Thread: Maggyo

Default Maggyo

Maggyo

Maggyo is the new dunsparce of pokemon. Decent defenses all around and all haxy moves. But better yet it has an awesome looking face and an awful typing. It has decent defenses so it might be useful in Ru but honestly guys it deserved NU. Use for only lols in any other tier.

HP: 109
    Attack: 66
    Defense: 84
    Sp. Attack: 81
    Sp. Defense: 99
    Speed: 32

Annoying Special Tank
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Veil/Static
    Nature: Calm
    Evs: 228 HP 30 Defense 252 Sp. Defense
    -boiling water
    -discharge
    -sludge bomb
    -pain split

In NU is can tank I guess with that 109/99 sp defense which is pretty decent. Discharge is the main stab move that also has a good paralysis chance. Boiling water offers good coverage against other groundish types that try to switch in on a discharge and burns sometimes. Sludge wave hurt grass types which are common in lower tiers and does at the least neutral damage against them since most are grass/poison and as always has a nice poison chance. Pain split can heal up which is good in annoying although you must do it when maggyo is really low on health because any higher and your probably end up healing it because of in lower tiers that fabulous HP. The evs give you a leftovers number for HP and the rest of that 252 is dumped into defense. And then you maximize sp. def to specially tank.

The choice between sand veil and static is a simple one. If you are using this man on a sandstorm team then go with sand veil if not then always go with static.

Choice Specs Tank
    Item: Choice Specs
    Nature: Modest
    Evs: 252 HP 252 Sp. Attack 6 Sp. Defense
    -thunderbolt
    -earth power
    -sludge bomb
    -surf

With great defenses its like to specs tank attack :O. Thunderbolt and earth power offer great coverage and are great stab moves. Sludge bomb hurt grass types but I should note that if its grass/poison go for earth power because of neutral stab. Surf is great to attack other ground types and rock types out there and offers great coverage. The evs and nature maximize your HP to take hits and sp. attack to dish them out. Smack a life orb on this set and all the moves and everything are exactly the same but generally if you want to use life orb you should also use status moves with the move choiceage.

Life Orb Attacker/Tank (without pain split)
    Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
    Nature: Modest/Calm
    Evs: 252 HP 252 Sp. Attack 6 Sp. Defense
    -yawn
    -earth power
    -discharge/thunderbolt
    -surf/boiling water

Problem with the annoying tank set is pain split is illegal with many of maggyo’s other good egg moves. Most notably the great stab earth power and the annoying yawn. Yawn is a great move to force switches to have a free attacking turn for whatever you want to ether just hit hard or to try your chance at hax or continue yawning to make stealth rocks damage all around the house. Earthpower is a great stab move that complements the electric stab moves well. Thunderbolt/discharge is a great stab move and surf/boiling water for great coverage. Discharge and boiling water are suggested on the tanking set but they can work with life orb too to be annoying. The big choice here is between life orb attacker and tank I combined them since the move sets are very similar its just the evs nature and items that differ. Life orb modest and the listed evs for the life orb set to maximize attacking power and tankness. While Leftovers calm and 228 HP 30 Defense and 252 Sp. Defense to maximize bulkyness and give a leftovers number.

Other Options:
    -one notable move set option is a cruse set earthquake payback and rockslide/rest while maggyo’s attack might not be that great at just 66 in lower tiers its actually OK and after a curse or 2 with maximize special defenses it can be hard to take down differently worth considering
    -maggyo learns sleep talk so it can run a sleep talking set with rest and earth power and discharge/thunderbolt but with so many better options its hard to see why you would choose this
    -spark can be run on the curse set but its so low in power as with revenge
    -bounce is a rather lol attack but if facing pokemon with a quadruple weakness it’s a dangerous move that will force a switch outside of that though its useless even on a curse set
    -sludge wave should never be considered over sludge bomb since 5 move power isn’t worth the huge loss in poison hax
    -you have a choice in hidden powers but generally the natural moves maggyo learns are the best the only one worth noting is hidden power ice for flying types and dragons
    -endure+ flail for lols
    -return is actually a decent option on a curse set

Team Options:
    -if you run yawn consider stealth rocks support
    -Weak to ground water and grass hit’s a dragon type is worth mention or a steel type with a baloon or both
    -as a decent special tank frail physical attacker benefit

Counters:
    -physical hitters
    -anything with earthquake
    -status absorbers

NU please pants

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

why would you EV hp in a pain split set??

fro fuck sakes kirb

your welcome

its like its only good stat

defs on a pain split set.

low HP BECAUSE YOU WANT MORE OF THEIRS EVERYTIME!

basics kirb :p

your welcome

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Yeah, but Pain Split relies on you having less HP than your opponent to be any use. The more HP you have, the less effective it will be.

ed... you need not have repeated me

your welcome

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

I typed that before you posted

hmm

your right actually after thinking about it the pain split stat is totally worthless I will delete it and do the curse set I orginally wanted to do

i guess i'm in speed form today

your welcome

maggyo actually has some intesting sets

more unpredictable then most pokemon better than it

ugh... was gonna say RU to piss you off... but...

NU

because everything it does is a troll

your welcome

its the new dunsprace bitches

pants you get that its much more fun