2 50.00%
  • RU

0 0%
  • NU

0 0%

Thread: Ursaring

Default Ursaring

Ursaring

Ursaring is an interesting pokemon with a sky high attack it can be a real threat but the problem is its speed is really low and its defenses are mediocre at best. But ursaring has 2 great abilities one to increase its speed and the other to increase its attack even more as well has a great move pool. In lower tiers it can be a real threat.

HP: 90
    Attack: 130
    Defense: 75
    Sp. Attack: 75
    Sp. Defense: 75
    Speed: 55

Quick Feet Sweeper
    Item: Toxic Orb
    Ability: Quick Feet
    Nature: Jolly
    Evs: 42 HP 252 Attack 216 Speed
    -swords dance
    -facade
    -close combat
    -crunch

This is a real scary set in lower tiers as it allows Ursaring to have a great speed with that amazing attack. Tie that with swords dance it youíre a real threat. Facade is a real powerful move after a toxic orb boost and stab. Close combat is for steels that resist it and crunch for ghosts. With those 3 moves its hard to lable a pokemon that resists all them. The evs allow you to outspeed base 100s and that rest of the 252 goes into HP for a tad more bulky. Then attack to make you even more of a fearsome sweeper. Toxic orb is needed to boost speed here as flame orb decrease your attack with quick feet still.

Swords Dance Wall Breaker
    Item: Life Orb/Flame Orb/Toxic Orb
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Adamant
    Evs: 46 HP 252 Attack 212 Speed
    -swords dance
    -facade/return
    -close combat
    -crunch

Ursanring might not have the best speed out there but it has just enough to out speed many of the walls in lower tiers and with that great attack kill them off or force a switch where you swords dance up. Facade
    Is a good stab move thatís real powerful with toxic/flame orb but if you choose life orb here and fear that you wonít be able to get your status on there is return. As with the first set you can close combat steel and rock walls and crunch for ghosts. The main choice here is between life orb and toxic/flame orb. Toxic and flame orb allow you to really boost up that facade and make youíre a fearsome wall breaker but life orb can be used if you use Ursaring as a status absorber so you an theoretically get the guts boost and a life orb boost on top of that. The choice between toxic orb and flame orb is simply how long do you think ursaring will last? After 3 turns toxic orb damage starts to pile up but before then it does less damage then flame orb. The evs allow you to out speed the fastest wall in UU which is Milotic with no investment in speed and the rest of that 252 goes into HP for bulk and then 252 straight up in attack to sweep. The only other option here is 244 evs in speed to outspeed base 85s which isnít that great with the only notable pokemon that runs no speed is Articuno.

Other Options:
    -choice band is possible to be a status absorber but generally its much better to boost up with swords dance and then life orb
    -more bulky spreads are possible but other pokemon run them better and Ursaring needs its speed to wall break or even sweep
    -earthquake is a notable option over close combat as close combat quickly makes ursaring frail and fodder for faster sweepers but earthquake misses out on many 1HKOs in UU.
    -bulk up and belly drum are options over swords dance but generally there are better bulky uppers and ursaring doesnít have the defenses to belly drum
    -most fighting attacks are easily outclassed by even earthquake but low kick can be used in many OU for laughs but in lower tiers things arenít as fat
    -the elemental punches are options but generally the damage from facade is better unless you get a quadruplelly effective pokemon stone edge has a similar explanation
    -shadow claw and night slash have a high critical hit ratio for just 10 less power then crunch
    -payback can get to 100 power if slower but since Ursaring is usually trying to be faster its not the best option
    -double edge is stronger then return but is only an option on life orb sets where recoil on top of recoil hurts
    -yawn forces switches for a chance to swords dance up but you going to have to ditch a move either close combat or crunch and then you will be easily walled
    -seed bomb hurts rhyperrior harder but thatís about it
    -hone claws only helps out stone edge thatís about it
    -taunt can hurt walls more then an actual hit but aside from them its better to just have attack moves
    -substitute an focus punch are a good combination but aside from steels facade will hit harder
    -ursaring doesnít have a bad sp. attack stat at all but its only special moves are focus blast and hidden power both outclassed by close combat and the elemental punches

Team Options:
    -ursaring performs great as a status absorber but only the second set can do that as quick feet only takes toxic and nothing else
    -a magnet for fighting attacks it like a ghost type
    -ursaring likes screens up to set up swords dance better so consider that
    -ursaring breaks through walls and performs as a great lagte game sweeper which oddly makes it a great choice on stall teams

Counters:
    -priority attackers
    -fighting types are a decent option in combination with a ghost type bait as ursaring will crunch then switch in a fighting type
    -faster sweepers
    -ghost types which spam substitute and just wait until it does from toxic damage
    -solid physical walls before a swords dance

I honestly think it might be to strong for the RU metagame. Thats why I say UU.

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

cant he learn quick attack?

stab priority is always worth a mention

your welcome

no it can't

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

that makes me a sad panda

your welcome