I just realized that it is a storied Pokedream tradition to post this in early November. So such I shall do.
2010 was an odd year. Mario left, activity oscillated wildly, and the most dynamic new faction in years pumped some new blood into PD; i speak of course of the so called "COSMO KNIGHTS." Well that's all well and good but all anyone cares about is what high honors were earned from that year. Well, now you shall know:
POSTER OF THE YEAR: God
- CAN it be anyone else? God's activity and ambition in regards to posting have dropped fairly consistently year to year for the past several years now, but still, who else? Consistently active throughout the whole year, the obvious 'leader' of the forums, and still able to make some high quality posts and threads. No one has knocked him off his perch yet and it's unlikely at this point that anyone ever will.
2005: God & Dogar the Brave
2008: God & Mario the Black Knight
2009: God & Mario the Black Knight
RUNNER-UP POSTER OF THE YEAR: Hicky
- Hicky has finally broken through the glass ceiling and can count himself among the very upper-echelon of Pokedream's history. After two years of general inconsistency after his break-out performance in 2007, he is finally at the top of his game. He was consistently active throughout most of the year, aside from the month or so recent absence which he has just returned from. His posting was of a very high quality in humor, wit and intellect.
2005: TeenageAngst & redcheetah
2008: PokeMasterSean13 & Eve
BEST NEWB: Justin
- One of the first of the cosmo crew to join and become considerably active. He was a fairly generic poster at first, but still noteworthy for being tolerable and active for a new member these days. He acclimated to PD well but wasn't really standout in anyway. Over the summer he started to become an out of control monster, a wildcard stirring up trouble and attacking anyone he pleased. This created several interesting posts and scenarios and was rather entertaining. His shtick got a little old when he was working it exclusively, but it was still entertaining often enough and recently he has started to temper it with more of his actual persona to tune it down. His allegiance lies much more certainly with Cosmo than PD, but he still posts now and then and is a fairly valued member.
2005: God & Dogar the Brave
2008: Keke le Cat
2009: Nidoking & leo33wii
FUNNIEST POSTER: God & Hicky
- with so few members it's really a redundant award. it can just simply be said the the poster of the year, runner up, and sometimes the runner ups are all quite hilarious. god and hicky probably deserve it with an honorable mention for justin, rayne and lord.
2005: God & Dogar
2008: Devil & PokeMasterSean13
2010: God & Hicky
BEST FLAMER: Rayne
- With Mario gone this was a tough decision. Either Justin or Rayne could have taken it but Rayne got the nod for being more RUTHLESS and HARD HITTING especially in some of his arguments with Keke.
MOST IMPROVED: Rayne & Lord
- Both had inauspicious beginnings. Lord was a massive faggot who annoyed everyone, got banned a lot, then kept coming back with alts to continue to be a big annoying faggot. God always had a certain liking for him and hoped he would one day succeed -- and he finally has. Who would have expected such a comeback from Lord, now one of the finest posters of modern PD. Rayne, also, came in as a bit of a faggot who tried way too hard to flame higher-level member and often got into boring arguments no one wanted to read. This year he has came back and been a high quality member who is hilarious, witty, intelligent, and a force to be reckoned with in textual confrontation. They are now among the best members of the dwindling Pokedream roster, and the sky(and pd's future activity) is the limit for their future careers.
2006: AZN Party Boy
2009: The Lacemaker
2010: Rayne & Lord
BEST NETDRAMA: N/A
- yeah really
2007: Fullmetal vs. Dogar
RIPDO MEMORIAL AWARD: Ripdo
- Thank God, she has regained her throne. She briefly returned during the summer and to the delight of all was as Ripdoy as ever. No one can compare with Ripdo in the realm of Ripdoness, and there is little doubt that it will remain that way forever.
The Second Annual PokeMasterSean13 Memorial Award for Outstanding Achievements in the Field of Online Womanizing: Dogar the Brave
2005: Dogar the Brave
2006: Dogar the Brave
2007: Dogar the Brave
2009: Dogar the Brave
2010: Dogar the Brave
There we have it. It wasn't a great year but it was a PD year, and what else matters? Who knows what next year holds in store.