0 0%
  • RU

0 0%
  • NU

0 0%

Thread: Victini

Default Victini

Victini

Victini is an interesting little pokemon. While many put it down due to its bad typing being weak to both pursuit and stealth rocks it does has some interesting points. Like victory star which makes all moves boosted up by 10% accuracy so Victini has access to some of the strongest moves in the game without worrying about missing all the time. Also is has v-generate which is the strongest move in the game outside of explosion and selfdestuct. Overall itís a cool pokemon you might want to consider adding to a OU team.

HP: 100
    Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Sp. Attack: 100
    Sp. Defense: 100
    Speed: 100

Choice Scarf Sweeper
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Ability: Victory Star
    Nature: Hasty/NaÔve
    Evs: 252 Sp. Attack 6 Defense252 Speed
    -fire blast
    -Thunderbolt/grass knot
    -Psychic/Psycho shock/focus blast/death gambit
    -V-generate

This set allows victini to function well as a mixed sweeper. This set is so well you can do just about anything strap a life orb to it or leftovers and make it bulky the moved are the same. Fire blast is a good stab move that gets boosted to 93.5% accuracy with victory star which is great. Thunderbolt is for bulky waters or grasss knot for heavy pokemon and ground types. Psychic hurts fighting types hard as does psycho shock which hurts there physical side but focus blast should be kept in mind to kill off tyranitar if he switches in. But death gambit is also good because if you have maximum HP it does huge damage and is great to take down just about anything so itís the new explosion if you use this move though sbe sure to have max HP instead of sp. attack. V-generate is the star of this set allowing you to hit very very hard with your physical side. The evs boost up the sp. attack to attack harder there since v-generate doesnít need a boost and then speed to speed tie max speed 100s like it. Naive or hasty to not lower either of the offenses to increase speed. If you choose life orb you have more choice for status moves.

Nitro-charging Sweeper
    Item: Life Orb
    Nature: Jolly
    Evs: 252 Attack 6 Defense 252 Speed
    -nitro charge
    -flare blitz
    -brick break
    -wild charge/v-generate

This is probably one of victimís best sets. Switch into a pokemon as a counter then they have to switch the n you just nitro charge up. After a nitro charge you outspeed whatever counter they had in mind like tyranitar and then kill it off with brick break. Flare blitz is great stab and the main move of this set. Wild charge is ok for any bulky waters out there or v-generate as a last move but its not suggested since then you have 3 fire moves and generally flare blitz is strong enough. As with the first set the evs make sure you speed tie base 100 choice scarfers after a nitro charge and the rest goes into attack to be offensive.

Lead
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Nature: Jolly
    Evs: 252 HP 6 Defense 252 Speed
    -death gambit
    -v-generate
    -brick break
    -u-turn

Victini also makes a great lead with death gambit. Death gambit breaks though pokemon with low HP and there focus sash making a great lead. V-generate as always is a great attack and work nice against things that against effective to death gambit but they are to v-generate and works great if they predict death gambit. Brick break kills off any tyranitars trying to come in and pursuit and finally not everything is a good lead for Victini like bulky waters with those you just u-turn out. The evs maximize HP for death gambit then speed to go first with it. Jolly are always to speed tie other 100s.

Life Orb (Either Physical Or Special) Sweeper
    Item: Life Orb
    Nature: Jolly/Timid/Hasty
    Evs: 252 Attack 6 Defense 252 Speed
    -substitute
    -flare blitz/v-generate/fire blast
    -brick break/focus blast/psychic/psycho shock
    -wild charge/thunderbolt/grass knot

The problem with the first 2 sets is they have no access to one of victimís best moves substitute. Substitute allows you to both not be killed by pursuit users and sucker punchers. Flare blitz or fire blast are great stab fire moves or you could go with v-generate for kicks. Brick break or focus blast for tyranitar or a psychic or psycho shock for the fighting types in OU. Wild charge/thunderbolt for bulky waters or grass knot for ground things that are fat. The big choice here is of course physical or special. If you go for special go with timid and then 252 sp attack instead of attack or if you choose v-generate go for hasty to be a tad bit mixed.

Other Options:
    -endure + reversal for surprise but with sandstorm a OU standard its probably not going to work
    -thunder wave or willow-wisp are possible with bulkier sets but why would you do that when victini is pro at sweeping!
    -energy ball is generally outclassed by grass knot in OU due things being really fat
    -thunder only gets to 77% accuracy which still isnít good but never the less useable if you want
    -shadow ball hits off ghosts on leads sets the try to predict death gambit but v-generate is always stronger
    -on sunny day teams solar beam is an option
    -cheer up boosts up both stats but why? V-generate is already strong enough
    -blaze judgement is an option over fire blast but 93.5% accuracy on freaking fire blast seems fine enough

Team Options:
    -ninetails is good to boost up fire type moves and solar beam
    -fighting types absorb any dark hits and hills off any priority attackers
    -wishers are welcome to heal any recoil or stealth rocks damage
    -stealth rocks is an annoyance so rapid spin is suggested
    -taking grass hits ground types and bulky waters
    -also dealing with steels dragon team members love this dude

Counters:
    -heeatran owns most sets
    -any set without fighting types attacks is tyranitar fodder
    -sandstorm teams

is good for you

Uber

come up with any reason at all of why and I might consider not totally ignoring anything you do

is good for you

It's mad balanced

how does that make it uber?

is good for you

Wait wait I'm not finished

It also has a good movepool

celery why you trolling? I wish to delve into the mind of the celery to proceve why your trolling from pokemon nerd on a pokemon forum when you could be wasting your time somewhere else?

seems odd

is good for you

tell me all your secretes celery

is good for you

Post a complete sentence and I'll reveal all of my secrets to the world.

I wrote a sentence.

is good for you

Ok Kirbx I will tell you my secrets get ready for my secrets!

I really think Victini is OU

:O

is good for you