Over the past month, I rewrote and redesigned PokeDream's Pokedex. It was a big undertaking, but it's finally done. Today, I'd like to announce the launch of Pokedex 2.0, completely rewritten and redesigned from the ground up. There were two reasons for this: the old Pokedex was 1. not user-friendly enough and 2. created in a way such that adding new features was not easy enough. I really wanted our Pokedex to be the best Pokedex on the web in terms of the amount of useful data it contains and its usability, and a rewrite was the best way to accomplish that.
Along with the rewrite, I added a bunch of data and images. Here's a partial list of the new Pokedex's features:
- On the main page, a better sortable Pokemon table that allows you to easily sort Pokemon by their stats and quickly find the Pokemon you want
- Redesigned Pokedex entries for each Pokemon
- A new side bar that follows you as you scroll, allowing you to jump from section to section
- Complete data for all older generations of Pokemon games (we only had data for generations 3, 4, and 5 before)
- Moves data for new Black & White Pokemon
- Updated English names for new Black & White Pokemon
- Tons of new game sprites for each Pokemon
And this is just the beginning. I already have a list of things I need to add and fix that will keep me busy for a while, but feel free to suggest more. Try out the new Pokedex now!