Thread: Tron legacy OST

cool2 Tron legacy OST

Kudos to those who bought it and got a free glow-in-the-dark poster, as for me, I downloaded it from rocketMP3. The soundtrack really compliments the movie very well, some tracks have the DaftPunk feel into it, others have that epic movie experience kind of moments, and the last few have the slow parts more emotional.

Though I am worried that most people will think of it as the next DaftPunk album and in some songs, it feels like one, but most forget that it's a "movie" soundtrack, which most DP fans will be disappointed since the track is mostly orchestrated for moments in the movie. As for the songs that DP made to fit into the world of TRON, I'm really impressed of how they expanded out of they're repetitiveness and mixed it up with some serious drum beats and orchestra hits with the electronica beats and sounds we all love. For the most part I think DP did amazing with the soundtrack

Is it worth buying? I guess if you truly love the movie and DP enough then yes, but I would much rather get only the "cool" songs since most of it is just filler for the sappy slow parts and moods in the movie. It's just one of those soundtracks that really good if you hear it in the movie, rather than itself.

-Patick Harting (Atomika)

no

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    no
    -takes a broom- Shhooo shoooo! Away with you, damned troll you!

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

i need to listen to this album.

i just hope that its not just song upon song of constant repetition and nothing else.

your welcome

The other Cylons call me Triclops. ShadowRaven's Avatar

I listened to a couple of tracks and really liked it, but I'm in a kind-of orchestral stage atm so maybe I'll hold off. But my guess is I'll need to get it sooner or later.

ShadowRaven

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

Beginning Trainer

I also like it...

Haha, I can't believe I was actually contemplating not getting this.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

Heart of Gold, Soul of Silver. Midnight the dark Espeon's Avatar

The Tron OST is awesome! Im listening to it right now!
    Black FC:
    0423 7880 2025

http://pokedream.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15474
    ^Some pretty freaky crap, check it out.
    ~Current avatar (and most of my sig) made by Ed~
    Quote Originally Posted by Pants,_and_the_beast_dwelling_within View Post
    Negr O's! now with marshmallow bling and chicken!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    I swear allegiance to Midnight, the coolest person ever to grace the internet :D

*withholds his wrath from Kirbx*

Man, I feel like doing a review! But I've got some other shit I've putting off for waaay too long, plus I doubt anyone would care. But still, the soundtrack is quite great.

Albert Einstein

I take a shot at one of your reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Atomika View Post
    I take a shot at one of your reviews
    Thanks man. I'll think about it.

Albert Einstein

Anytime ///~^

Beginning Trainer

I like this one..