Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ditto

Default Ditto

Ditto

Ditto is fist pumping and dancing the night away somewhere. Finally after over 15 years of being an awful pokemon ditto is now a good pokemon. Why? Eccentric allows ditto to transform into the targets pokemon immediately after a switch in. Add a choice scarf and boom out speeds whatever pokemon you copy to making it the best revenge killer in the game.

HP: 48
    Attack: 48
    Defense: 48
    Sp. Attack: 48
    Sp. Defense: 48
    Speed: 48

Kill Ass Set
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Ability: Eccentric
    Nature: Hasty
    Evs: 252 HP 6 Def 252 Speed
    -transform

Imagine this Salamance dragon dancing up a strom 6+ in attack and speed because you where like not attacking it its about to sweep you whole freaking team. What do you do? Just switch in a ditto! The ditto steals all that Salamanceís stats and is faster with choice scarf and you easily kill that salamance and then proceed to sweep his entire team. Irony! Thatís the entire idea behind this set you can revenge kill whatever because you can. Gengar kill you shadow ball it. Dugtrio trap your heatran? Sucker punch that fool. So many option here to revenge kill. And it doesnít end there ditto can also be an great asset as a scouter. Thinking about dragon dancing up your Salamance but arenít sure if that blissey has ice beam? Just switch in a ditto then you can see all its moves and act accordingly. Ditto does has 2 huge issues to deal with though 1. Calm mind and bulky up boosters and 2 other choice scarfers. More bulky set uppers donít worry about there speed and can freely switch between moves and possibly stall you but ditto with choice scarf is stuck in one moves easily predicted and if they set up even more calm minds or bulk ups your screwed. Other scarf attackers are also annoying seeing as they cause a speed tie meaning the fate of the battle is up in the air and if it goes wrong you lose a ditto. The evs are some mythical situation where ditto loses its eccentric somehow so it can fast transform with its speed then be bulky with the HP.

Ivs: Hidden Power

While this might not seem like the biggest issue it in fact is. Ditto does yes steal all the opponents stats and moves when its transforms but due to the fact that hidden powers are calculated is a separate place at the beginning of the battle and can not be changed even when it transforms. What does that mean? If you run a full 31 IVS and copy a pokemon with hidden power you will no copy the hidden powerís type but infact keep hidden power dark which is a shit hidden power. Hidden power ice and fire are the best for coverage though a few other are worth merit like ground to trap and kill other anemones and hidden power bug to surprise kill celebi.

Other Options:
    -pretty much the only other options here are other choices for items (aside from hidden powers but I just discussed those above) so lets review some:
    -life orb or for sweeping but due to speed tie rarely a good option accept against tanks
    -leftovers allows you to stall other stallers which is pretty cool although the PP loss is a killer but then again just switch in and back out and you gain all your PP back something other stallers canít do
    -sitrus berry allow you to take a super effective hit and then another and fire back with 2 and kill off the opponent good on tanks
    -limber ditto does has ONE good thing about it which is it canít be affected by thunder wave which if you predict well can work out but its gimmicky at best considering eccentric ditto is so good
    -you can prefer a lead set but your going to have to ditch choice scarf then then there speed ties and then your risking everything on luck which isnít that bad as a lead but honestly if you want ditto as a lead your better off using another pokemon as a lead and ditto somewhere else

Team Options:
    -Taking many hits possibly a wisher on your team might be a good idea as with a cleric to team and status on ditto.
    -Stall teams love this thing as they can do what ever the hell they want set up spikes rocks aromatherapy WHATEVER until they die from a boosted sweeper and then you steal those boosts. Itís a great excuse to be stupid and not have taunters and trickers.
    -Having many problems with boosting bulk up and calm mind sweepers one should have solid special and physical attackers to attack there weak point after the boost. A ghost type makes a good special attacker since many bulk up users have mach punch.
    -Good trainers know how to counter there own pokemon so you most likely going to have to switch a few times. Most of the time they will spread some status around so a status absorber is good.
    -If you need to have a good pokemon to scout around for moves this is your man. Great on offensive teams to prepare a sweep by systematically killing off any threats.
    -Rapid spinners are a good idea since ditto does a lot of switches and does not appreciate continuous switch damage.

Counters:
    -as mentioned bulky up and calm mind users give ditto a run for its money
    -other choice scarfers might kill it off
    -not falling for the stupid trainer trap and continue to boost out the wazo
    - priority attacks against your own pokemon as a revenge revenge killer like for the Salamance in the first example perhaps have something with ice fang
    -donít have moves that are strong against yourself
    -entry hazards
    -opposing stall teams leave ditto with nothing to do but scout

fuck no poll

I say its OU anyone want to be a fag and disagree?

The other Cylons call me Triclops. ShadowRaven's Avatar

The Ed's argument about it being a 'universal tier' poke seems logical. But other then that, yeah.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

Thats was my arguement...

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

I'd say it was our argument. You proposed it, I justified it.

hmmm

Overall I just have problems with tier being justified soley on useage.

In most cases usage is a reflection of ability. X is better than Y; Y is better than Z; X is used more than Y which is used more than Z.

A lot of 4th gen OU pokemon had stupid abilities like skarmory. It more about filling niches like skarmory honestly isn't the best physical wall but in OU whirlwind + being immune to ground attacks and taking liek no damaage from stone edge made in OU.

Skarmory is the best at what it does and is most suited to the OU environment. Artificial selection does that: it finds the best thing for a particular job.

but does that mean it should be banned from lower tiers?

If you believe that one purpose of tiers is to increase diversity, then yes. Allow Skarmory and everyone uses it. However, if the purpose of tiers is to create balance, then no. Skarmory is vulnerable to special Fire and Electric attacks, although it might be difficult pinning it down.

Its just an example. But I don't know I just don't like tiering on useage it seems silly and leads to things like Riakou and Cresselia in UU.

Well, you know more about tiers than I do. But I'm inclined to trust the people that set them up (mostly).

I still can't believe they put CRESSELIA in UU. What morons.

Is it good in OU or BL?

no becuase of sandstorm moonlight is shit to its like never used becuase Blissey outclasses it

but in UU it pawned EVERYTHING

Sounds like it's in the right tier, then.

Yankee Doodle came to town a'riding on a freaking dragonite koi901's Avatar

i hate ditto personily

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

OU-uber.

it copies motherfucking kyogre.

rapes the whole world if kyogre is about dead and not scarfed

basicially, it works in any tier with eccentric.

your welcome

placing in OU for now

although I would like to discuss putting this in NU a bit more

or have ditto in it's own tier, kinda like how it is for ditto with breeding
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

how does that make any sense

all battles would be a tie instantly

well then, never mind. Ditto has become a wild card... or rather more so, and can fit into any tier like you and ed have stated before. Make a Universal Tier that further explains that being in that tier essentially means being a part of every tier.
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

I think that ditto smeargle and shednija fit into all tiers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast