0 0%
  • UU

0 0%
  • RU

3 100.00%
  • NU

0 0%

Thread: jynx

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

Default jynx

jynx

oh how overlooked a stereotype can be. lets take a look at this near-RU breaking poke....

HP: 65
    attack: 50
    defense: 35
    sp. attack: 115
    sp. def: 95
    speed: 95

pre-analysis: oh wow... it outspeeds most of NU (smogon), it has a huge sp. attack, unique typing. what makes this thing not able break? well lets find out. sadly, the huge 6 weaknesses hurt it quite a bit...

taunt lead

Item: focus sash
    Ability: Dry skin
    Nature: Timid
    Evs: 6 hp 252 sp. attack 252 speed
    -taunt
    -ice beam
    -psychic/dream eater (with lovely kiss only)
    -energy ball/lovely kiss

ok, this set works like standard lead azelf without explosion or rocks. taunt of course ruins most instant leads, and nobody sees jynx anymore, so its pretty unpredictable. ice beam and psychic are obvious stab moves, and the choice between energy ball and sweet kiss is really a matter if you are worried more about speedy leads/torkoal, or swampert/kabutops leads. if you have sweet kiss, you'll be able to disable with huge accuracy over hypnosis. the main things you'll be worried about as a lead is speedy U-turn, priority leads, torkoal, and rock blast from chillaccino. otherwise its pretty formidable because of its great sweeping capabilities after taunt. EV's are basic sp. sweep. also, dry skin is great since you could get a surprise heal from a swampert/burungeru.

cleric at a menstrual show
    Item: focus sash
    Ability: Dry skin/forwarn
    Nature: Timid
    Evs: 252 HP 6 def 252 speed
    -heal bell
    -wish
    -lovely kiss
    -perish song

this is an interesting cleric... because its fast. it can take just about any special hit with relative ease, and have enough time to heal bell or wish. lovely kiss is of course the main beginning move to cause an immediate switch. then, you set up wish or heal bell (depending on the situation). when they use their attack to bring her to 1hp, use perish song or wish one last time. perish song is fun if you can trap them in it with a surprize dugtrio or wobuffet in ubers, and make them taste the pain. the EV's are special... they are support, so they maintain bulk and speed, which jynx needs to be an individual. the 6 in def is just enough to survive an ice punch from weavile (lol). since its not using anything offensive, its simply sitting on its speed and survivability.

Magic coat lead
    Item: Focus sash
    Ability: Dry skin
    Nature: timid
    Evs: 6 hp 252 Sp. Attack 252 Speed
    -magic coat
    -taunt/lovely kiss
    -ice beam
    -psychic

this makes up for jynx's inability to set up rocks. she can FLING the rocks right back. then taunt them out of it again (if she's faster). its a funny little lead that pisses off azelf when it taunts, and it gets taunted itself. it is one of the most forgettable miracles in the metagame. the rest of its lead is exactly the same as the first set.

Other Options:
    -powder snow can um... freeze?... next option.
    -shadow ball is cool, but your a lead anyway, so dont worry about gengars.
    -mean look/block is a must if you really want to make the opponent pissed. but i dont think its worth a slot.
    -ice breath is cool. too bad its impossible to crit a crit. it would be good for calm minders weak to ice(?) since it ignores boosts
    -grass knot is good, but energy ball is a constant damage ration, and not a variable.

Team Options:
    -surprise lead
    -speedy cleric

Counters:
    -chansey can take everything but perish song with ease, and it can Twave.
    -magneton/zone resist its attacks, and hit back hard.
    -any bullet puncher.
    -prediction is the ONLY thing that can stop the leads. otherwise your lead is fucked by an attack, taunt, or magic coat.

your welcome

uh pants there be no chansey and magneton in UU no more

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

i'm not looking at it through tier battling, but more on the scale of every legal battling tier.

i dont give a shit if chansey/magneton are in OU now. i'm concerned with whether this pokemon can work well against things in any teir.

your welcome