1 25.00%
  • RU

3 75.00%
  • NU

0 0%

Thread: Duskull

Default Duskull

Duskull

Your know this is going to be a crazy generation when of all pokemon Duskull is nudging in for UU status. How? As always evolution stone. No only did dusk clops get a huge boost being actually better then its evolution in every way besides offensive tanking but its little brother got some pretty nice boosts too. Duskull has some pretty sweet defenses and a nice move pool including night shade which actually allows it to do some damage unlike its other NFE brethren with evolution stone attached. Its probably not the best spin blocker in UU but its certainly noteworthy. In RU is a beast although it will never complete fill the void dusclops left but its ok.

HP: 20
    Attack: 40
    Defense: 90
    Sp Attack: 30
    Sp. Defense: 90
    Speed: 25

Defensive Tank and Spin Blocker
    Item: Evolution Stone
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Impish
    Evs: 252 HP 252 Defense 6 Sp. Defense
    -night shade
    -willow-wisp
    -pain split
    -toxic

It might only have one set but itís a good one. Set up stealth rocks and switch in this dude. No getting rid of stealth rocks or spikes for them suckers ha ha ha. Ghost is great defensive typing taking taking normals and fighting moves like a champ and then levitate is just icing on the cake talking any earthquakes. Night shade is is great fixed damage move which is duskullís biggest selling point always hitting at 100 damage. Willow-wisp is great to spread around burn which is great for duskull allowing you to take physical hits even better. Pain slit is great recovery which works good with duskullís super low HP. Toxic is a final set up move just incase you know a fire type pops up or even you plan on having a stall war with something. The evs mazimize dudeís defenses and HP to take physical hits like a champ as with impish which just further increases the defense. Evolution stone is the only reason you can use this thing at all so you need it for the defense boost.

Other Options:
    -the only big option here is rest/sleep talk to take status hits and real them up but generally itís a poor option since your only going to be sleep talking willow-wisp and night shade
    -disable now have 100% now accuracy and is actually quite useful consider it over toxic
    -confuse ray confused but even disable is better
    -shadow sneak is the only attack move you should ever consider for priority to pick off sturdy pokemon but thatís rather situational
    -mean look traps things to possibly toxic stall then and stuff but its gimmicky
    -taunt shuts down other walls if you wish
    -duskull can set up lots of things sunny day rain dance trick room and gravity although duskull benefits from none of these
    -torment and embargo can be used to shut down stuff but honestly taunt is much better
    -substitute can be used if you predict sucker punch
    -destiny bond can make things warry to attack you and maybe force a switch but since duskull isnít fast it canít be used for a surprise kill unless your on a trick room team and besides its illegal with pain split

Team Options:
    -teams that like entry hazards up need this guy to block spinners
    -if you need a physical wall up this is you man it makes great partners with special walls
    -weak to ghost and dark attacks it likes steel types or even a normal type as a bud
    -it takes any fighting and ground hits to again steel types make good friends
    -shut down by status it likes status absorbers or clerics clerics are also great to wish pass to that pityfull HP

Counters:
    -ghost types with any special attacks own with thing
    -status absorbers
    -special sweepers

oh and pants its HP is too aweful not to invest in

The other Cylons call me Triclops. ShadowRaven's Avatar

Why would you invest EV's into HP when you have Pain Split

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

U NUBCAKE

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

I like how smogon agrees with me.

Dam nubs.

Your format sucks but who am I to judge.

Albert Einstein

is good for you

NFE

is good for you

Not Fully Evolved, Kirby.

no such tier as an option

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

UU based on NFE status.

and yes kirb. invest in defs, and NEVER HP in a pain splitter.

you want as much damage as possible from that amazing recovery move

your welcome

Pants if you invest in HP it gets like 3 times more bulkly

its just like Dusclops of Dusknoir you have to invest in HP becuase its so shitty if not for the sake of pain split you will die a fuck not sooner

full defs vs. hp and split defs or hp and 1 def

hmmm

and the fact that pain split takes a WHOLE lot more off, and completely refills health.

i'd say its a better way to go.

150 HP is still enough to take 1/2 extra hits with fulls defs up, and pain split takes it all back. plus you could trick room it! it becomes a powerhouse

your welcome

PS: YOU FORGOT TO MENTION TRICK ROOM AS AN OPTION OMG

your welcome

pants if you want a pain spliter that does that then get level 2 Probopass

much better

too bad everyone plays lv 100 competitively... never open

or else it would be feasible

your welcome

shoddy its possible

with the right support it owns a lot of unprepared teams pity its going to take like 30 minutes for a battle at minimum

lol nobody shoddy's because thats really gay bud

your welcome

IMMA PUT HP EV'S ON A PAIN SPLITTER WUT SHUCKLE IN UU NO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Albert Einstein

^.^ That is you, Kirbx.

Albert Einstein

LOL the joke is that kirby obviously doesn't understand how pain splitter's are more effective with less HP in lv 100 competitive battling and that shuckle is mediocre and cant function in OU, when it most certainly can! GET IT

your welcome

Yes. My, what wit.

Albert Einstein

now lets all have a clever and humorous gander at some etchings!

your welcome

Duskull's HP is so bad pants that if you don't invest there its going to die off way to soon. And besides its not like it changes the painsplit that much.