls were painted with pictures of legendary and rare Pokémon. In the castle’s main hall stood a single throne and on that throne sat an old man.

The old man wore a lab coat that covered the rest of his clothes. His snow white hair was matched by his long Santa-like white beard.

“This was not what I had in mind when I sent you to Saffron City Leonardo!” he yelled as he threw a newspaper at the feet of the cloaked man.

Leonardo bent down and picked up the ruffled newspaper. It was a copy of the Saffron Times from the previous week.

“How did you get this?” Leonardo questioned crushing the paper in his hands.

The old man glanced to the right at someone in a brown cloak and hood who stood against the wall. “Never mind how. Tell me what the headline reads.” The old man demanded.

“Mystery assailant leaves Saffron gym leader in a coma.” The person in the brown interjected.

The voice was clearly female. Leonardo dropped the crumpled paper and motioned for his Darkrai. The girl in the brown cloak dropped a pokeball. A red bolt of energy escaped and took form. It revealed a blue fighting Pokémon.

“My Lucario and I are more than capable of taking on you and Darkrai.” She said leaning forward. A strand of pink hair could be seen as it escaped the concealing darkness of her hood.

An ear-splitting roar emerged from a dark corridor behind the old man’s throne. Both Darkrai and Lucario backed down after hearing this.

“Its okay boy, everything’s going to be okay. Leonardo is going to fix his mistake and get us our psychic.” The old man said in a comforting voice towards the lightless corridor.

“It’s not my fault!” Leonardo stated defending his actions.

Sparks began to dimly light up the dark corridor as the vicious growls began intensifying.

“How dare you raise your voice at me?” The old man shouted, his fists clenching in rage.

“I’m sorry sir; it’s just that, not every gym leader is as easy as your protégé here.” Leonardo said as he shot a glance towards the girl in brown.
    The old man took a few deep breaths, unclenched his fists and relaxed. The growling and sparks slowly came to an end.

“Fine. You are forgiven. What do you know about Rustboro City?” the old man asked stroking his beard.

“It has the worst crime rate in the Hoenn region. It has an extremely weak gym leader who specializes in rock type Pokémon. She is not Legion material.” Leonardo responded.

“It used to have the worst crime rate in the Hoenn region and this has no concern with Roxanne.” The old man said as he tossed Leonardo another newspaper but this time at chest height.

“Red justice Vs Blue terror, battle for Rustboro City.” Leonardo read the newspaper headline.

“A few months ago a ‘hero’ called Red justice appeared, and using a Latias, began fighting crime. Last week a ‘villain’ called Blue terror came out of the shadows with the sole intention of defeating Red justice with Latios. From what I gather there are only two trainers who reside in Rustboro who have the capabilities of capturing these Pokémon. One of them is a straight arrow and the other a delinquent, both of them specializes in psychic Pokémon.” The old man explained as he picked up two files and threw them to Leonardo.

“I don’t understand.” Leonardo said as he examined the files.

“I want you to find out the identity of Red Justice and recruit him or her to the Legion.” The old man said losing patience. “Go now!”

Leonardo bowed once and turned to leave with his Darkrai. The dark trainer had a look of distaste on his face as he left the castle.

“He is going to screw this up.” The girl in brown said as she recalled her Lucario.

“That’s why you are going to spy on him and make sure he gets the job done.” the old man said as he woke up to leave. “If he does screw up, make sure there are no witnesses.”

The girl bowed once and turned to leave. A small, but distinctly cruel, smile grew across her face.

you know man why don't you just become an active PD member?

Yeah, you could RP too.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

Pokemon Expert

Are you guys talking about lord of flames?

Beginning Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    you know man why don't you just become an active PD member?
    How do you become an active PD member?

you post

not only in the story telling place

post a lot
    Originally made by LM:

Beginning Trainer

Chapter 2

The sun slowly rose above Rustboro City. Flocks of Taillow and Wingull flew above the awaking city. A solitary figure emerged from the Petalburg Woods. The mysterious figure tossed aside his black cloak. Walking out from the shadows of the forest Leonardo felt exposed. The master of darkness, as he called himself, was not used to being in direct sunlight. Shielding his eyes from the light he walked towards Rustboro City.

The intense heat of the early morning sun made him regret his choice of a black suit. Loosening his white tie with one hand he ran his other through his platinum blonde hair. He stared down at his palm and saw sweat. Leonardo mumbled to himself about how much he hated the sun.

The streets of Rustboro were still asleep. Hardly a soul was up this early. The city was known for its night life but not so much its mornings. The morning’s tranquillity was broken by the scream of a woman.

“Leave me alone!” she demanded as two thugs harassed her outside the Devon Corporation.

“Not likely.” The first thug said as he motioned for the second to take the woman’s purse.

Leonardo stood in the shadows of a nearby building watching. This was his ideal chance to see Red Justice. He waited with his Darkrai at the ready.

“Leave the lady alone!” demanded a commanding voice from the top of the Devon Corporation.

Leonardo looked up. He saw Red Justice but what caught Leonardo’s eye was the hero’s long black hair which was trying to be concealed by the hero’s helmet.

“Dam, she must be hot. A red leather jumpsuit in this morning heat.” He said to himself.

He quickly pulled out the files that the old man had given from his coat. He opened the first one and then threw it to the floor. He tucked the second one back into his jacket.

When he looked back, the fight was over. The thugs were beaten and Latias hovered above them. High pitched sirens cut through the air. Leonardo saw his chance to catch out Red Justice go up in flames but he still had a plan.

A hooded figure watched from the shadows atop another building. “He just missed his chance.” A feminine voice said into a communicator.

Morning eventually became noon and the streets began to buzz with people.
    In the shadows of an alley way near the Rustboro gym emerged Leonardo. He was still in his suit but he had neatened it up. He walked past the gym and headed straight for the Pokémon trainer school.

Closing his fists he knocked on the door. Not waiting for a reply he pushed the door open and entered the class room. A hushed silence fell over the room as he stood at the door.

“Don’t you have any manners?” the young woman in front of the class asked. She was clearly in her twenties and seemed too young to be a teacher.

“I’m looking Eve Maiden. I was told I can find her here.” Leonardo said in apologetic tone.

“Who wants to know?” asked the young woman raising her eye brow.

“Just someone interested in psychic Pokémon.” He said before leaving the class.

Two hours had passed since Leonardo left the class and school was now finished. He sat on a bench near the school waiting. The young woman from the class sat down next to him.

“You waited two hours, why are you so interested in me?” she asked curiously.

“Well, Eve. If the information that I have is correct, you specialized in psychic Pokémon. You even went to the finals of the Silver Conference using only psychic Pokémon.” Leonardo said as he clasped his hands together and hunched over.

“You seem to know a lot about me. What’s your name?” she inquired.

“My name’s not important. What’s important is that I speak to you right now, at this moment.” He said as he straightened his back.

“What’s so important?”

“Nothing.” He replied with a smile and he woke up and left, leaving Eve confused.

The woman left the school wondering what had happened with the strange man. She walked into the city towards her apartment. She was approaching her home when someone stopped her.

“Excuse me young lady.” Eve said as she tried to get around a girl who had pink hair.

“What did Leonardo want?” the girl with the pink hair asked assertively.

“Who?” responded Eve a bit stunned.

“Don’t play dumb with me woman. What did Leonardo tell you? I want to know now!” The pink haired girl demanded.

“I have no idea what you talking about. Get some help girl.” Eve said as she brushed past the pink haired girl.

“Girl! How dare you just ignore me? Lucario take her.” The pink haired girl shouted.

The blue fighting Pokémon leapt out from behind a tree and grabbed Eve. Eve tried to fight off the strong Pokémon but failed. Lucario carried Eve to the top of a building.

The sun had set and night had come over Rustboro City. Eve found herself regaining consciousness. She couldn’t tell where she was but all she could see was the pink haired girl and a Lucario.

“Are you ready to talk now?” The girl asked as she approached Eve.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Eve said as she started crying.

“Awe. Totodile tears. Let’s see if being dropped of the Devon Corporation jogs your memory. Go Lucario.” The girl ordered.

The blue fighting Pokémon picked up Eve who was kicking and screaming. The aura Pokémon walked towards the edge of the building with Eve in hand.

“Leave her alone!” demanded a strong voice.

The pink haired girl and the Lucario spun around. It was Red Justice and her Latias.

“I know you. You’re Maylene. You’re the Gym Leader of Veilstone City's Gym.” Red Justice said.

“Something’s wrong. She’s supposed to be you.” Maylene said as she pointed to Eve.

“You are trying to kill her because you think she’s me.” Red Justice responded. “That kind of makes me mad. Go Latias.”

“We’ve been set up Lucario. Drop the girl and run!” Maylene ordered.

The blue aura Pokémon dropped Eve and tried to run but found itself trapped by Latias’s speed. The eon Pokémon attacked the fighting Pokémon with a mist ball. Lucario was floored by one hit and didn’t have the strength to fight.
    Maylene attempted to sneak off but when she tried to run she was hit a ball of black energy and fell to the floor unconscious.

Red Justice and Latias prepared themselves as a new figure emerged from the shadows.

Beginning Trainer

Chapter 3

“Bravo, bravo.” The figure emerging from the shadows said.

Eve who was watching this passed out from shock.

A tall masked figure clad entirely in blue denim. Floating nearby, a Latios let its presence known with a loud battle cry. The two eon Pokémon stared each other down as they circled one another. The atmosphere tensed up as the eon Pokémon prepared for a final showdown.

“Blue terror! I should have known you were behind this! Now you’re going down.” Red Justice screamed.

“I had nothing to do with this!” Blue terror said defensively.

Neither trainer wanted to back down. This was the perfect opportunity for one to take down the other for good. Both trainers ordered their eon Pokémon to attack head on. Latios and Latias both took off into the sky in opposite directions. After they had soared a few miles in the air the eon Pokémon turned around and set on a direct collision course for each other.

Launching themselves at terrifying speeds, the two Pokémon grew ever closer to a cataclysmic impact with one another. Seconds before contact a shadow leapt between the eon Pokémon and created a large dark aura. The damage of the two attacks were destabilized to nothing.

The duelling psychic dragons fell onto the roof of the building unharmed.
    Towering above them in the sky was Darkrai. The two trainers looked stunned as the dark Pokémon lowered itself on to the building.

“As much as I would love to see you two battle it out, I need one of you.” Leonardo said as he climbed up the fire escape.

Red Justice and Blue Terror looked at each other, unsure of what was happening.

“I’ve seen lover’s tiffs before but this takes the cake.” Leonardo said finally pulling himself onto the building.

“We are anything but, I don’t even know him!” Red Justice shouted at Leonardo.

“Well, he knows you very well Veronica. Isn’t that right Ryan?” Leonardo said adding more tension to the volatile situation.

“Who are you?” Blue Terror said removing his mask.

Red Justice’s hand started trembling at the sight of the blue haired boy under the mask.

“I can’t believe it. How could you Ryan?” Red Justice asked as she dropped her helmet to the ground.

“Doesn’t anyone want to know how I figure out your secret identities and what Eve has to do with any of this?” Leonardo asked throwing his hands in the air. But he got no response. “I guess not.”

“What do you mean how could I. I should be asking you that!” Ryan responded.

Leonardo patiently eyed the confrontation brewing as he called his Darkrai to his side. Ryan and Veronica walked face and stared each other down. Their Pokémon rose up and also confronted each other.

“I don’t know what to think. I thought I knew you.” Veronica said slightly heartbroken.

“Having your dream of becoming a gym leader crushed and losing the only person who ever mattered in your life changes people.” Ryan shot back.

“How can you blame me for all this?” She asked almost in tears.

“The league offered us the Mossdeep Gym. We could have been tag team gym leaders but you had something more important to do. You said you couldn’t stay in Mossdeep with me and you left. You knew the league wanted two leaders for the Mossdeep gym. That wasn’t the thing that hurt the most but the fact that you left me for this forsaken city.” Ryan said enraged.

“The city needed me.” She said defending her choice.

“I needed you!” he screamed back.

“All this was a ploy to get me back to Mossdeep. What did you think? If I had a challenge that I couldn’t defeat I would come crawling back to you.” She said as she stepped towards Ryan.

“Yes.”

“Wow, as interesting as this is, I need to know something. Ryan. Am I right in assuming Veronica captured her Latias before you captured your Latios?” Leonardo asked interrupting the tense mood.

“I only captured Latios to battle her Latias. I knew she had Latias. Latias was supposed to be our trump Pokémon at the gym.” Ryan responded.

“That makes my choice very easy.” Leonardo said as he motioned for Darkrai to get ready.

“What choice?” Veronica asked.

“Finally I can explain.” Leonardo said as he began clearing his throat. “I am part of an organization called The Legion. We seek to use force and any means necessary to take control of this imperfect Pokémon world and perfect it creating a new world order.”

“What do want with us?” Ryan questioned intrigued.

“I’m on a recruiting mission. You see, The Legion seeks to have within its ranks a master of each Pokémon type. After a failed mission in Saffron City, you two are the best psychic trainers in the world.” Leonardo explained.

“I’ll never work for you!” Veronica shouted.

“That’s really not a problem.” Leonardo said with a grin. “I originally came to recruit you but Ryan here seems like a much better candidate. I mean to catch a legendary Pokémon just to spite your ex takes a lot of hard work and determination.”

“Ryan may be misguided now but he’ll never help you.” Veronica protested. “Tell him Ryan.”

Ryan remained silent, carefully thinking about all his options.

"I’ll do it.” He said, much to the shock of Veronica.

“That’s great to hear.” Leonardo said as he called his Darkrai into action. “Dark pulse on Latias.”

Darkrai placed its hands together and created a ball of dark circles. It then fired a beam of circles at the Latias. The psychic dragon Pokémon was no match for the dark pulse. Motionless the eon Pokémon fell.

“Get up Latias!” screamed Veronica as she ran away from Ryan and towards her fallen Pokémon. The red Pokémon slowly lifted itself of the ground and back into the air.

“Dragon pulse!” ordered Ryan.

The blue eon Pokémon fired a turquoise ball of energy at the weakened Latias. The hit was direct and knocked out the red eon Pokémon.

“Wow I was not expecting that. Darkrai put the girl to sleep.” Leonardo said.
    The dark Pokémon obeyed and engulfed the hapless Veronica in a ball of dark energy putting her to sleep. Ryan stood frozen with a stunned look on his face.

“Don’t worry Ryan. She won’t remember this. None of them will.” Leonardo said to the new recruit as he was showed to the fire escape.

Once Ryan was down the fire escape and out of earshot Leonardo walked over to his Darkrai.

“Give Maylene, Veronica and Eve nightmares so bad that they forget everything that happen here tonight.” He whispered to his Pokémon before walking away. “Oh, on second thought make Maylene forget everything for the past few months. Something similar to what you did to Sabrina.”

At the base of the building Leonardo tried to convince a stunned Ryan that he made the right choice.

“Listen and listen well. There’s an old man who I want you to meet. He is going ask us about what happened here tonight. You tell him the truth about everything except what happened to that pink haired brat Maylene. This is what happened to her...” Leonardo explained to his newest recruit as Darkrai came to his side.

Leonardo waited for Ryan to tell him he understood. The shocked trainer and his Latios both nodded in unison.

I like reading this.
    Originally made by LM:

Beginning Trainer

Yep, I'm waiting for more
    Originally made by LM:

142 people have viewed this

its safe to say there are lots of people reading this

It could be the same few people viewing it many times... but yeah
    Originally made by LM:

The watchers on the wall dragon_berry's Avatar

Niceeee! You MUST try the RP section, really! If there's any active RP left, of course xD

Currently reading chapter 2. Simple language and deep (as Qoorl said)psycho-analytic! Keep it up and please don't stop in the middle of the story xP
    --A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world--

Fallen_wings Global "Warming" Poke_Hunter Eon Spirit Trixie God

Silver_Espeon, Myuu, Shadow and The Editor

Oh yeah... I just want this one to have some sort of conclusion..
    Originally made by LM:

Beginning Trainer

Chapter 4

Leonardo and his latest recruit, Ryan, both stood at a public video phone. It was almost midnight and they were awaiting an important call. An intense silence followed as the two waited. The buzzing sound of the phone ringing ended the silence.

“I got your message Leo.” A woman said.

“So, what did the old man say?” Leonardo asked worried.

“He was less than satisfied. Maylene was his favourite and after what Red Justice did he was furious.” The woman replied.

“Did he say anything about me recruiting Ryan?” Leonardo asked as his worries eased.

“He said that he was glad you used that fried brain of yours and took out Red Justice. I guess that’s a compliment. He doesn’t want to recruit another fighting master. He is waiting for Maylene to wake up.” The woman answered.

“Maylene may never wake up! He is putting our whole plan in jeopardy because of that brat.” Leonardo screamed as he ended the call.

Ryan was still in shock after what had happened a few hours earlier. He had joined an organisation that wanted to rule the world and in doing so, hurt someone he cared about.

“Snap out of it. The old man bought our story, which gives me time to get you ready and seek out another fighting master.” Leonardo said as he snapped his fingers in front of a dazed Ryan.

“I thought he was waiting for Maylene to wake up and what do mean get ready?” Ryan asked perplexed.

“Maylene is never going to wake up unless my Darkrai wakes her up. I just want to be prepared for when the old man realizes that he needs someone else.” Leonardo said walking away.

“That makes sense but what did you mean about me getting ready?” Ryan questioned as he jogged to catch up to Leonardo.

“Look at you.” Leonardo said gesture at Ryan with his hand.

“Oh, not all the clothes I own are denim.” Ryan replied.

“That’s not what I meant. I mean you need to get control of your emotions and sort yourself out.” Leonardo said.

“I don’t understand.” Ryan responded.

“Okay, once we get out of this forsaken town and reach Mauville City I’ll explain it to you.” Leonardo said pacifying him.

“If we take the express train we can be there by morning.” Ryan said.

“First things first, you have to change. There’s no way I’m going to be seen in public next to the denim clad wonder.” Leonardo said.

Morning had dawned on Mauville City and the sound of a bullet train pulling into Mauville station woke most of the passengers aboard the train.

“Wake up.” Leonardo said to Ryan as he rose from his seat and walked to the exit.

The startled trainer sprung from his seat. He had clearly suffered a nightmare. Drenched in his own sweat he patted down his green t-shirt and wiped his hands on his jeans.

“Aren’t you tired of wearing that suit?” Ryan asked as he caught up with Leonardo.

Leonardo ignored him and continued walking towards the Pokémon Centre. The two walked in silence as Ryan tired to restrain him from asking too many questions.

“Why are we going to a Pokémon Centre?” He asked unable to control himself.

“Free food. Need I say more?” Leonardo said.

Ryan and Leonardo both handed the nurse on duty a single pokeball. Leonardo chose to sit at the table that was furthest away from everyone else. Leonardo and Ryan sat at the table as a Chansey brought them some breakfast.

“Now, we’re here. Now explain what you meant yesterday!” Ryan demanded as Leonardo ate his cereal.

“Most people wouldn’t hold a grudge so badly.” Leonardo said sipping milk from his teaspoon.

“What are you talking about?” Ryan asked puzzled.

“I mean the whole Red Justice and Blue Terror thing.” Leonardo said adding more sugar to his cereal.

“Err; I thought I already explained that.” Ryan said as he stared at Leonardo adding sugar. “What the hell is wrong with you? Enough with your food. Just answer me already!”

“Let’s get one thing straight here boy. You don’t ever raise your voice at me. I’m in charge here and don’t you forget it.” Leonardo said as he dropped his spoon into his cereal.

Ryan nodded. Leonardo seemed different. The easy going image that he was projecting earlier was gone and now replaced by a fearful visage.

“Sorry, I understand. Could you please explain what you meant?” Ryan said in an apologetic tone.

“How old are you Ryan?” Leonardo asked as he resumed eating his cereal.

“I’m 28, why?” Ryan responded.

“Seriously and you want answers from someone 3 years younger than you.” Leonardo said finishing of his cereal.

“Wait, you’re only 25 years old!” Ryan said shocked.

“I know; I look older.” Leonardo said as he woke up and walked towards the nurses’ station.

Ryan followed with a grimace on his face. He was sick of the waiting and the mind games that Leonardo was playing. He and Leonardo collected their Pokémon and left.

“When are you going to tell me, if ever?” Ryan said as he walked a few paces behind.

“When I think you’re ready. Do you fully understand what being a part of The Legion entails?” Leonardo asked turning around.

“No.”

“From now on you’re a ghost. You don’t exist to the world. You have no home, no goals, nothing but The Legion. You have to leave behind everything that tied you down, everything that prevented you from achieving greatness. You have to change who you are so that your pathetic flaws don’t hinder The Legion’s dream of a perfect world.” Leonardo said placing his hands on Ryan’s shoulders.

A hushed silence fell over Ryan. The full realisation of what he had done the previous night had finally sunk in. Leonardo led Ryan to the edge of Mauville.
    A top a cliff overlooking the ocean the two waited. They waited for hours in complete silence until the sun began to set.

“The time is right.” Leonardo said as he stared into the setting sun.

“Right for what?” asked Ryan.

“How long have you known Veronica?” Leonardo asked.

“Since I was 14. That’s 14 years. Half my lifetime.” Ryan said.

“I just wanted a number.” Leonardo said shaking his head. “How long have been head over heels for her?”

“Since the day I first met her.” Ryan said lowering is head.

“So you’re like a regular Romeo. So you and her were together since way back then, right?” Leonardo continued.

“No not really. It took her 3 whole years to realise that she felt the same way about me and even after that things were so difficult. She was still in love with her ex but she never told me that. I did everything for her; I waited for her to sort her life out. I gave her all the space she needed. I was there for her when...” But before Ryan could continue he was interrupted.

“A simple no would have done but we’re getting somewhere. We’ve established that you are crazy and that you should have seen that things would never have worked out.” Leonardo added.

An uneasy silence followed between the two.

“She didn’t even have the decency to end things with you in person. She sent you a message on your PokéNav. Then she went back to Rustboro City, the city where her ex is now living. You must have been furious.” Leonardo said.

“I was but I never told her. How do you know all this?” Ryan asked perplexed.

“It’s in your file.” Leonardo said as he tossed over the file that the old man had given him.

“You have a file on me.” Ryan said stunned.

“That’s not important. What is important is that all the rage and frustration inside you is still there. It’s scratching and clawing its way out. You need to get rid of it.” Leonardo said as he motioned for Ryan to come closer.

“How am I supposed to do that?” Ryan asked.

“Hand me your Latias. I have a method. It’s almost fool-proof.” Leonardo said reaching out his hand.

Ryan handed over the pokeball containing his eon Pokémon.

“Now turn around and face the sunset.” Leonardo said as he positioned Ryan at the cliff’s edge.

“What exactly is this method called?” Ryan asked as he looked at the sun.

“Sink or swim, patent pending.” Leonardo said as he pushed Ryan into the freezing waters four storeys below.

The psychic trainer landed hard in the water. He felt the ice cold water the second he entered it. The waves grew bigger and stronger at sunset and it made swimming much harder for Ryan.

Two hours passed as Leonardo sat on the cliff waiting for Ryan. Soaking wet he trudged his way up the cliff.

“What the hell was that?” Ryan screamed.

“Are you still mad at Veronica?” Leonardo asked as he tossed Ryan his pokeball.

“No, I’m mad at you. You could have killed me!” Ryan continued.

“Good. Now that all that hidden anger is on the surface, you’re ready for your first mission.” Leonardo said walking away.

“What was wrong with me being angry?” Ryan asked as squeezed water out of his clothes.

“Angry people make mistakes; they make mistakes that cost them a lot. Trust me, I know.” Leonardo said.

“Okay, fine, this mission. Where is it?” Ryan asked as he calmed down.

“Johto region, specifically Ilex Forest.” Leonardo said.

“Ilex Forest, that place has been like a ghost town ever since Celebi was captured.” Ryan said confused.

“Exactly.” Leonardo said with a smirk.

Beginning Trainer

Chapter 5

The sound of Hoothoot and Noctowl filled the night air as an old bus pulled into Azalea Town. The bus came to a screeching halt and startled most of the Pokémon nearby. Two men dressed in grey suits jumped off the bus and headed west.

“What is up with you and only doing things at night? We could have been here 12 hours ago.” Ryan questioned.

“Master of dark type Pokémon. I like the dark. You are not the brightest Pidgey in flock, are you?” Leonardo said as he continued.

“You still didn’t tell me why we are here.” Ryan said as he placed his hands on his face.

“I told you we’re going to Ilex Forest.” Leonardo said as he looked around at the empty streets.

“Ilex Forest is dead. There’s nothing there beside ghost Pokémon.” Ryan said pulling at his blue hair.

“Duh, I know. My job is to recruit one master of each Pokémon type. The forest is full of ghost Pokémon. Did you ever wonder where those Pokémon came from?” Leonardo said.

“I just assumed that...” Ryan stuttered.

“Never assume. Always be sure. According to my sources a ghost trainer herded them here after the forest died.” Leonardo said as he stopped.

“You have sources. What doesn’t The Legion have at their disposal?” Ryan asked.

“Not very good ones.” Leonardo said as he began spinning around.

“What do you mean?” Ryan asked puzzled.

“The town is split into two halves. An eastern and western half. We’re in the western half. Notice anything strange my young apprentice.” Leonardo inquired.

“Firstly I can’t be your apprentice I’m older than you. Secondly this part of town seems abandoned.” Ryan replied.

“Not abandoned, just no people.” Leonardo said as he grabbed his pokeball.

“Isn’t that the definition of abandoned?” Ryan said as he also reached for his pokeball confused.

“No, abandoned by definition means forsaken or deserted. This place is not deserted.” Leonardo said as he tossed his pokeball into the air.

In a flash of light his Darkrai was released. A confused Ryan followed suit and unleashed his Latios. The two Pokémon immediately sensed danger and took up protective stances. Shadows slowly emerged from the building and began taking form. The entire western half of Azalea Town was overrun with ghost Pokémon.

“There’s got to be at least 50 ghost Pokémon here.” Ryan said panicked.

“53 actually. I see Misdreavus, Dusclops, Dusknoir and Drifloon on my side.” Leonardo said as he back stepped.

“Well, I see Mismagius, Banette and Haunter. We can fight them off.” Ryan said backing stepping.

“I guess this is your litmus test. But I don’t think your Latios stand a chance against these Pokémon.” Leonardo said.

“I love proving people wrong.” Ryan said with a smile. “Latios, use shadow ball!”

Latios opened its mouth and a ball of black energy formed. The eon then closed its mouth firing the attack into the ghost Pokémon.

“That was amazing but so stupid.” Leonardo shouted.

“What? Why?” Ryan asked.

“Always wait for wild Pokémon to attack first. Never agitate wild Pokémon.
    Do I have to teach you everything?” Leonardo continued screaming.

“I guess so. Well what now?” Ryan worryingly asked.

“I’ll take care of this.” Leonardo said reassuringly. “Darkrai use dark void!”
    Darkrai created a crimson black ball and held it above its head when the ball was big enough Darkrai released multiple smaller balls from the larger one all around its body hitting most of the ghost Pokémon.

The ghost Pokémon that were still awake fled back into the building leaving Leonardo and Ryan alone. The bushes at the edge of town began to rustle. Two separate balls of black energy fired out of the bushes.

“Dragon pulse!”

“Dark pulse!”

The two trainers each ordered their Pokémon to attack. The attacks and the balls of energy collided and cancelled out. Two swirling, purple vortex with green orbs of light circling their faces appeared.

“Spiritomb...” Leonardo mumbled to himself.

“I’m sure those belong to the ghost master we are seeking.” Ryan said.
    A woman emerged from the forest behind the two forbidden Pokémon. She wasn’t young, most likely in her 40’s by Ryan’s estimation. She had silver hair and was dressed in a black kimono.

“Why did you attack my babies?” the strange woman asked.

“Aren’t you going to ask her to join The Legion?” Ryan whispered to Leonardo.

“I don’t think so.” Leonardo whispered back.

“What do you mean you don’t think so?” Ryan whispered confused. “She has two Spiritomb!”

“You see, her name is Grace. I tried to recruit her before and it didn’t go so well. Back then she had a Mismagius.” Leonardo said.

“What exactly happened?” Ryan asked.

“Her silver hair annoyed me.” Leonardo said.

“Wait, what? You are a very strange man.” Ryan said intrigued.

“Thank you.” Leonardo responded.

A small silence followed as the two eyed down the woman.

“Oh Leo, my how you have changed.” Grace said. “I’ve waiting for an opportunity like this. Now I get my revenge. My husband is still in a coma after what your Darkrai did!”

“Do you think your Latios can handle this? Spiritomb are strong than your average ghost types.” Leonardo asked.

Ryan nodded as he signaled for his Latios to get ready.

“Ryan. I have a plan to take them both out but I’ll you to draw both of the

Spiritomb away from Darkrai while he powers up. Can you do it?” Leonardo asked.

“Of course. I always like the odds against me.” Ryan said with a cocky smile.

“Darkrai gather all your strength using Nasty plot!” Leonardo ordered.

The dark Pokémon obeyed and closed it eyes and began concentrating.

“Spiritomb use shadow strike!” Grace ordered with a bitter tone.

The two Spiritomb became shadows and faded into the ground. The shadows moved along the ground and began circling Latios. The eon Pokémon started growling at the constantly moving shadows unsure of what was happening.

“Zen head butt the ground!” Ryan ordered hoping his plan would work.

The blue Pokémon launched itself at the ground slamming its glowing head into the ground. The attack caused the ground to crack. The cracks expanded and touched the shadows of the Spiritomb. The ghost Pokémon materialised immediately.

Latios flew up into the air shaking off the effects of its attack.

“Ominous wind!” screamed Grace, pointing at Latios.

The Spiritomb pointed at Latios and began spinning, creating a cyclone of purple wind and firing it at Latios.

Latios flew into the air to avoid the foul wind that followed. The eon Pokémon weaved through the air avoiding the purple dark energy in the wind. Slowly the dark energy faded out of the air.

“You’re good boy but your lucks run out.” Grace said. “Spiritomb use dark pulse.”

A ball of purple circles appeared in front of the Spiritomb's mouths. They then fired beams of purple circles at the Latios from the ball. The Latios avoided the first beam by diving but was hit by the second on decent. The eon Pokémon fell to ground.

A dark aura began emanating from Darkrai.

“Now see a real dark pulse attack!” Leonardo ordered as his Darkrai grew stronger.

Darkrai crouched and then extended its arms, creating waves of purple circular beams coming out of its body and hit the Spiritomb. The two Spiritomb fell to the ground unconscious.

Slowly Latios began to rise of the ground slowly. Grace recalled her fallen Pokémon.

“Good show old boy.” She said before running into the woods.

“Come on, we have to go after her.” Leonardo said as he made his way to the forest.

“Whoa, seriously? That forest is filled with ghost Pokémon.” Ryan said.

“Man up. This is a rule of The Legion; anyone who knows about us and is not part of us must be silenced.” Leonardo said running into the forest.

Ryan checked on his Latios and the two ran into the forest. The trees were dead and hollow. There were leaves but dried and brittle. The forest floor had no grass: only lifeless soil.

“I wonder what happened to Celebi.” Ryan said examining the forest.

“Celebi belongs to Antonio, a member of The Legion. He is one of the higher up personal.” Leonardo said as Darkrai slashed through the dead foliage.

“How could he do that? The forest died because Celebi was removed.” Ryan said shocked.

“There you go assuming again. Celebi was removed because the forest died.” Leonardo said.

“What that doesn’t...” Ryan tried to speak but was silenced by Leonardo.

“While you were busy talking did you happen to notice anything Ryan?” Leonardo asked.

The blue hair trainer scratched his head as he examined his surroundings.

“Nope.” He responded unsure.

“Look down you fool.” Leonardo said bitterly.

“Oh, what do you know? There’s grass on the ground.” Ryan said excited.

“Exactly, why does this area have grass but not the rest of the forest?” Leonardo asked himself.

“Maybe it has something to do with that shrine?” Ryan said as he walked over to the shrine.

Leonardo walked slowly almost, in a mesmerized trance towards the shrine.
    He began to see the shrine as if it were day. The two contrasting images of what the shrine used to look like and what it does now flashed in Leonardo’s head.

“Hey, are you okay?” Ryan asked snapping his fingers.

“Yeah, just feel strange. This whole place feels strange.” Leonardo said as his shuddered.

Ryan walked up to the shrine and began examining it. The writing on shrine was in a strange language based on symbols.

“Hey look at this. I found something in English.”Ryan said as he brushed away the moss.

Ryan wiped away the thick layers of green moss with his hand to reveal the letters “A R I T L E O.”

“Aritleo? Arit-leo? Ar-itleo?” Ryan tried pronouncing the letter to decipher the meaning.

“It’s not A R I T L E O, its A R I + L E O. Idiot.” Leonardo said as he examined the writing.

“Did you write that?” Ryan asked.

“No, I didn’t. I don’t even know a girl named Ari. This is only the second time
    I’ve been in this forest.” Leonardo said as he felt the engraving.

“Maybe you know a guy name Ari?” Ryan said sarcastically.

“Ha ha, very funny.” Leonardo said.

A loud roar cut through the forest air from behind the two. The sound of trees being broken by a Pokémon that was fast approaching caused Ryan and Leonardo to take up defensive stances.

Ryan and Leonardo could see a pair of red glowing eyes approach them. From the size of the eyes the Pokémon appeared to be very large.

Nice chapter, as always! But just to point a few things out, a few comma missed:
    You’re good boy, but your lucks run out.
    “While you were busy talking, did you happen to notice anything Ryan?”
    And a few more.

Still, keep working! Keep up the posts! Love your work
    --A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world--

Pokemon Expert

He is trying to bring pace into the story. Comma's are left out to increase the pace. You can't always do a fast part of the story slowly. It doesn't make sense. But i understand the point u are trying to make.

Not a really bright way to increase the pace, if we're talking about literature. Comma and exclamation/question marks are the reason you can read my sentences here and the other way round. Retype any quick-paced writings without their punctuation marks. It WILL be awkward (at least, in my opinion)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast