Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easy

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    the ps3 is graphically superior to the ps3
    lmao! QUOTED BABY!

ANYWAY

i agree that the ps3 has alot of nice little perks like blu ray and those games i mentioned ealier, but it just doesn't have backwards compatability with ps2 games unless you have the old, $600 model.

personally, i get most of the enjoyment out of the wii because of its exceptional library of games, both downloadable and disk based, and for the xbox, mostly just downloadable (i play more orange box than anything else).

i really dont see the charm in blu ray... it just makes movie have higher clarity and 60fps. and that actually makes some movies look WORSE! i mean, have you watched a clockwork orange on dvd, and then watched it on blu ray? on dvd, it has a grittiness and distorted charm that you can only really get with an older output, whilst the blu ray makes it look too good. it loses that classical cham, and makes everything look like somebody is just recording something live with an HD camera. its not surreal enough.

i mean, some movies tend to be visual stunners, but they aren't what i look for in movies. i want a well-written story, charm, extravagance, great characters, entertainment, and a nicely developed plot.

beauty does not a good movie make.

and i'm not arguing about the game library. it definitely does have a nice selection of originals, but i tend to like the games that are available for both consoles, like bioshock, the orange box, rock band, etc.

your welcome

yep.

and a clockwork orange is way better than avatar anyway.

your welcome

your your avatar is a real person face man

face

your welcome

the ps3 is graphically superior to the ps3,
    undoubtedly

oh crap that wasnt the last post of the thread

:O

ohes noes rayne

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    i see
    said the blind man

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pants, and the beast dwelling within View Post
    i agree that the ps3 has alot of nice little perks like blu ray and those games i mentioned ealier, but it just doesn't have backwards compatability with ps2 games unless you have the old, $600 model.
    Sony is fixing that with more and more PS2 games becoming downloadable via PSN. And if you have a working PS2, then what's the problem with not being able to play them on a PS3? That's double profit for Sony and they ARE a business.

personally, i get most of the enjoyment out of the wii because of its exceptional library of games, both downloadable and disk based, and for the xbox, mostly just downloadable (i play more orange box than anything else).

i really dont see the charm in blu ray... it just makes movie have higher clarity and 60fps. and that actually makes some movies look WORSE! i mean, have you watched a clockwork orange on dvd, and then watched it on blu ray? on dvd, it has a grittiness and distorted charm that you can only really get with an older output, whilst the blu ray makes it look too good. it loses that classical cham, and makes everything look like somebody is just recording something live with an HD camera. its not surreal enough.
    Then don't buy them. Just because someone has a PS3 does not mean that they just buy blu ray disks from then on. PS3 can play regular DVDs.
    And how something looks based on disk format is totally opinion-based and not a true argumentative point to make.

i mean, some movies tend to be visual stunners, but they aren't what i look for in movies. i want a well-written story, charm, extravagance, great characters, entertainment, and a nicely developed plot.

beauty does not a good movie make.
    No, but it helps. That's why Hollywood tends to hire attractive people to be actors. Unless you would rather watch a romantic movie between two very ugly fat people as long as it had a good plot?

and i'm not arguing about the game library. it definitely does have a nice selection of originals, but i tend to like the games that are available for both consoles, like bioshock, the orange box, rock band, etc.
    Again, an opinion. Though it's safe to say that most people will agree that what makes a console "worth it" are the exclusives. If every game was multiplatform, there'd be no reason to buy one console or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    Sony is fixing that with more and more PS2 games becoming downloadable via PSN. And if you have a working PS2, then what's the problem with not being able to play them on a PS3? That's double profit for Sony and they ARE a business.
    most people who have a PS3 don't have a PS2. alot of my friends traded their PS2's for a PS3 in fact. and as for the DLC PS2 games, isnt that what the 360 did 2 years ago with xbox originals? lol

Then don't buy them. Just because someone has a PS3 does not mean that they just buy blu ray disks from then on. PS3 can play regular DVDs.
    And how something looks based on disk format is totally opinion-based and not a true argumentative point to make.
    no, but it shouldn't be a big advertising gimmick. most sales of the ps3 back in '08 were promoted almost completely by blu ray and MGS4.

and these aren't to raise argument, these are simply opinions.

No, but it helps. That's why Hollywood tends to hire attractive people to be actors. Unless you would rather watch a romantic movie between two very ugly fat people as long as it had a good plot?
    lol, i didn't mean the characters, i meant the video quality. and even so, have you seen shawn of the dead? the characters aren't phenomenally beautiful, and most of the extras are normal people. some ugly, some not. and it got its way into being my favorite movie of all time for it's character's acting, the comedy, the most brilliant writing i have ever seen, and the clever homage cinematography. its definitely low budget in effects, but its still a brilliant film.

and it does help movies like transformers and avatar be "super dooper cool" and "omg that was a big explosion wowee!"

Again, an opinion. Though it's safe to say that most people will agree that what makes a console "worth it" are the exclusives. If every game was multiplatform, there'd be no reason to buy one console or the other.
    get the cheaper alternative if most of the games you want on it are for both platforms. that was really the reason.

PS: all of my comments ARE opinions. thats what i was trying to express. if i just spread nothing but facts, i would be spewing out things people already knew, and i'd be wasting more of your time.

your welcome

most people who have a PS3 don't have a PS2. alot of my friends traded their PS2's for a PS3 in fact. and as for the DLC PS2 games, isnt that what the 360 did 2 years ago with xbox originals? lol
    Nah, most people I know held onto their PS2s, especially since most bought their PS3s after the price drop and the backward compatibility was taken out. I kept my PS2, and ol' bessy is still going strong, though she doesn't play blue disks anymore. Aww...

no, but it shouldn't be a big advertising gimmick. most sales of the ps3 back in '08 were promoted almost completely by blu ray and MGS4.
    And Microsoft was betting on Halo, Xbox Live and the fact that it was released before the PS3. lolmarketing.

and these aren't to raise argument, these are simply opinions.
    Mmm'kay.

lol, i didn't mean the characters, i meant the video quality. and even so, have you seen shawn of the dead? the characters aren't phenomenally beautiful, and most of the extras are normal people. some ugly, some not. and it got its way into being my favorite movie of all time for it's character's acting, the comedy, the most brilliant writing i have ever seen, and the clever homage cinematography. its definitely low budget in effects, but its still a brilliant film.

and it does help movies like transformers and avatar be "super dooper cool" and "omg that was a big explosion wowee!"
    I'm an animation buff. SFX to me are the color palettes and art style. Blu rays are actually better for animated movies than live action ones because animated movies typically have more color contrast and look better with a beefed up frame rate. If anything, blu rays have better audio quality, which is why I buy them.
    I actually can't wait until blu ray FLCL finally gets released. FUNimation said that it was supposed to be released by the holiday season this year, those lying sneers.

get the cheaper alternative if most of the games you want on it are for both platforms. that was really the reason.
    You mean buying the cheapest console for the game? That'd go Wii < PS3 < 360 < PC.

But, if you're looking for overall quality of the game based on graphics and playability, that'd go (PC) > PS3 > 360 > Wii.

PS: all of my comments ARE opinions. thats what i was trying to express. if i just spread nothing but facts, i would be spewing out things people already knew, and i'd be wasting more of your time.
    But I like facts~

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Wait, is Pants actually saying that the 360 is superior to the PS3?

Nah, most people I know held onto their PS2s, especially since most bought their PS3s after the price drop and the backward compatibility was taken out. I kept my PS2, and ol' bessy is still going strong, though she doesn't play blue disks anymore. Aww...
    at least 80% of people i know got rid of their PS2, but thats just a personal experience

And Microsoft was betting on Halo, Xbox Live and the fact that it was released before the PS3. lolmarketing.
    oh marketing you cruel faggot

Mmm'kay.
    your a lackey mackey!

I'm an animation buff. SFX to me are the color palettes and art style. Blu rays are actually better for animated movies than live action ones because animated movies typically have more color contrast and look better with a beefed up frame rate. If anything, blu rays have better audio quality, which is why I buy them.
    I actually can't wait until blu ray FLCL finally gets released. FUNimation said that it was supposed to be released by the holiday season this year, those lying sneers.
    i agree. WHERES MY FLCL

You mean buying the cheapest console for the game? That'd go Wii < PS3 < 360 < PC.

But, if you're looking for overall quality of the game based on graphics and playability, that'd go (PC) > PS3 > 360 > Wii.
    price is right, except PC can be anywhere in that mess

but personally, i think the wii has more playability than all of the systems. it has a choice between 3 main controllers (wiimote, wiimote/nunchuk, gamecube controller), it has a library that spans every generation of console, it has some of the greatest games of all time (SMgalaxy 1 and 2, twilight princess, SMBB, resident evil 4 wii and GC, resident evil umbrella and darkside chronicles, madworld, etc.) and its perfectly backwards compatable with GC (besides the gameboy player).

i'd say, in playability wii> ps3 > PC > 360

PC behind PS3 because its variable. there isn't a consistent model that performs the same as another

and i'd consider graphics as another category, and i'd think you got that right.

But I like facts~
    THE CINCO FACTS MACHINE!

your welcome

i agree. WHERES MY FLCL

price is right, except PC can be anywhere in that mess
    Typically, PC's cost more. To get any good PC that can run games is hundreds of dollars already, plus any added specs, and any replaced/updated parts you get over the years. To keep your PC in top form for games, you also have to update it every 6 months, if not, every year. Consoles are much more plug-and-play because the games are made with the hardware in mind. It's reversed for PCs.

but personally, i think the wii has more playability than all of the systems. it has a choice between 3 main controllers (wiimote, wiimote/nunchuk, gamecube controller), it has a library that spans every generation of console, it has some of the greatest games of all time (SMgalaxy 1 and 2, twilight princess, SMBB, resident evil 4 wii and GC, resident evil umbrella and darkside chronicles, madworld, etc.) and its perfectly backwards compatable with GC (besides the gameboy player).
    Mmm, I've been playing my Wii for everyday this past week. Playing me some great Fire Emblem.

i'd say, in playability wii> ps3 > PC > 360

PC behind PS3 because its variable. there isn't a consistent model that performs the same as another

and i'd consider graphics as another category, and i'd think you got that right.
    You know that Wii's are indestructible (or, at least, airtight)? I accidentally split orange soda all over my Wii about a year ago and it still works. My brother's 360 once was tripped over by the dog and it got the red ring of death. Yay.

well, if you don't count emulators, and you compare to an average 2-3G ram PC,

wii is the best out of the 4 in my honest opinion.

star fox 64 and resident evil wii edition sealed it for me

your welcome

I like playing star fox 64 on my n64 more.

if only everyone still had an n64...

your welcome

I do!

Why do people give such priceless machinery away?

because flea markets are for mexicans, and they dont know the value!

your welcome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12