Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PokeDream: Legacies

Default PokeDream: Legacies

The World is ravaged. Forty years ago warring nations threatened to tear the world apart until heroes banded together and gathered three books that allowed them to harness the power of several legendary pokemon to bring the leaders of the warring nations to their knees. Sacrifices were made however and all the rituals that controlled the legendaries didn't end up in the hands of the just. Men of Greed and Darkness attempted to use these powerful creatures for their own gain and the world was shattered. The Pokeleauge is gone now, as well as much of civilization and the technology we used to control pokemon. Now wild pokemon roam the world as well as packs of human survivors, all attempting to carve out a place for them selves in this ruined wasteland.

The characters are from the small remote village of Kolm. There, on the outskirts of town lives a man who still knows the secrets of controlling pokemon, a man who can give them purpose and set them on an exciting Pokemon journey. Can these heroes relearn the arts of the pokemon masters and bring some semblance of safety and light back to the world?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So yeah, I'm gonna do a post apocalyptic Pokemon game... nothing TOO out there because some people wanted something simple. This is loosely based off the events that were happening in the old Legacy of a Pokemon Dream section before it died out. Posts your comments and suggestions here and I'll get a sign up when I can. Hopefully the play I'm in won't keep me TOO busy.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Just a question what region? This of vast importance.

Aside from that looks great probably will join.

The Region ISn't of important actually. The landscape of the world has been altered such that nothing is really recognizable anymore. For all intents and purposes it's a new region... however, if this does really well, I've got a lot of stuff I want to incorporate and the region may be more identifiable as one of the ones you know and/or love.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

so for now stick with standard Kanto pokemon?

The other Cylons call me Triclops. ShadowRaven's Avatar

Could be...interesting.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

Name: tu nombre.
    Appearance: WHat does your character look like
    Personality: What your char's actually like.
    Type Affinity: You know the types.

Next you have Five points to divide up amongst these backgrounds... you can put them all in one or just pick a few or try to cover all the bases, but I wouldn't recommend that one, you'd be spread to thin.

Poke Soul: A higher Poke SOul allows you to bind more pokemon to your soul. It can be very important as there are no boxes and pokeballs are exceedingly rare in these days. I'd recommend at least one.

Pokecards: Cold Hard Cash. THere's a lot of these floating around and while the economy is based mostly on trade, someone out there is willing to do a lot for these cards so they're generally accepted as currency. Everyone starts with 50 and you get an additional 50 for every point in this background

Alchemy/Chemistry: You're knowledge of creating Potions and the Like. You also start with one item (typically a potion, maybe an antidote or ether) for every dot you have.

Relic: Relics of the lost age... Ancient broken or partially functioning poketech. Take points in this background if you want to be a more tech savvy character or are interested in putting things back the way they were. (CHance for a partially working dex!)
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Little more about the setting.... Kolm is a small village surrounded mostly by forest. Due to the lethal nature of the world and it's isolation, Kolm has few adults, among them the old man who lives a bit away from the town. Currently a teenaged boy named Nick runs the town. He's tough enough and smart enough to keep the people safe from the ravages of wild pokemon and the human marauders that plague the countryside. Your characters are from Kolm... they do NOT have Pokemon starting. I think I'll go with a group of the first four to five people to make characters and keep this initial trial run of the game small.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Name: James Oak

Appearance: Brown dirty clothes. Shirt appears to be an old white button down dress shirt and blue jeans no shoes. Both a torn up with rips here and there. Always wheres a straw hat. White with brown eyes and brown hair. A bit chubby.

Personality: Shy but spitiful. Nice to everyone but if you cross him once he will hate you for life. Is a bit of a smart-alec thinking he knows everthing.

My guy is the local fisherman. He spends his days toiling away catching fish and selling them to the local markets. He rarely makes any money though since he eats most of the fish.

Type Affinity: Water

Poke Soul: 2
    Pokecards: 0
    Alchemy/Chemistry: 2
    Relic: 1 (just enough for an old rod)

(Actually Not Bad at all) I Like it... Pokesoul we'll worry about later. Your Alchemy gives you two potions, and the knowledge of how to make them and antidotes... the Relic. Old Rod works perfectly... Nice Job Kirny Kirb. Three More players and we're in like Flynn.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Hmm...

Name: Vindicare Glint

Personality: A dedicated tech-head more interested in machinery than people, Vindicare is eager to acquire the old technology from the past. He isn't that good with people, but is nice enough when you get to know him. Vindicare helps maintain the equipment of the other villagers in return for the essentials of life, and sometimes a little extra. His confidence in his own abilities is assured.

Type affinity: Electric

PokeSoul: 1
    Pokecards: 0
    Chemistry: 1
    Relic: 3

Ed.

Great Stuff... Ed for your Chemistry, a potion. For your tech: 3 Functioning pokeballs, and a mostly damaged Card Reader. The Card Reader doesn't do much on it's own, but it can scan Pokecards and dl the data into it's system, paired with a working pokedex it has a greater number of functions. It is HIGHLY sought after by certain tech happy elements in the world.

Hey we get Two more players and we can start this bad boy.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

At this point I'm willing to run as soon as the next person signs up.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Can I attempt to repair the card reader in game?

Absolutely!
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Yaaaaay!

Know what, we can go ahead and start with what we've got, we can always add more people later, worked for Pirates. I'll leave this thread for questions, discussions, and character creation and go ahead and start a thread to start playing in. A little exposition and we can get right into things!
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

in the hearts and souls and minds of mortals

name: Trinity Bale

Appearance: Auburn curly hair (usually in a ponytail), big brown eyes. dresses in a tattered green t-shirt, an old leather vest with a fading pokeball painted on the back and khaki capris. (pic later if you want)

Personality: feels a strong connection to pokemon (especially ground types) and nature. naive, sweet, and trusting, always looking for an adventure. can be impatient. Hates being cooped up indoors and being told what to do.

type affinity:ground

pokesoul:2
    pokecards:1
    alch/chem:2
    relic:-

Pretty Good... well, you know that, cuz I looked over it at the theatre... where you SHOULD have been doing Tech. Hurry up and post now so we can get this party started.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Legacies Weekly News Update!

Okay so, first off... Nyrisis has decided to do artwork for the game. As soon as we get access to a scanner, the RP will be complete with pictures! I think that sounds pretty kick ass, and the picture she drew of everyone's starter Pokemon is pretty cool.

Second off... I'm actually employing a bit of a system for catching pokemon... When you go to catch one, I'll run the numbers and PM you to let you know if your ritual/pokeball/whatever is sucessful. It'll be part random chance, but all based on your knowledge/skill with the rituals, and the quality of your pokeballs... (most of the pokeballs you find are going to be horribly degraded but with some time and effort you can restore them, or even improve...)

Third off... The storyline is about to kick off... time to leave town and head to... but that would be telling.

Keep sending your comments and suggestions, even if you're just a browser and not an active player!
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Magnemite, Sandshrew and Poliwag... We are unstoppable!

Ed.

doth i detect... sarcasm?

DON'T PUT THAT IN YOUR MOUTH! IT WAS MADE IN CHINA!!!- Alora Owens: Age 6

as soon as I was about to post I got raped... -Kirby: Age... whatever

Maybe a little... Ideally we'd have a fire type too ^_^'

I think the hooded man should have an alterior motive somethng a bit nasty but not too devestating.

Also when is Nick going to post?

Nick's mostly an NPC.. I'll have him do a few things eventually though. First pic of the game is up! And The hooded man, Balk... is about as good as it gets in the Wasted Isles, but you're right, he DOES have some skeletons in his closet.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

maybe more people will join...

and let me know if you like the pictures or suggestions of things you want illustrated in game...

there's gonna be a LOT more.

DON'T PUT THAT IN YOUR MOUTH! IT WAS MADE IN CHINA!!!- Alora Owens: Age 6

as soon as I was about to post I got raped... -Kirby: Age... whatever

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast