Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 64

Thread: Its funny how completely blind us Americans are

  1. #1
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,023

    Default Its funny how completely blind us Americans are

    While I sit here eating my egg samitch all over the world children are being enslived our there some earthquake or flood that killed 200 thousand people or some blood war going down in Africa. All sorts of shit. And people are still complaining about Katrina and 911 where only like 1000 and 5000 people died.

    *continues to eat samitch*

  2. #2
    if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    there's a snake in my boot!
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    your so wakaii kirbyx


    your welcome

  3. #3
    Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kaleidoscope Of Mathematics
    Posts
    18,270

    Default

    We can't be that blind.

    Not when we have troops all over the world observing people and locations.

  4. #4
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,023

    Default

    Soldiers are to busy eating at buffets.

  5. #5
    Heart of Gold, Soul of Silver. Midnight the dark Espeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Like you'd look for me, pffft...
    Posts
    2,405

    Default

    You know why I don't care about wars or starving kids in other countries? It's not me.
    Black FC:
    0423 7880 2025




    http://pokedream.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15474
    ^Some pretty freaky crap, check it out.
    ~Current avatar (and most of my sig) made by Ed~
    Quote Originally Posted by Pants,_and_the_beast_dwelling_within View Post
    Negr O's! now with marshmallow bling and chicken!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    I swear allegiance to Midnight, the coolest person ever to grace the internet :D

    *withholds his wrath from Kirbx*

  6. #6
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Soldiers are to busy eating at buffets.
    hahahaha

  7. #7
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,023

    Default

    I find it hilarious when soldiers talk about there experience in the middle east. The hang out in a big base all day and eat at a huge ass buffet every fucking day with all the best foods imaginable. Every once in a while they have to go out and do shit but 95% of the time its chill time. No wonder why we never win "hearts and minds" there.

  8. #8
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    We can't be that blind.

    Not when we have troops all over the world observing people and locations.

    They see, but they don't do much. And how does an average person know anything about what they observe anyway?
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  9. #9
    All the storms that I've seen are countless reasons not to believe T-RaT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    377

    Default

    lrn2british

    That is all.


    Life begins as a quest of the child for the man and ends as a journey by the man to rediscover the child.

  10. #10
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Ok trat

  11. #11

    Default

    You know Solly, when I see your av, all I can think of is a Probopass sitting at a computer trying to type.

  12. #12
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,023

    Default

    oh those Jews

  13. #13

    Default

    Something special

  14. #14
    Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kaleidoscope Of Mathematics
    Posts
    18,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trixie View Post
    They see, but they don't do much. And how does an average person know anything about what they observe anyway?
    I'm just saying. We have 50,000 troops in Germany; just as many in Japan, and a whole bunch in the Middle East. Heck, we even have about 9,000 troops hanging about the United Kingdom. And not to mention American ambassadors and missionaries that are stationed in random countries around the world.

    Kirby seems to imply that we're isolationists and aren't aware of world, when we are. It's not like we only care about domestic issues because that would make us lose our status as a world power.

    To rule out the possibility of non-profit organizations is a fault too, because their are literally thousands of organizations just for helping Africans, whether it be through medical care, education, food, shelter or other needs. We helped people in Haiti through those organizations (though Haiti's poverty was kinda... our fault) and we help other people in other countries for many other reasons.

    And seriously, America is not the only country that does this. Britain does the same deal, as well as other countries that can afford to.

    The reason some Americans are still bawling over Katrina or 911 is usually because they were personally involved, but once the generations pass, people will stop bringing them up because they just stop caring or don't reason the reason to complain about something that happened to their parents or grandparents. It's not like Great-Grandchildren of WWII vets hate the Japanese or want to kill every German they see. That would be ridiculous.

  15. #15
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,023

    Default

    Pichubro just owned me.

    Funny in all my years here I have never seen that happen to anyone I must be special.

  16. #16
    Beginning Trainer
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    92

    Default

    I agree with Kirby but in much more general terms.

    2 days ago, Barack Obama said he was aware of the floods in Queensland, and he would send help.

    First of all, the floods have been going on for nearly 2 months now, and he only just noticed? Second, there has been no help from anyone, our SES has been doing everything.

    America doesn't help anyone but America. America doesn't help Africa... The celebrities do.. People forget that.

    Aside from that, America is a narrrow minded country, 150%. I've spoken to Americans that havn't known what Football is, that dont know what Rugby, or Cricket is. I recently met a Texan that thinks Texas is bigger then Australia.

    America calls everything the WORLD something. For example, the WORLD Series of Baseball with only American teams. Are you guys getting the picture?

    Kirby is right but I can't belive Pichubro you just said your not Isolanationists. Thats laughable.

  17. #17
    if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    there's a snake in my boot!
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    who watches baseball? lol

    anyway, when you say the "country" you might be completely judging everything we do based on what our government does. no matter what legislation we are under, more than 50% of americans will always disagree with it. thats why each party switches into power every couple of years.

    oh, and how are we isolationists when we are communicating to you? LMAO! OUR SOCIETY THRIVES ON COMMUNICATION!!! why do you think we're required to learn a second language in high school before we can graduate? its so we can COMMUNICATE TO DIFFERENT SOCIETIES AND CULTURES! that is the complete OPPOSITE of isolation



    and i have never met anyone ever who doesn't know what football. both american and FIFA. its 1 thing to know what the sports are, and another to know their function and method of play.

    and as for the majority of american sports, it label's as national. national football league, national basketball association, and american league baseball is just Major League Baseball.

    i think everything you stated against america is GROSSLY exaggerated, except for our international policy of course.

    PS: the celebrities help less than you might think. they simply donate small amounts to villages outside of tribal war, and they do it solely for the tax right-off. america's only big help to the world is economic exchange. our country does purchase and export ALOT.


    your welcome

  18. #18
    Beginning Trainer
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    92

    Default

    So does China, but yeah I do need to say my biggest problem with America is the goverment, the people are actually pretty nice, but like every county some are complete idiots, Australia has them, European countrys, UK, South America, the entire world has them. So it's nothing particular against America.

    Isolationists when you consider how limited some Americans view on the outside world is. Not considering your comment about "Second language in high school" When I was in High School they teached up Japanese, No one learnt anything it was a total waste of time and we all graduated anyway.

  19. #19
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    I'm just saying. We have 50,000 troops in Germany; just as many in Japan, and a whole bunch in the Middle East. Heck, we even have about 9,000 troops hanging about the United Kingdom. And not to mention American ambassadors and missionaries that are stationed in random countries around the world.

    Kirby seems to imply that we're isolationists and aren't aware of world, when we are. It's not like we only care about domestic issues because that would make us lose our status as a world power.

    To rule out the possibility of non-profit organizations is a fault too, because their are literally thousands of organizations just for helping Africans, whether it be through medical care, education, food, shelter or other needs. We helped people in Haiti through those organizations (though Haiti's poverty was kinda... our fault) and we help other people in other countries for many other reasons.

    And seriously, America is not the only country that does this. Britain does the same deal, as well as other countries that can afford to.

    The reason some Americans are still bawling over Katrina or 911 is usually because they were personally involved, but once the generations pass, people will stop bringing them up because they just stop caring or don't reason the reason to complain about something that happened to their parents or grandparents. It's not like Great-Grandchildren of WWII vets hate the Japanese or want to kill every German they see. That would be ridiculous.
    I know that about the country in general

    I'm just pointing out that there are many "average" people, like you'd just meet on the road say, who don't know or don't care about all that stuff and just think about "eating their sandwiches" or what they're going to wear tonight. And yeah, if they even think about world events, it tends to be about something closer home.

    People are like that everywhere- I'm not talking about a particular place or country, but if you think about it, there are thousands of people who go through life not realising what really is happening in the world.
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  20. #20
    if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    there's a snake in my boot!
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    blaze, i dont think isolation is a good arguement for a countries worth...

    seriously, how many other countries have you been to?

    not many i'm sure. i know i havent, and do you know why?

    because i, and 90% of any country outside of europe cannot afford to. traveling long distance costs you in 2 ways; cost of travel/staying, and cost of not working while there.

    they are hard to recover from unless you really had a budget planned for the expensive trip, or it was a funded program from your college/educational program.

    and its not like americans dont read the world news, talk to people exclusively from america all the time, or anything like that :p


    your welcome

  21. #21
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Blaziken, what is the approximate population and size of Canada? When was South Africa liberated, by who, and how does its government work? What is curling and how is it played? What actions has your government taken to help Chinese earthquake victims in years past? You're being such a hypocrite right now. Every country is like America - every country has incidents and ignorance and political scandals, the only reason America gets all the blame is because a) it's the world's current go to superpower b) it has a very obtrusive media and c) it actually has interesting politics. I fucking hate little shits like you who run around squealing out random things they hear over liberal media without even considering the other side. You're a close-minded tool and I can't believe I even took the time to read your post when I knew where it was going. I'm Canadian, but I know many Americans and they're not idiots, they're a little ruder yes, but definitely not the ignorant imbeciles you're constantly accusing them of being.

  22. #22
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,023

    Default

    wait wut blaziken didn't say that...

    solly you be trolling

  23. #23
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Yeah, remember when AUSTRALIA created Wikileaks. I remember that.

  24. #24
    if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    there's a snake in my boot!
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    hey remember when Australia did all those things to aid the allies in WWII?

    and remember how they are the most important country in the world? and how they have the most exportable natural resources ever>?

    and remember how they have the TOUGHEST military on the planet, and are completely able to hold back another countries invasion to take all of their PLENTIFUL natural resources?

    oh wait...


    your welcome

  25. #25
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Pants that's not the point I was making at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •